Author Topic: The Animal Crossing Trading League: Badge Quest! 4 Gold Badges Still to Acquire.  (Read 215527 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing Trading & Frontier Justice League: 17 Items Left.
« Reply #625 on: December 08, 2014, 06:00:52 PM »
Well, well, well. Look who's coming crawling back to New Leaf. Time sure has passed this thread by. I stopped playing for a couple weeks with my brother down and some family get-togethers. The weekend he left is when Smash 3DS came out which I popped in my 3DS and have been playing pretty steady. But I've pretty much wrapped that game up. I've got 12 characters who I still need to unlock all their custom moves for and some hats to collect but otherwise, that challenge is over. So, let's get back to wrapping this game up. I was coming so close to finalizing a lot of things and I'm not going to leave it unfinished like that.

Big apologies to Dan Laser. At the time of my second pause in playing this, I was working on getting her catalogue up to date and even had some artwork for her to complete her museum's gallery. Surprised you didn't bug me about it. I noticed on Miiverse you were playing Earthbound so I figured you were taking a break from the game too which eased my worried mind a bit but that was a month ago at least. Not sure where you are at with this game but if you want to get back into it and finishing it up, I'm ready to end it.

It was a bit rough jumping back in. I had to start figuring out again which of my storehouse contained which items and where I was at with Town projects and decorating. I think I've just about got it all under control again. One bonus at least is that I stopped adjusting my internal 3DS clock in order to keep catching up in game. This allowed me to finally streetpass other users with New Leaf data so that when I rebooted it, I was able to get the Bronze streetpass badge.

At this point, the big thing I'm looking for is visitors to my town and being able to visit other towns. I've had 135 visitations to my town according to my spreadsheet records. I need another 365 to get the gold. I've yet to get the bronze badge for travelling so I'm not sure where I stand on that. In order to get the bronze badge, I need to make 100 trips to other towns so I haven't reached that point but I feel I'm close to.

For those that don't know, having 100 visits to your town allows you to change the theme of your train station. If you need to pump up your visits, I'm willing to do so. I just ask that you pump up my visits in return.

If you need a place to sell fruit, let me know. If you need items, I'll buy them for you with the only charge being that you visit me to pick them up. I'll check my Stock Market prices for you and let you sell away. I just want visits. Let's make a deal.

If you are looking to jump back into this for awhile, are still playing or have just begun, contact me and let's get this thread going again.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing Trading & Frontier Justice League: 14 Items Left.
« Reply #626 on: December 08, 2014, 09:19:47 PM »
I may be willing to help boost your visitor count. School is wrapped up for the quarter and I was seeing the game being neglected on my home screen so I've got an itch to scratch...and a mess in my town to clean up.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: December 08, 2014, 10:53:11 PM »
Let's do it!

Time to start living up to your title of Mayor, Stratos. Go back to your town and show 'em who's boss by making some extravagant Public Work Projects.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:19:19 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: December 09, 2014, 06:36:00 PM »
I would if they actually REQUESTED them! I want the police station. My town is a lawless realm of raiders and litterers.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: December 09, 2014, 11:56:02 PM »
I would if they actually REQUESTED them! I want the police station. My town is a lawless realm of raiders and litterers.

Terrible. It bugged me how long it took my villagers to finally request a Police Station one day. However, I discovered something a few months back about increasing ones chances of getting public work requests. I'll see if I can dig it up again.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 02:03:03 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #630 on: December 10, 2014, 04:04:48 PM »
So, would you be free to do some visitations tonight, Stratos?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: December 11, 2014, 01:23:22 PM »
As mentioned, here is the link to a trick on getting villagers to request public works projects.

http://www.reddit.com/r/AnimalCrossing/comments/1hs2lo/possible_way_to_get_villagers_to_request_public/

In the case of the Police station, it can be requested by any villager type so you should have a better chance of it being requested than some other works. There are works that can only be requested by a specific villager type and in case you haven't searched about that before, here is a link detailing all public works and what kind of villagers will request them:

http://animalcrossing.wikia.com/wiki/Public_Works_Projects

Good luck!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing Trading & Frontier Justice League: 1 Bloody Item Left.
« Reply #633 on: December 15, 2014, 01:01:50 AM »
Yeah, I saw a few comics like that at the time Pokémon X and Y came out. This was a popular one:

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing Trading & Frontier Justice League: 1 Bloody Item Left.
« Reply #634 on: December 15, 2014, 01:06:47 AM »
Well, as I mentioned in Pokepal's 700 pokemon thread (to give it something interesting to read) the bloody museum gift shop will not offer me the last item I need, the Underwater Wall. I'll get it eventually I'm sure but I hope I get it soon so I can wrap this long quest up. Of course, I'll have to do one last double check through the catalogue and my notes to make sure nothing is missing and then finish referencing everything in my storehouse to make sure nothing is lost but it's almost badge time. Still looking for volunteers to help me get those travelling and hosting badges.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Well, in case you aren't following me on Miiverse, (and shame on you if that's true) last night I finally finished my catalogue.

It all came together. I stopped by Nook's homes and he finally had the arched fairy-tale door as well so that I could complete my fairy-tale themed house. I was even able to get a couple more streetpass tags yesterday.

