Gaming Forums > General Gaming

La Mulana 2 announced

(1/4) > >>

azeke:
http://nigoro.jp/en/2013/09/la-mulana2/

Awwww, yeah!..

No platform announced, but i'm guessing PC with possible other console port later.

First game, while chock full of unfair puzzles was a great metroidvania game with an amazing soundtrack. At some time i just had to look up video walkthrough, because later on puzzles just became absolutely impenetrable. Still i loved the experience, gameplay and music and bosses. Highly recommended if you want some LONG ass sprawling metroidvania.

Pixelated Pixies:
La Mulana had many things going for it, and I really enjoyed sections of it, but it's opaqueness really dragged down the experience for me. There is definitely a lot of room for improvement with a sequel, so I'll be really interested to see whether or not it retains the original's unrelenting difficulty.

Personally? I hope they dial back the difficulty somewhat. I'm all for difficult games, but La Mulana eventually just became infuriating.

ejamer:

--- Quote from: Pixelated Pixies on September 20, 2013, 01:16:15 PM ---...
Personally? I hope they dial back the difficulty somewhat. I'm all for difficult games, but La Mulana eventually just became infuriating.

--- End quote ---

Agreed, although just how difficult to make the game is debatable.

Hopefully the sequel is still a long and challenging game - we already have way too many games where there is no skill or challenge involved, instead being simple time sinks where anyone who cares to put in the time will be successful.

azeke:
Game wasn't that difficult, gameplay wise. Some puzzles, yes, were complete bullshit. But even then some were enjoyable («impregnating», decrypting old language with pen and paper - loved these).
Game was punishing and demanded slighlty more from player but it was extremely rewarding.
One of the techniques game forces you to learn to beat one boss absolutelty blew my mind - boss had a laser beam that was nearly impossible to dodge. The solution was, drop caltrops on the floor and step on them taking 1–2 hp damage for this instead of dying instantly when touching laser beam. Because you start blinking and become invincible for a few seconds after you take damage, you had to harm yourself and then just pass right through deadly laser beam during blinking amimation. The game had a special ability later on to prolong blinking so it definitely was intended.
It's one of the many, many things i loved so much in first game. Combined with awesome music, disturbing story and visuals it really made for an unforgettable experience.

First screenshot:

Booth photo:

Pixelated Pixies:
Those of us who don't like reading FAQs might just be in luck.

La-Mulana creator Takumi Naramura has said that he wishes to make the sequel less confusing than the first game.
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2013-09-20-la-mulana-2-is-coming-to-pc-next-year

Hallelujah!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version