Author Topic: Safe Words 13: The Donkey Kong Country Celebration. Game Over!  (Read 30421 times)

Online Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Personally, I'd choose Hoofer the Wilderbeast but then.....

...I follow the beat of a different drum! Ha ha ha!

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
I don't know why exactly I'm using this metric, but I'm going to go with Winky the Frog, because he (she?) sounds the most like a Sonic the Hedgehog character.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile

Now you know who Winky the Frog is.

Winky the Frog is also the bomb word this round.

Looks like Insanolord is now 0-13 in Safe Words games. But as a consolation prize, here's an explosion gif combining DK and Soccer just for you on your exit.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Should have picked Expresso if you ask me.

Insanolord is the first non-Kong to fall this game. It means Donkario Kong will select the bomb word again. This time he'll be choosing from the following options:

King K. Rool
Wizpig
Tiki Tong
Lord Fredrik
Mario

Which DK villain is the deadliest of all? We'll soon find out in the next round.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
It can sometimes be a pain to always be right.

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Still can't get over that someone forced their cat to play the bongos by turning it into a marionettcat (mariocat sounds too 3D World).

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
It's wondrous. Sometimes you've just got to make a cat pull its weight and earn its keep. I like to think the cat is imagining itself on a Roman slave galley and he is beating the drums ordering the humans on board to row faster for his benefit.

The bomb word has been chosen so we are now off to Gorilla Glacier!

The first player to select this round is Mr. ShyGuy. Which villain will he choose to battle for a safe word?

King K. Rool
Wizpig
Tiki Tong
Lord Fredrik
Mario
« Last Edit: July 18, 2017, 12:23:22 PM by Donkenada Kong »

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
Let's go with the original Kong killer, Mario Mario.

That animal is a menace to society. He needs to be put down.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
The great villain of the Kong Kollective this game, ShyGuy, is safe! No insta-kill for Donkario Kong this round.

This means Dock-Nick Kong must now face some Kong evil. The remaining options are:

King K. Rool
Wizpig
Tiki Tong
Lord Fredrik

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Tiki Tong.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
So long, Tiki Tong! Donk-Nick Kong is safe!

This brings us back to Donkosaurus Kong. With a limited selection left can Donkosaurus correctly choose one of the remaining safe villains? The remaining baddies are:

King K. Rool
Wizpig
Lord Fredrik

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
King K Rool is too obvious surely, and Lord Fredrik a stone-cold killer...
Let's hope Wizpig doesn't beat me to the finish line!

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Donkosaurus Kong passes Wizpig and moves on to the next round. Incredible!

Well, on the subject of photo-finishes, we have come to the end of Round 4. The only person left to select is oohhboy. If he gets this choice right, he's on to the next round. If he gets it wrong then it is Donkario Kong who just makes it. The only two villains left for oohhboy to choose from are:

King K. Rool
or
Lord Fredrik

What will it be?

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
A stupid inflatable crown fit for a king.

King K. Rool
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Well, it must be the endgame of Safe Words since I'm on the road traveling. I was hoping I might get a chance to save some images for this part so I could have the links for them ready to go but did not get it done. So, I'm going to put the game on hold and pause it for a bit and then conclude it when I get back home. So, all remaining players get a break as well. But be ready because Tuesday night / Wednesday morning this game is back on as the final four battle it out to survive to the end.

As for whether oohhboy or Lucario are moving on, well, they already know but if you want to spoil it for yourselves: oohhboy chose poorly and is out.

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
so close and lucky XD
Made you look ****.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
    • View Profile
FUCKING STUPID FUCKING INFLATABLE FUCKING CROWN. (9m42s)

I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
When we last Safe Words 13, oohhboy had selected King K. Rool as his choice.

Unfortunately, that turned out to be an incorrect choice.....

Yep, that choice definitely blew up in his face as the bomb word.

Looks like oohhboy took all of Crocodile Isle with him on his way out.

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
This means we are now at the final four! Donkosaurus Kong will be choosing the bomb word for this round. In order to get everyone excited about the endgame we are now in, I thought we should inject the game with some hawtness. The choices this round will be:

Pauline
Candy Kong
Banana Fairy Queen
Kalypso

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Let's take a moment though to run through our Final Four and talk about the stakes they are facing.

