Author Topic: Kororinpa 2!!!  (Read 13910 times)

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: Kororinpa 2!!!
« Reply #50 on: March 22, 2009, 04:56:28 AM »
Been playing the review copy and will be writing the review very soon. The game is amazing. For $29.99 you absolutely can not go wrong buying this game. I think the motion controls might be the best I've seen on the Wii yet.

That's interesting you mention the motion controls because IGN hated them and said they ruined what could have been a really nice game.

I am eagerly awaiting your review.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #51 on: March 22, 2009, 05:39:33 AM »
Played some today.  The game is amazing.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #52 on: March 22, 2009, 10:33:55 AM »
Been playing the review copy and will be writing the review very soon. The game is amazing. For $29.99 you absolutely can not go wrong buying this game. I think the motion controls might be the best I've seen on the Wii yet.

That's interesting you mention the motion controls because IGN hated them and said they ruined what could have been a really nice game.

I am eagerly awaiting your review.

I just read their review and my god is it crap. I don't understand what "disconnect" he felt from the level when tilting the remote. As a matter of fact, that strong connection to the game world via the remote is probably the best part of the game. Need to nudge the marble over a hump to get it rolling? Nudge the controller a bit, and voila! Every little motion is accurately represented on the screen.

I just beat the entire game last night (though I still have yet to try the Balance Board levels) and I couldn't be happier with the overall experience. Just a flat out fantastic game from start to finish. After just one short week with it, it has easily become one of my favorite Wii games.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #53 on: March 22, 2009, 02:59:09 PM »
I was going to mention the IGN review as well. A lot of outlets have said the game has some of the best motion controls on the Wii yet so I am surprised that IGN hated it. Maybe this is yet another case of the player not understanding the controls and damning the game for it?
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #54 on: March 22, 2009, 03:03:43 PM »
Mr. Jack when do you think your review will be up?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline redgiemental

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 22, 2009, 04:19:54 PM »
This reminded me that I still haven't got around to buying the original.

Should I skip the first and just head for the sequel or buy both and play through them in order?

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 22, 2009, 10:48:28 PM »
I don't understand what "disconnect" he felt from the level when tilting the remote.

The level tilts with high precision from controlling the remote, but you can't deny that they've changed the way the marbles interact with the level.
Like I posted before, the first marble from K1 one acts differently than the exact same marble from K2 when rolling through the level.
What made me instantly like K1 was how smoothly the first marble rolled through the levels, and that's what I was hoping for in K2.

Can you verify that the game runs in 16:9, or some sort of widescreen derivative?

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 23, 2009, 11:49:21 AM »
I never played the original Kororinpa, would I be missing out on anything if I bought this one?
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2009, 01:25:23 PM »
I never played the original Kororinpa, would I be missing out on anything if I bought this one?

I would play the original for completion's sake, but it seems you can jump right into this one without having experienced the first game.
Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2009, 02:42:25 PM »
I never played this game either, but I do love the genre. At 30 bucks, all I need is a competent review from my favorite site in order to buy it.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: March 23, 2009, 03:42:59 PM »
A store here has Kororinpa 1 for 30€ now but I went with Disaster instead which got dropped to the same price...

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #61 on: March 25, 2009, 03:51:23 AM »
Kori
I don't understand what "disconnect" he felt from the level when tilting the remote.

The level tilts with high precision from controlling the remote, but you can't deny that they've changed the way the marbles interact with the level.
Like I posted before, the first marble from K1 one acts differently than the exact same marble from K2 when rolling through the level.
What made me instantly like K1 was how smoothly the first marble rolled through the levels, and that's what I was hoping for in K2.

Can you verify that the game runs in 16:9, or some sort of widescreen derivative?

Kororinpa 2: MARBLE JESUS runs in widescreen 480p / 60fps, and supports Dolby Pro Logic II.  The high production values for a game of balls yet.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 27, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »
Nevermind.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2009, 08:55:30 PM by Caliban »

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
« Reply #63 on: March 31, 2009, 10:53:56 PM »
Sorry it took me so long (work has been hell), but the review is now up. 9.0!
Check out PixlBit!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 01, 2009, 12:17:32 AM »
Nice review. I'm glad to hear the controls aren't as wonky as IGN claimed they were.

Have you played Bit.Trip Beat at all Mr. Jack? That had really smooth motion controls as well and I am curious of your thoughts about how similar they could be.

Thanks for the effort in getting the review out swiftly, your time and writing is appreciated.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #65 on: June 03, 2009, 05:55:54 PM »