Author Topic: What will Nintendo release in 2024?  (Read 3783 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: What will Nintendo release in 2024?
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2024, 03:45:18 AM »
What? Safe Khushrenada did not dominate crush the prediction thread last year? Madness Khushrenada actually got some points?! I blame Nintendo! It's time balance was restored to the Force Visions, er, prediction game. I didn't think I'd have to do this again but, if there's one thing I know about Steefosaurus (which obviously isn't knowing the actual username he's currently had for a couple years), Steef-a-roni loves it when someone submits 30 predictions disguised as three people. Or maybe just consider this the forum equivalent of a Dr. Goomba Tower. It's a Prognosticating Khushrenada Tower. Surely this time, everything the Khushrenada Coven says will come to pass...
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 21, 2024, 04:03:53 AM »
Look out! He's back to make the same boring predictions again. Only this time he's slightly angry that he has to repeat himself.

Safe Khushrenada

1. Nintendo will finally talk about the Switch successor, their next gaming system, and when it will launch.

2. One of the games shown for the Switch successor will be a game with Mario in it.

3. Nintendo will release a special edition Switch Oled this year.

4. Nintendo will announce (at least) two new Amiibo figures for the year.

5. More DLC will be available for free to those with the Online Expansion + subscription.

6. A Kirby game will be announced and released within 18 months of that announcement.

7. A previous Pokemon game will be revealed as getting remastered or remade new for Switch and released within a year of its announcement.

8. Metroid Prime 4 footage will finally be shown.

9. Hi-Fi Rush is announced and ported to Nintendo this year.

10. Another GameCube game will be released on Switch either as a port or remaster/remake.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 05:25:06 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2024, 04:37:12 AM »
Forget those plain old vanilla predictions from Safe Khushrenada. Here's the zesty nacho cheese flavored predictions you really want to snack on. It's...

Bold Khushrenada

1. Nintendo's Switch successor does not release in 2024.

2. A new MonolithSoft title is announced and revealed.

3. Donkey Kong 64 comes to the Switch either on the N64 App or remade/remastered for Switch.

4. Another Game Console’s (i.e. Master System, Game Gear, Neo Geo, etc) games are added to the Expansion + subscription.

5. Yoshi’s Woolly World gets a Switch port. Previous Yarn Amiibos get restocked for it.

6. Pocket Card Jockey: Ride On! is brought to the Switch eShop.

And I'm done with Nintendo. We know they'll keep pumping out all sorts of Mario, Zelda, Pokemon game continuously. So let’s bold it and talk third party particularly since it's these louse partners which are forcing me to predict things now!

7. Shin Megami Tensei V returns. Either as a Complete Edition (or Director's Cut) game with DLC in one package or as a spinoff game. Atlus has to keep propping up Sega.

8. More Third Party talk. The Mass Effect Trilogy gets ported to the Switch. EA needs some cash!

9. Sega puts another Monkey Ball game on Switch. Sega really needs some extra income!

10. Pentiment also makes the jump from XBox to Switch. Microsoft desperately needs any kind of gaming revenue they can get!!! They almost quit making consoles earlier this month!
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 05:27:35 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2024, 05:14:44 AM »
Yes!!! He has returned once more. The lunatic legend. The man who makes Howard Beale look sane. The mad prophet of the gaming world. It's...

Madness Khushrenada!

1. Nintendo finally finds Star Fox under the couch cushions and decide to put a Star Fox game on the Switch this year.

2. A Mario sports game is released this year. (Not really that mad of a prediction. Just realized I forgot to make it earlier with the other Khushrenadas. It's trickle down predictions here!)

3. SNES Remix (a sequel to the NES Remix games) is announced and released within 18 months.

4. Endless Ocean returns from the grave and comes to the Switch this year.

5. Square ports over more Dragon Quest games (such as 4, 5, 6) to the Switch and announces Dragon Quest 12 will release on a Nintendo system.