First up, Lucario aka Donkario Kong. This is the 5th time Lucario has made it to the Final Four. Lucario is an interesting player. If he isn't one of the first few players knocked out in the opening rounds then he will most likely be here at the final four with only his first game as a middle of the pack finish. This game is a bit of a redemption for him. Last game in Safe Words 12, Lucario was the first one out of the game. He is only the second player to have lost in the first round of a Safe Words game two times. (The other player is Insanolord who holds the record for losing in the first round of a game by doing just that in three games. 8) ) However, Lucario is also tied with Nuclearspeed for the most Safe Word wins at 2 each. If he wins this game, Lucario can break the tie with his third Safe Words win and become the winningest Safe Words player ever!

Every player in the Final Four this game is a previous winner. If any of them win the game then they will tie Lucario and Nuclearspeed at two wins each. Can Lucario hold them off and put further distance between him and all other Safe Word players in wins or will he soon be crowded by more competition for being the Top Banana of Safe Words? In both of his wins, he never had to face any of the remaining players on his road to victory. DonkNick Kong did place ahead of him in Safe Words 9 though but Lucario placed ahead of ShyGuy in Safe Words 7 even if they all ultimately lost those games.

As a final note, Lucario is the only player to have selected the bomb word twice. Once he got an insta-kill taking out Insanolord. The second time was a nail-biter finish where he almost got stuck with his own choice at the end. That close finish though allowed him to choose first in this upcoming round giving him the best odds to be safe. Will Lucario be able to take advantage of his good fortune again or will he find himself out of luck by not controlling the bomb word?
« Last Edit: July 27, 2017, 12:12:05 AM by Donkenada Kong »

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Then there is ShyGuy. The only non-Kong left in the game, can he overcome the odds and defeat the monkey mob that still remains in the game?

ShyGuy is currently the all-time point leader in total Safe Word games. With Stratos, who is the second all-time point list leader, having early exit this game, he is putting some distance between himself and Stratos to get a better stranglehold on that lead. This is his sixth appearance in the Final Four of a Safe Words game breaking a tie of five appearances which both he and Stratos have accomplished. Despite making it to the Final Four in almost half of all Safe Word games played, ShyGuy has only won the whole thing once in Safe Words 5! (Just as incredible is the fact that Stratos still has yet to win a game despite all his points and Final Four appearances.) Besides his win, he has placed 4th two times and 3rd two times. So, don't let him get to the Final Round if you want to win, I'm guessing?

Despite all these Final Four appearances, he's only made the Final Four once in the past 4 games which was Safe Words 11. Although he almost did it last game in Safe Words 12 but just missed out and placed 5th. Clearly, after a dip in performance, ShyGuy is back on some Safe Word steroids and doing his best to get that second win. Can he finally get the monkey off his back this game and do it? Or will the next couple rounds be his undoing once more? Interestingly, he hasn't faced the remaining player much in a Final Four situation. Lucario and him were in the Final Four in Safe Words 7 but ShyGuy placed 4th and Lucario placed 3rd beating him there. Likewise, ShyGuy and Nickmitch were in the Final Four in Safe Words 11 but ShyGuy placed 3rd in that game and Nickmitch was given 1st place though it is still murky if he won that game or not. Last game was Steefosaurus first game and ShyGuy placed 5th while Steefosaurus placed 1st if you want to look beyond the Final Four in a potential match-up between the two. Thus, despite not facing these players much in a Final Four situation, it appears that ShyGuy has not had much success in the past against these opponents. In fact, since his win in Safe Words 5, Lucario has since won twice and Nickmitch and Steefosaurus have won the latest two games of Safe Words 11 and 12 respectively. Can he avenge those losses and increase his Safe Words legacy or will he stay a one-hit wonder?

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
All I need is one shot. Or maybe a whole magazine.

POP POP

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
DonkNick Kong (or nickmitch depending on when you are reading the thread for this game) has now made the Final Four for the fourth time. The first time he did was in Safe Words 3 where he placed 3rd. It took him until Safe Words 9 until he reached the Final Four again and it was there that he had a crushing 2nd place finish. However, it would just take until Safe Words 11 for nickmitch to find himself back in the Final Four and the final round as well. This time, nickmitch would come out the winner although there was some controversy with the win. Khushrenada outwitted nickmitch into revealing the bomb word and thus choose the only Safe Word remaining causing the host of the game, Lucario, to award Khushrenada as the winner. In the end, Khushrenada's play was deemed too advanced for the game and he graciously let nickmitch take the 1st place slot. (I love controlling the narrative. 8) ).

