Author Topic: Episode 37: March Toward 3DS  (Read 9763 times)

Offline readyletsgo

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 37: March Toward 3DS. Volume levels!
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2011, 06:56:33 PM »
Hey guys, I loved the review you gave here on this episode! Brilliant stuff! But.... just with the levels on all 3 of your voices, I guess its the Mic's or something, I don't really know your names just yet but one guy is EXTREMELY LOUD from the get go and the other two guys volumes are so low that i can not hear them. Now i know this may sound really rude as i am new here and first post an all but maybe do a mic check on all 3 mics before starting the recording? Sorry! But its really hard to listen to when everyone is at different volume levels. SORRY!!!! :-)

But once again, brilliant show guys, very well put together and very funny! Roll on March 25th!

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 37: March Toward 3DS
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2011, 08:44:53 PM »
I'll take the fault on that.  I raised up Zach's volume toward the end of the episode, because I was thinking that he was sounding low.

I think I'm ready to accept that audio editing is not one of my strong suits. :)   Nathan will be editing the content of the show most weeks from here forward, and I'll be doing the post production and publishing.   Thanks for being patient with us as we deal with occasional hiccups.

And thanks for your guys' comments week after week.  It means a lot to us that we have such awesome listeners.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2011, 10:36:28 PM »
Neal, you cock! You said I could have that doll! Give away another piece of your swag! Here come some more pictures...

« Last Edit: January 23, 2011, 10:48:35 PM by Halbred »
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2011, 10:50:21 PM »

And just so you all know, I actually have a second onsie. It has frogs on it. I just don't have any pictures of it right now. This should be enough to make a pretty good contest.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2011, 11:30:49 PM »
Zach, Neal clearly said that you weren't getting the doll, but looking at these pictures I think you could make a case that you won the contest.
Bless you, my child.
Please turn the power OFF.

And Jonny, you don't ride the giant Cheep-Cheep

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2011, 01:01:56 AM »
Zach, Neal clearly said that you weren't getting the doll, but looking at these pictures I think you could make a case that you won the contest.

Literally loling over this.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 24, 2011, 02:02:46 AM »
What horror has fallen upon my eyes?

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 24, 2011, 09:55:20 PM »
I'd say listen to the episode, but for anyone who's curious, we're having a contest to give away a FlingSmash plush. Submit a Zach Miller photoshop from one of these pictures and we'll pick the best one. Send it newscast@nintendoworldreport.com

Aww, just one?

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 11:24:42 PM »
Make them really good and maybe there are more prizes.

Maybe.
Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 11:35:38 PM »
No, I meant just one Photoshop.  Seems a pity, considering the gold mine of material...

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2011, 05:51:21 AM »
No, I meant just one Photoshop.  Seems a pity, considering the gold mine of material...

Personally I would love to see a Zach-themed Advent calendar.
Bless you, my child.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2011, 10:00:27 AM »
I have zero faith in Nintendo when it comes to not making us do stupid **** with a portable game system. It's the reason I stopped playing Spirit Tracks, stupid blowing item.

Offline greybrick

• Up the Irons!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2011, 11:47:27 AM »
I have zero faith in Nintendo when it comes to not making us do stupid **** with a portable game system. It's the reason I stopped playing Spirit Tracks, stupid blowing item.

Same here. I played that game on the train, and I just couldn't bring myself to play those sections in front of everyone.
Bless you, my child.

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2011, 09:46:14 AM »
I pretty much never play portables in public, and yet even in the privacy of my own home, yelling to get that girl's attention in Feel the Magic didn't seem like a wise idea when you live in a thin-walled appartment building.

Oh, and I finally got around to listening to the episode. I really wish I has Photoshop skills. Where do people pick those up, anyway? The skills, I mean. I know where they get Photoshop...
« Last Edit: January 26, 2011, 11:30:04 AM by Pandareus »

Offline noname2200

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 26, 2011, 11:54:41 AM »

Oh, and I finally got around to listening to the episode. I really wish I has Photoshop skills. Where do people pick those up, anyway? The skills, I mean. I know where they get Photoshop...

K-Mart.  Look for the Blue Light Special.  But then again, remember that you get what you pay for...  :-\

Offline pyrokamileon

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 01, 2011, 05:36:33 PM »
I borrowed Other M from my brother and only got to play through it one time before he wanted it back (didn't get to play the epilogue-y part though) and I loved it so much!! when you guys said it was selling for $20 I looked it up right away. true did find it for just under $30 which is wayyy better than $50 it still wasn't at as low as $20.. either way it's a great discount and I will definitely be picking it up at some point.
I was surprised that everyone is so down on the 3DS (I can hardly wait) but I do realize that you're saying you're down on the games not the system and the games make the system.. I was just surprised I guess..
by the way, I listened through and got to the end, but I feel lazy and don't wanna photo edit any pics can I get something for making it to the end? pretty please?
At some point, I'd think Nintendo fans would get sick of the anticipation and just say "screw it," but Nintendophiles are odd, odd creatures indeed.<BR>—Chris Carle, IGN