6. Even more Square madness. Square brings Terranigma to the Switch.

7. Square-sanity! Fortune Street also returns to Switch this year.

8. Pushmo ain't dead either! A Pushmo collection is announced for Switch.

9. Spike Chunsoft delivers! AI: Somnium Files 3 is announced. The Zero Escape series is also ported to Switch.

10. Mother 3 actually releases in North America on the Switch GBA app.

11. Everyone else’s predictions go to 10. Not Madness Khushrenada. His picks go to 11. He's just so eXtreme! Chibi-Robo fire is real! The little robot who could stuns the world by coming to Switch in a Chibi-Robo collection of his first three games. It causes the Switch to not only surpass the PS2's total sales but also double them!! You heard it here first!

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2024, 12:07:00 PM »
Either Madness Khush was aware of the rumored Endless Ocean announcement or he’s just that damn good.

Kind of embarrassed about the lack of Hi Fi Rush today. One game we all know is making it isn’t even mentioned.

EDIT: Further embarrassed by the Xbox press release that deconfirms Hi Fi Rush on Switch. DAMN! I’m stupid.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2024, 03:04:14 PM by Evan_B »
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 21, 2024, 01:35:13 PM »
Rumor has it that Madness Khushrenada heard the scuttlebutt and decided to go with it because it did seem kind of crazy. Also realize that I forgot to make a prediction that Silksong would release on the Switch / Switch 2 within a year. Even 30 some predictions isn't enough! Last year, Madness Khushrenada was going to predict Professor Layton returned when no one had even rumored that and then changed the prediction to something else. Endless Ocean makes up for that error.

When Microsoft didn't give full details about what games they would be porting in their damage control podcast, it was speculated that perhaps those announcement like Hi-Fi Rush were because they would be revealed as coming out around the launch of the Switch 2 and that's why Microsoft kept the details hushed. Obviously, this partner direct had a couple ports announced but no Hi-Fi Rush which was the most expected. Maybe it will still be saved for the launch of the Switch 2.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
SUBMISSIONS CLOSED
« Reply #31 on: February 21, 2024, 01:44:12 PM »
Submissions are closed!
Feel free to continue speculation throughout the year, but they no longer net those desirable points.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2024, 12:38:34 AM »
EDIT: Further embarrassed by the Xbox press release that deconfirms Hi Fi Rush on Switch. DAMN! I’m stupid.

What?! Where's the source on this?

Online Dinar87

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 26, 2024, 03:58:01 AM »
Nintendo should really consider giving us the Fire Emblem 4 remake (especially as engage wasn't so well received, and heroes is apparently declining in popularity as well).

If the Switch 2 really is internally delayed to 2025 and we're getting nothing inbetween, then they really need to give us another solid remake/remaster to fill in the gaps.

Offline M.K.Ultra

• is late to the party
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
    • Games I'm Playing
« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2024, 11:17:12 AM »
Concerning the games we already know about, I predict that Paper Mario TTYD will release before Luigi's Mansion 2
I got one! ;D

Online Dinar87

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 13, 2024, 05:59:52 AM »
2024 feeling dry asf already. If we don't get a general nintendo direct in april like the rumors said then that's going be sooo bad.

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 13, 2024, 08:52:52 AM »
2024 feeling dry asf already. If we don't get a general nintendo direct in april like the rumors said then that's going be sooo bad.
Oh no! The software lineup of a seven year old console is lower in the year before its successor is released!

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 13, 2024, 05:31:43 PM »

Regarding Nintendo's own output I definitely expect a lighter year, with mostly repackaged material while they gear up towards a successor system. It feels like the Splatoon 3 DLC went by entirely unnoticed outside of its existing audience, and outside of the Peach and Endless Ocean games there's not a whole lot on the horizon except for Pokémon.