Despite the win, nickmitch ended up with an early exit last game in Safe Words 12 by being the third player out at the 11th spot. Clearly, he has rebound from that loss to come back into the Final Four. In an interesting bit of serendipity, the three winners from the last three Safe Word games played have all made the Final Four in this game. Lucario won Safe Words 10, nickmitch won Safe Words 11 and Steefosaurus won Safe Words 12. (How does that make you feel, ShyGuy?) Despite going through a stretch of not accomplishing much in those early games he played, nickmitch definitely appears to be a player on the path to better success based on the last five games including this one.

He once claimed that Safe Words isn't an actual Forum game unless he's won it. Although he did that with Safe Words 11, I'm sure he'd like to accomplish a win without any controversy. Perhaps by doing so, it will finally legitimize Safe Words on these forums as a legal and binding forum game recognized by the NWR Staff and Director Neal as a driving force in making this site popular thus.... giving Khushrenada some of that sweet Patreon free money to keep this game going!!! Holy smokes! Nickmitch must win! I'll rig this game if I have too! Uh-oh. Perhaps a nickmitch win will be controversial now..... Or maybe a win by nickmitch will just mean someone else will host a Safe Words game in the future. It's hard to say.

In his Final Four appearances, nickmitch placed 2nd over Lucario who placed 3rd in Safe Words 9 and he placed 1st over ShyGuy who placed 3rd in Safe Words 11. Can nickmitch dominate over these opponents once more or might they all be facing an even greater opponent than they realize?

Online Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
And finally, we come to Donkosaurus Kong aka Steefosaurus. This is only the second Safe Words game for Steefosaurus. His first game was the last one played, Safe Words 12. Steefosaurus not only made the Final Four that game, he won the whole shebang becoming the first player to win their first game of Safe Words since Ceric did it in the very first Safe Words game played.

Now, he's got a chance to be the first player to win back-to-back Safe Word games and by doing so, he could remain undefeated in Safe Words. The closest a player has come to in winning back-to-back games is Lucario. He won Safe Words 6 and just fell short of the Final Round by placing 3rd in Safe Words 7. Mop it up sort of tied this feat as well. She won Safe Words 8 but hosted Safe Words 9. In Safe Words 10, she made it to 3rd place. Had she won then she'd have won the last two games she played but they wouldn't be back-to-back based on the numerical numbering of the games. The only other player to win a Safe Words game and then make the Final Four in the next game played is TOPHATANT123 who won Safe Words 9 but placed 4th in Safe Words 10.

Thus, Steefosaurus has a chance to make history by not only winning the first two games of Safe Words played by him but by being the first back-to-back winner. To do that, a player has to be able to progress through a lot of rounds. From Safe Words 6 - 7, Lucario went 18 rounds before falling in the 19th straight round he had played. Likewise, in Safe Words 8 and 10, Mop it up survived 18 rounds before losing in the 19th round of the 2 games combined. And can you guess how many rounds TOPHATANT123 went through from Safe Words 9 & 10 before falling at 4th place in Safe Words 10? That's right! He survived 18 rounds until he fell to a bomb word in his 19th straight round to end up in 4th place on his quest of back-to-back wins.

That said, the longest streak belongs to Triforce Hermit. He went undefeated through 14 rounds in Safe Words 2 and won the game and then went survived through the first five rounds of Safe Words 3 before falling in Round 6 thus making it through 19 rounds and falling in the 20th. Now, sure, maybe he was helped a bit by Phil's excellent eliminations in Safe Words 2 but it still allowed him to advance and still counts.

Right now, Steefosaurus has survived through all 12 rounds played in Safe Words 12 which he won. He has now survived through 4 rounds of Safe Words 13 putting him at 16 straight rounds of survival. If he can survive through the next 3 rounds and win the game then he will tie Triforce Hermit for the longest straight survival streak in Safe Words with a chance to claim the top spot in his next game played. To do so, he'll have to break the dreaded 19th round curse faced by the last 3 players who came close to winning back-to-back games. As everyone knows, it is a lot harder to survive in these last 3 rounds. Stratos, Insanolord, Unclebob and even ShyGuy are proof of that. Yet, Steefosaurus starts the Final Four in control of the bomb word giving himself a bit of an advantage to survive. Could he pull off a string of successful Bomb Word choices and pull off another stunning win or will a path to victory require some smart safe word choosing? Will Steefosaurus become the Safe Words wunderkind or will he crack under the pressure of Safe Words history?

We shall soon find out once he has selected our next bomb word to start Round 5!

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
The bios for each player really add to the drama.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.