Right now, my goal is to catch my game back up to real time while working on my remaining badges. On that subject:

That leaves me with 8 gold badges still to collect. I'll be able to knock another 2 off pretty quickly. I have about 360 weeds I still have to pluck and as I race to catch up to real time, I'm able to keep plucking away a lot of weeds. Once I get that badge, I can finally enact the beautiful town ordinance and stop worrying about watering flowers. At that time, I'll probably stop for a moment and do some landscaping. I need to plant 110 items for the gold badge and that I could do in one go. I've got 48 regular trees to plant as well as over 50 pieces of fruit to plant so I'll lay out where I want my vegetation and final public work projects. And with that last decorating hurdle complete, catching up will be a breeze.

However, I still welcome any visitors that can come by in my quest to get the gold hosting badge. I'll offer NWR the same deal I've made on another site. I will pay a player 10,000 bells per visit. So, if you want to visit me 10 times, that's 100.000 bells just like that. If you need cash for you own public work projects, you may want to consider stopping by my town.

Finally, Stratos, did you ever get a Golden slingshot? I've never seen another gold slingshot float through my city. It's always the silver. If you still need a golden slingshot, I can dupe you mine if you want. Just wanted to check up on that.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
I have two or three golden slingshots. I needed a gold net and shovel though.

Congrats on the catalog completion!
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Thank you. I also updated the original post in this thread and thank you for the help you and others provided in allowing me to be able to complete my catalogue. I've got the golden net and shovel too and can clone those if you just want them instead of having to work away at them. For you, I'll clone anything.

Offline Dan Laser

• Score: 12
    • View Profile
Haha yes, I got a little burned out on the game. And yes I do, in fact, play other games than Animal Crossing! I didn’t want to bother you about the game, since I figured you were busy and perhaps needed a break too. I played a couple times now and then over the last months, but haven't really been motivated to keep up with it. I’ve been thinking of starting again so this is good timing. I’ve got to see where I’m at in the game, and probably update my list a bit, too.

I had to double-take when I saw your Animal Crossing Miiverse posts. I thought maybe I had jumped back 3 months, but they were recent! And what’s this? Your old avatar is back! I need to change my dead cat.

Anyways, yes, it would be awesome to wrap up this catalog stuff. And of course I can help with the town visit count and such. And then you can focus on becoming Mayor of NWR.

I had a horrible dream the other night that my game wouldn’t start…

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Dan Laser has returned!

It wasn't so much burn-out as that I didn't have time to play it for a couple weeks and then Smash 3DS came out and was my new obsession. But I was kicking myself for letting my A.C. play slide since I was so close to finishing up a lot of things. So, once I basically unlocked and did everything in Smash 3DS, I got back on to the A.C. train to finish it up.

My A.C. Miiverse posts are like the batsignal alerting players that I'm back in the game.

I also thought it was time to go back to the classic avatar before it was forgotten. I can give you a link to an undead Punchy avatar if you want from when you played the A.C. mafia game or you can go back to your classic avatar or do something new. But changing the dead cat is probably a good idea.

If you want to go through your list of stuff again, I'll gather up what you need and we can complete your catalogue also. Tomorrow would be a good time for me to meet up if you want to start doing this soon but it can be later if you need time to catch up.

And with the funhouse named after me, I'm practically the mayor of NWR already. 8)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
When can we get some hosting and travelling action going on? I'm just waiting by the train station for news....

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Just got back from my vacation. I have some more time off before work so I'll be sure to go on Sunday or Monday.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
If you want a badge you'll have to go to the local Pokemon Gym and challenge the Gym Leader there and win.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Gosh! I'd better head over with my poke-pals before my rival shows up and brags about all his shiny badges.
My Game Collection

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Just got back from my vacation. I have some more time off before work so I'll be sure to go on Sunday or Monday.

Awesome!

If you want a badge you'll have to go to the local Pokemon Gym and challenge the Gym Leader there and win.

Nice. I've got my Golden Axe and Golden Shovel and have suited up in gold armor. I'll take those Gym Leaders down gladiator style. It's the Animal Crossing way.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Sunday or Monday, he says. Sunday is gone and Monday is over and still no trains to my train station.  :'(

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
How is my badge collection coming along anyways?

I posted it on Miiverse but in case you aren't following me, (which is your loss), here's the latest picture I took of it.

The gold gardening badge is close to be accomplished. I just have to plant 40 more things.

I'll probably tackle the dream suite badge next. I'm trying to get a crew of people together for visits. If I could get 10 visits a day for a month, I'd pretty much have the gold hosting badge. My idea is to break it down where every Friday is when so and so would visit me 10 times. Or every Sunday and Tuesday is when such and such would make 10 trips to my town. In that way, it's broken down into a very manageable task. I've resorted to going on *shudder* another forum to try and get a crew going. I'll mention it here in case anyone was worried about having to make 100's of visits and would be up for doing it in small batches like this.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
Sorry, I planned to play yesterday evening but stayed several hours too long at my folks place and blew all of my spare time. Shoot for Thursday? It is my next day off.
My Game Collection

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Yeah, you ain't beating me to the pokedex (unless they announce gen 7 in the next year)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Sorry, I planned to play yesterday evening but stayed several hours too long at my folks place and blew all of my spare time. Shoot for Thursday? It is my next day off.

Sure. I'll take visits any day I can. Although, I also need to do travelling. I feel I'm close to getting that bronze badge so if you have time where you can just leave your town open for me to visit a few times as well, I've still got that mission to accomplish as well.