That said the year has started with several great third party releases on Switch, like Balatro, Unicorn Overlord, and Prince of Persia. And it's gonna be another banner year for RPGs too, with Ys X, Suikoden remakes, Eiyuden Chronicles, SaGa Emerald Beyond, SMTV Vengeance, etc.
Coupled with the stacked past few years of releases to catch up on, I think the system is weathering its twilight years quite well.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 13, 2024, 06:08:22 PM »

I agree. With Paper Mario in May and Luigi's Mansion 2 in July, Nintendo is spacing out their releases more to every other month. Up to this point, their output has usually been releasing a game a month aside from the 2020 Covid year. Are they just going to try and port / remaster a couple more games to ride out the year (or whenever the Switch 2 releases) or leave it to third parties to fill in the year for software? Will they actually release a couple new games like Peach Showtime or hold that stuff back now for Switch 2? It's probably the right call to hold things back and make sure the Switch 2 is constantly getting new games added to its library to keep up launch momentum. I think Nintendo learned the value of that with Wii U and 3DS to an extent.

Personally, I've got so much in the backlog that I don't mind a slower year. I can pretend I'm catching up in that case but, at the same time, I do agree there's a weird paradox of not being excited to play games when it feels like there is nothing to get hyped about on the horizon. I don't know what it is about gaming specifically since I don't have that problem with other hobbies or media. It must be some kind of inadvertent behavior I trained into myself from all these years of playing games while always wanting to know the latest on what's next.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2024, 10:16:21 AM »
Oh every fucking year it's the same ****.  Most of the games that come out in the second half of the year don't get announced until around June.  I remember last year so many people were so sure that nothing was coming out after Tear of the Kingdom.  So this guaranteed that the Switch successor was coming out in the second half of 2023 has well.

Hell, there was still people around this time last year who still thought Nintendo was going to pull a Sega Saturn and suddenly release it's successor at the same time as Tears of the Kingdom, since there was nothing coming out after Zelda, and since Breath of the Wild was a cross gen release, it just made perfect sense.  Despite the fact that the reason Breath of the Wild was cross gen didn't apply to Tears of the Kingdom at all, and there was no credible rumors of third parties even having any games even remotely for a Switch successor release at that time either.  But nope, apparently nothing else is coming out after Zelda the Switch is dead and a new system just has to be coming out in a few months.

Seroiusly, they just announced a sequel to Endless Ocean and Pokemon Legends this last month, with Endless Ocean coming out in May.  Now people can argue that Endless Ocean is a niche title, but the first Pokemon Legends sold 15 million copies.  If a sequel to a game that big is coming out in 2025, is is really that hard for people to believe that Nintendo has other major titles ready to come out in the second half of 2024 as well.

That said the year has started with several great third party releases on Switch, like Balatro, Unicorn Overlord, and Prince of Persia. And it's gonna be another banner year for RPGs too, with Ys X, Suikoden remakes, Eiyuden Chronicles, SaGa Emerald Beyond, SMTV Vengeance, etc.
Coupled with the stacked past few years of releases to catch up on, I think the system is weathering its twilight years quite well.

Oh and this right here.  It's funny how in every previous gen people bitched non-stop about the lack of third party support on Nintendo systems, but now when the Switch has had great third party support, many Nintendo fans seem to completely ignore it.  The third party support the Switch had in the first half of this year alone, is already better than the support we'd have in entire years in the past.  Just look at the Nintendo Direct reaction on some of the more Nintendo centric forums last September when a lot of these great third party titles were first announced.  Some people were literally saying it was the worst Direct ever, worse then even the ones from the 3DS and Wii U era that literally had only a handful of games shown and Nintendo having to talk about other **** just to fill up time.

This gen has really shown that a lot of the Nintendo hardcore really don't care about anything that isn't the big Nintendo guns like Mario Platformer, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash Bros, because so many great games get completely ignored by them.  Hell, some still ignore Splatoon despite the fact Splatoon 2 and 3 are both 10 million plus sellers.

It's like anything that's not directly related to the N64 and Gamecube era of Nintendo doesn't count, since that's when so many of them first came online to talk about Nintendo games and are permanently stuck in the early 2000's.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Evan_B

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 14, 2024, 10:35:58 AM »
Oh and this right here.  It's funny how in every previous gen people bitched non-stop about the lack of third party support on Nintendo systems, but now when the Switch has had great third party support, many Nintendo fans seem to completely ignore it.  The third party support the Switch had in the first half of this year alone, is already better than the support we'd have in entire years in the past.  Just look at the Nintendo Direct reaction on some of the more Nintendo centric forums last September when a lot of these great third party titles were first announced.  Some people were literally saying it was the worst Direct ever, worse then even the ones from the 3DS and Wii U era that literally had only a handful of games shown and Nintendo having to talk about other **** just to fill up time.

