Author Topic: Mafia LX: Holiday Murder Mystery Mafia - 2nd Day of Christmas  (Read 15387 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LX: Holiday Murder Mystery Mafia - 2nd Day of Christmas
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2013, 04:16:29 PM »
Oh man. This thread is jumping now. I love it. Game theory is starting is starting to crop up everywhere.

First thing I need to point out because people keep tripping over this fact. Lucariofan99 has not logged on to this forum since Dec. 8 and Stogi has not logged on since Dec. 9. That is why you have heard nothing from them. They don't even know the game is on or what their role is if they have one. So voting for them because they've been quiet is not a good reason. However, if you want to vote for them just to find out what their role is and remove them from being a possible suspect, fair enough. But don't do it because they are quiet. Something else to keep in mind. Neither of them can be the godfather as they wouldn't have been able to know they have that role and send in hits ahead of time like I once did since there was no game or roles handed out when they last checked in. The godfather is an active player. Lucariofan and Stogi could have a mafia role. Not showing up doesn't eliminate that fact but they are not being suspicious and hiding at the moment.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Silenced

• A rather quiet thatguy
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2013, 04:22:41 PM »
We've only got on vote for Stogi. Keeping our options open includes keeping those inactive players in our minds, because they don't necessarily have to be the godfather. Number one suspicions, no, there is only a minimal chance that both of them if any of them have a mafia role.

I've stated the possible team arrangements for this game. I guess it all depends on how far someone wants to push their bandwagon.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 11, 2013, 04:31:01 PM »
I voted stogi in hoping he'd answer for himself.  You do reallize these people could look at the forum without being logged-on, right?

I'm still not firm on that.  I need to do more homework.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPixâ„¢
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 11, 2013, 04:47:13 PM »
Wait a minute, I just thought of something.

If the Townies are in the majority then we have more people to lose, right? So why don't we all agree to randomly select someone and then everybody has to vote for that person. That way the townies, because they have more people to spare, have a higher percentage chance of winning. Also, anyone who refuses to vote for the randomly selected person would reveal themselves to be in the Mafia, because why else would they refuse if the odds were ultimately in their favour?

I'll even nominate myself to go first.

*Downs another Whiskey
Gouge away.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 11, 2013, 05:01:28 PM »
I have seen enough, I firmly believe khush is in the mafia (or playing a very risky mindgame). I withdrew my vote yesterday as a means to prevent myself from being targeted by a mafia started bandwagon for a poor voting record like last time but right now I am certain khush is part of the Mafia. No doubt he sees me as an easy target to get rid of via vote due to my being a newer player so he can save his kills for more experienced players who could pose a threat to him. TBH if I were mafia it would be a strategy I would consider.

vote khush

Thank you for that reply. I'll admit, it was the mindgame part. Not really a mindgame but more just me poking and you and trying to engage you. You were one of a few people I just hadn't made a ruling on yet as to whether you were innocent or guilty which sort of put you in the guilty camp by default. However, nothing in your response gives me a sense of mafia deflection or bluff.

So, with that, I turn to my real target of the day and VOTE STEVEY.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #30 on: December 11, 2013, 05:06:11 PM »
Wow, I go to bed and I am defending Khush because we shouldn't jump to assumptions.

Now, I wake up and I have to defend myself?

OK, full disclosure when I play Mafia I talk to Khush a lot via PM.  The reason is he was my first mafia friend, and showed me how to play.  I usually trust him because of that.  That is really the only reason I am defending him. 

Now, what I suggest is if people are really worried about Khush being mafia or me being mafia is investigate us.  Santa, don't give hush in investigation power IF he becomes the boozer.  Personally, I think we should let 2 new people be both roles. 

Investigate us, and see that we are who we say we are…then we can move to a townie alliance.

Anyway, I won't be on as much today.  I have 3 classes to teach.  I will not be pursing the boozer role.  Hopefully, I will jump in here before the bell and vote. 

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 11, 2013, 06:29:10 PM »
I voted stogi in hoping he'd answer for himself.  You do reallize these people could look at the forum without being logged-on, right?

Sure one can do that. The game I sent my hits in early, I created a fake account (don't tell the mods) to check in on the forums and communicate with my team without showing up under my normal identity. However, I sent in the hits under my Khushrenada name as that is what I signed up as and I would have to assume the host would only accept hits from that identity. Moreover, I know from Santa that roles weren't given out until the morning the game started.

That implies Stogi knew he was going to get a mafia role ahead of time before the game or that others in the mafia group contacted him outside of the forum to tell him he was mafia and to not log in so that he could stay hidden for whatever reason. I just don't buy that any mafia would be ready, prepared of find that a feasible strategy.

