Author Topic: Special Live Performance of Mother Music to be Streamed  (Read 3176 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
Special Live Performance of Mother Music to be Streamed
« on: April 06, 2011, 05:32:19 PM »

Earthbound fans will get to enjoy a live performance of Eight Melodies from the comfort of their homes.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/25976

A live performance of Mother's theme, "Eight Melodies", will be streamed live from Japan to fans all over the world.

Shigesato Itoi, creator of the Mother/Earthbound series, will be streaming a special live performance of Eight Melodies by musician Masakatsu Takagi, which will include a special appearance by Keiichi Suzuki, one of the men behind the music in the Mother/Earthbound games.

The stream will happen on Itoi's website on Thursday, April 7 at 8:00pm, Japan Standard Time (7am Eastern, 4am Pacific).

Takagi's career as a musician started when he tried to play Mother music on the piano. Takagi will be playing his own rendition of Eight Melodies, as well as several other Mother-inspired music pieces.

Eight Melodies holds an important significance in the storyline behind Mother, and players collect items that create the song when put together.

Pedro Hernandez
NWR Staff Writer

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
Re: Special Live Performance of Mother Music to be Streamed
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2011, 12:12:42 AM »
Anybody going to be awake for this?
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2011, 12:19:24 AM »
Nintendo loves to torture Nintendo fans.....

Mother 4 coming to 3DS @ E3?

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2011, 02:14:59 AM »
4 hours 45 minutes left!
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2011, 02:19:01 AM »
Nice! The night I chose not to go to sleep to play Final Fantasy VI, and a Mother Concert comes on at 4 in the morning! :P

Offline pyrokamileon

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 02:25:57 AM »
so how can I see this after its streamed live??
At some point, I'd think Nintendo fans would get sick of the anticipation and just say "screw it," but Nintendophiles are odd, odd creatures indeed.<BR>—Chris Carle, IGN

Offline MegaByte

• NWR Staff... Can't win trivia
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 31337
    • View Profile
    • Konfiskated Teknologies Network
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 02:39:59 AM »
Ustream keeps recordings of the live streams http://www.ustream.tv/channel/hobonichi-live
Not sure whether Nico Nico Douga keeps them, but they're also streaming http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv45522971
Aaron Kaluszka
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report