This gen has really shown that a lot of the Nintendo hardcore really don't care about anything that isn't the big Nintendo guns like Mario Platformer, Zelda, Pokemon, Smash Bros, because so many great games get completely ignored by them.  Hell, some still ignore Splatoon despite the fact Splatoon 2 and 3 are both 10 million plus sellers.

It's like anything that's not directly related to the N64 and Gamecube era of Nintendo doesn't count, since that's when so many of them first came online to talk about Nintendo games and are permanently stuck in the early 2000's.
Go off, go off.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 14, 2024, 01:57:39 PM »
Regarding third party support I figure there is a big difference in attitude depending on if a person has only a Switch or also has another current console.  For multiplatform third party games the Switch version is usually the worst and often costs a bit extra.  So if you own a PS4 or 5 and don't specifically desire portability you'll probably get the game on one of those systems instead.  If that's your situation then the Switch's usefulness is entirely based on its exclusives, which is usually going to be first party games.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2024, 10:11:27 AM »
Regarding third party support I figure there is a big difference in attitude depending on if a person has only a Switch or also has another current console.  For multiplatform third party games the Switch version is usually the worst and often costs a bit extra.  So if you own a PS4 or 5 and don't specifically desire portability you'll probably get the game on one of those systems instead.  If that's your situation then the Switch's usefulness is entirely based on its exclusives, which is usually going to be first party games.

That's makes complaints even worse if you ask me.  If somebody has the money to own all the different systems, then who gives a **** if one system is lacking in exclusives you want to play at the moment.  It's like when millionaires complain about having to pay taxes when they're still worth millions of dollars after taxes and can still afford to buy anything they want.

Especially when last year, 2023 was one of the best years in gaming, that just had an insane amount of high quality games come out across the board on every system.  If somebody owns all the different systems, then I doubt they even had any time to remotely play all the great games that came out in 2023 alone, let alone all the great games that have already come out this year alone in less then 3 months.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Online Dinar87

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2024, 12:25:56 PM »
Oh no! The software lineup of a seven year old console is lower in the year before its successor is released!

They should show the switch 2 and some new games then. I want to see the next Xenoblade already!!!

Online Dinar87

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2024, 12:35:35 PM »
Oh every fucking year it's the same ****.  Most of the games that come out in the second half of the year don't get announced until around June.  I remember last year so many people were so sure that nothing was coming out after Tear of the Kingdom.  So this guaranteed that the Switch successor was coming out in the second half of 2023 has well.

Hell, there was still people around this time last year who still thought Nintendo was going to pull a Sega Saturn and suddenly release it's successor at the same time as Tears of the Kingdom, since there was nothing coming out after Zelda, and since Breath of the Wild was a cross gen release, it just made perfect sense.  Despite the fact that the reason Breath of the Wild was cross gen didn't apply to Tears of the Kingdom at all, and there was no credible rumors of third parties even having any games even remotely for a Switch successor release at that time either.  But nope, apparently nothing else is coming out after Zelda the Switch is dead and a new system just has to be coming out in a few months.

Seroiusly, they just announced a sequel to Endless Ocean and Pokemon Legends this last month, with Endless Ocean coming out in May.  Now people can argue that Endless Ocean is a niche title, but the first Pokemon Legends sold 15 million copies.  If a sequel to a game that big is coming out in 2025, is is really that hard for people to believe that Nintendo has other major titles ready to come out in the second half of 2024 as well.

The switch has had a lot of dry years too; 2018 was mostly wii u ports and smash ultimate, 2020 was a disaster, 2022 apart from xenoblade 3 was uninteresting too.

Sure they have a tendency to announce big games in the 2nd half, but it's far from guaranteed.