Voting stevey on the other hand is a viable strategy as he always lays low and gives you nothing to work on. Plus, he is the tyoe of player too put a hit on Mop it up especially after she voted him out on the last day of our last game and let the mafia win it. You know, vendetta.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2013, 06:45:53 PM »

Sure one can do that. The game I sent my hits in early, I created a fake account (don't tell the mods) to check in on the forums and communicate with my team without showing up under my normal identity. However, I sent in the hits under my Khushrenada name as that is what I signed up as and I would have to assume the host would only accept hits from that identity. Moreover, I know from Santa that roles weren't given out until the morning the game started.

That implies Stogi knew he was going to get a mafia role ahead of time before the game or that others in the mafia group contacted him outside of the forum to tell him he was mafia and to not log in so that he could stay hidden for whatever reason. I just don't buy that any mafia would be ready, prepared of find that a feasible strategy.

Voting stevey on the other hand is a viable strategy as he always lays low and gives you nothing to work on. Plus, he is the tyoe of player too put a hit on Mop it up especially after she voted him out on the last day of our last game and let the mafia win it. You know, vendetta.

This might be a bit of a stretch, but don't people get an email each time a personal message is sent?  I think it would actually be fairly clever to stay offline for a few days prior to make it appear you're inactive, wait to see via email notification if you've received a mafia role, and continuing to appear offline and monitor the thread to see if people target you before you take any activity to defend yourself.

Just thinking out loud, here.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2013, 07:22:31 PM »
Let's see where this leads me vote stevey

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2013, 07:39:42 PM »
Let's see where this leads me vote stevey

To victory!

Current Voting tally:

Stevey - 2 (yay)
Khushrenada - 2 (boo)
Pokepal148 - 1
Spak-Spang - 1
Stogi - 1
Toruresu - 1

It's a real humdinger of a battle today!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 08:00:01 PM by Khushrenada »

Offline lolmonade

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2013, 08:43:15 PM »
The day is running dry, and I won't be able to check here later.  I've decided I don't want Khush out yet, and voting Stogi hasn't compelled him to come out of the woodworks.

Vote Stevey.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2013, 09:10:18 PM »
So, something I was talking to Santa about. If Santa's little helper was willing to come forward and tell me who he is, then we get set up a solid strategy. As long as I get the boozer role, I am protected from the mafia. Therefore, Santa can gift me the doctor kit and I can protect him. We thus shield each other. By knowing Santa's helper, we can gift him an investigation since he is the only townie we can 100% trust. I would have an investigation from boozer role. That should make us a very powerful force to combat the mafia.

And if stevey is mafia, he's going to love the fact that there can be double doctor protection to thwart him like in the past.

Offline Glad0s

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2013, 09:24:02 PM »
Geez, this is one hell of a fight today. I have no idea who to vote for.

Someone convince me.
"Isn't Karl like Mexican or something"

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2013, 09:34:02 PM »
Save me because I make things interesting?

Offline Toruresu

• Lusts round Birdos
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2013, 10:26:26 PM »
Ok, after reading everything, I'm still confused somewhat lol

I'm playing my type of game that I created last game and it's fun.

But really, can we trust you Khush? Can we? You've burned us so many times, because you are indeed mafia god :(
Currently Playing:
Currently Reading:

Offline Glad0s

• View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2013, 10:52:28 PM »
Um...aw dammit I can't decide. I wanted to vote Khush just because he's a smarmy bastard, but he had a good argument to prove that he wasn't in the mafia. And Stevey, well, I can't see any definite reason to suspect him either. Ugh. I might just have to hold out for today.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2013, 10:56:38 PM by Glad0s »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2013, 11:01:38 PM »
If you believe I'm not mafia, then I ask you please lend me your vote. I know you don't care for me for whatever reason but our objective is the same and we can still work together.

Offline Glad0s

• View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2013, 11:05:58 PM »
Fine. You seem to know your stuff, anyhow. Vote Stevey.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 11, 2013, 11:25:03 PM »
It's nice to see this level of participation again.

On a side note, working the dinner shift when you get slammed by Macklemore fans sucks, especially when you're sick.

Vote Stevey
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #44 on: December 11, 2013, 11:27:09 PM »
Finally, got back on.  And it is Stevey vs.  Khush? 

I hate to say this, but I don't really want to vote for either of them.  Talking to Khush, Stevey is definitely Mafia.  But, talk to Stevey and he will say the same. 

What if they are both NOT mafia.  It is possible.  Also, I am nervous Khush could be mafia and building support for himself.  It is unlikely.  Because Khush has been making good sense and strategy. 

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #45 on: December 11, 2013, 11:27:49 PM »
What the heck.

Vote Stevey

Offline Glad0s

• View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2013, 11:37:18 PM »
Yeah but if Khush was Mafia he would have taken advantage of his Investigator status and taken Santa out already. Unless he's lying?...but who knows, honestly.

To quote the great Tommy Wiseau, "You're tearing meh apahrt, Khush!"

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2013, 11:46:11 PM »
I did not hit her! Oh hi Glad0s.

Offline Glad0s

• View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #48 on: December 11, 2013, 11:51:20 PM »
Oh by the way, how's your sex life?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile