Author Topic: Mini Mario & Friends: Amiibo Challenge Announced  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Mini Mario & Friends: Amiibo Challenge Announced
« on: January 12, 2016, 02:22:00 PM »

The newest Mario and Donkey Kong title is way cheaper than the last one.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41762/mini-mario-n-friends-amiibo-challenge-announced

A new promotion will be launching in Japan at the end of the month that rewards amiibo buying with a completely new game.

Beginning on the 28th of January, purchasing an amiibo from select Japanese retailers will qualify you to receive download codes for the brand new "Mini Mario & Friends Amiibo Challenge". Should the game come out in English, it will be a part of the Mario and Donkey Kong series.

According to the Nintendo Topics (Japanese link) article, the game will be distributed for free at a later date. More details on the game's amiibo functions, and any news of a Western release, will come at a later date.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Mario And Friends: Amiibo Challenge Announced
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2016, 11:48:05 PM »
Hmmm... this sounds similar to what I believe Amiibo Festival should've been, a free download that requires Amiibo to play.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline fred13

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
Re: Mini Mario & Friends: Amiibo Challenge Announced
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2016, 10:32:04 AM »
If they had done that then the Animal Crossing Amiibo might actually be selling.