Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Fighting Games: JOIN THA WULFPACK

<< < (88/161) > >>

Ymeegod:
The gem packs is listed under free so the only gems most gamers won't have are the ones that you got for pre-ordering.

Man, I thought KoF XIII would be easier game for me since it only uses FOUR attack buttons--WRONG.  The game is downright brutal, the trial mode for example starts off with multiple combo sets right from the begining and I couldn't even finish the damn tutoring mode --the neo mode/cancel into ultra drove me nuts. 

There's going be an local tournament saturday in my area (Dustbowl III Syracuse, NY) with ten-dollar ladders for 5 games (SF4A, UMvC3, SFxT, SC5, and KoFXIII) so I might go check that out, don't expect to win anything but at least I'll pick up tips.

Ymeegod:
Damn, really want to like KoF XIII but the game is just BROKEN.  Playing on PS3 with latest updates and there's issues all over the place.  For starters I have it set to very hard yet I'm smacking the AI like they are nothing and I suck.

So I try the online mode next, takes about 1/2 hour or so with me making a room and waiting for somebody to connect, nothing happens so I exit and try joining another room just to get "don't meet requirements yet it doesn't state what the requirements are?  Another 1/2hr wasted and still no match finally I get accepted just to face off with a guy with 500+ wins under his belt--didn't even take down one of his people :( .

Poor AI, netcode, and story?  Going toss this on ebay or trade it in.

Spak-Spang:
Ymeegod:  Your last two posts on contradicting yourself.  The game was too hard and you didn't like it.  Now it is too easy...but you say you didn't get better, or that you suck.

Did the update change the game to make it easier?  If the fighting engine and combos are fun, keep the game, the netcode may get better...patches may make the game more difficult...or you can just have friends come over and play.

Ymeegod:
Not really, goes by the modes,

In the trials mode (where you learn combos) the game starts you off at a very advance level IMO.  You don't learn simple 3 or four hit combos but you have to learn entire sets or strings.  It's a great tool to improving your game but I kinda missed the easy ones as well.  The trials in SF4 for example gives you both--easy ones to start off with and then it slowly advances.

All of it is kinda pointless since if you're like me and prefer offline solo play the AI is so damn stupid it won't block 80% of attacks that a blind person can see coming. 

The "core" fighting style is there but the game is excuted poorly and I don't see the developer is to much of an rush to fix these issues.  So the only enjoyment I can get or recommend is playing with friends and you can even do it over the net since the netcode is a nightmare.

broodwars:
Well, every once in a while I feel in the mood for a fighting game, so after skipping purchasing last year's Marvel Vs. Capcom 3 (I just borrowed my best friend's copy instead) I picked up the "Ultimate" version today on a whim while it was on sale at GS.  I've put a fair amount of time into it so far, and it does seem a bit more fleshed-out than the original version.  To get back in the groove, the first thing I did (after checking out Phoenix's moveset in the Training mode) is jump right back into the Hell that is Mission mode.  I have to admit, considering my lack of fighting game skills, I'm pretty proud with myself for being able to complete 50% of the challenges for the 48 main fighters in only a couple of hours of work.  I guess all that practice from those hours I spent doing this nonsense in the original game came back to me pretty quickly.  That's as far as I'm going to bother to go in that mode, though.  This game's Platinum is just insanely hard, so I'm not going to even try with the other Challenges.

I still haven't checked out the Arcade or Heroes & Herald modes yet with the new characters, but I'll get to that soon enough.  I'm not exactly thrilled at the idea of going through Arcade mode all those times to unlock all that crap all over again, especially since this game's story mode really sucks compared to just about every other Fighting Game.  At least the game presented the supposed story in text form this time the first time I booted up the game.

Incidentally, it is really frickin' ridiculous that Jill & Shuma-Gorathe aren't unlocked on the disc from the start in Ultimate MvC3, considering they were DLC characters in the original game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version