Author Topic: Important Announcement! All past/current Mafia Players, please read.  (Read 4107 times)

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
I'm assuming I can announce this now so I'll do it: As some of you may have noticed I am now a contributor for Nintendo World Report. This means I have the ability to post content to Nintendo World Report itself. I have received permission to use the site to promote both Mafia 81, and all future games, including ones I do not actually host. The reason for this is twofold, firstly to potentially expand the playerbase but the second (and I believe most important one) is that Forum Mafia is one of the Nintendo World Report community's oldest traditions. We're honestly long overdue for some representation on the site itself.

However we have to do a bit of work to introduce this to a wider audience. Not everyone knows what Forum Mafia is or why they should play it, but you guys do. I am planning to begin work on a piece that celebrates the past 80 games and includes player testimonials. If you wish to contribute to this than please post a reply below: Here are some prompts to help get you started.

1. What are one or two of your favorite memories of Mafia games from Nintendo World Report?

2. Why would you recommend trying Mafia for someone who hasn't played it before?

I'll pick a few posts that I like to be featured in the article and a link to this thread will be provided for those interested in reading more player testimonials to check out. This thread is in a sense part of the article I'm writing for the site so if I see any kind of derailment or if something is posted here that would not be appropriate to post on the Nintendo World Report front page than it will be removed. Any questions or concerns will go here though.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Important Announcement! All past/current Mafia Players, please read.
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2019, 10:57:39 AM »
I play Mafia because I like to vote Pokepal148 out of the game and keep him from winning.  8)
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2019, 11:42:34 PM »
I forgot I signed up! When does the game start?

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2019, 11:46:21 PM »
It starts tomorrow.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 03:16:09 AM »
how that one bomber from one game killed all of us.
Made you look ****.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 12:51:38 PM »
I remember the Mario Paintball one where there were two mafias, and my team's godfather was dead. I convinced the hit man from the other mafia (Pap64) that he was on my team and to take out the wrong person and secure our victory.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2019, 09:01:25 AM »
1. My second game. I was young in real life and in terms of mafia experience, which definitely showed in my performance. Yet, it was enjoyable because it was the first time in a round of mafia where I started to piece things together, sussing out the scum and the killer, stuff like that. It was kind of a thrill to be able to deduce things and problem solve. I was hooked from there.

2. Mafia here is a lot more low-key and relaxed than other forums, but that doesn't mean it isn't taken seriously/people don't play to win. There are a lot of experienced players capable of deception and deduction. All in all, it really is meant to be a fun time with fellow users--a light-hearted competition.