Author Topic: Toki Tori 2+ Revealed For Switch: Launching February 23  (Read 1739 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Toki Tori 2+ Revealed For Switch: Launching February 23
« on: February 15, 2018, 01:25:23 AM »

A nice surprise from Europe

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/46457/toki-tori-2-revealed-for-switch-launching-february-23

This week's Nintendo download PR has revealed a new version of a beloved Wii U indie game coming to Switch.

A listing for Toki Tori 2+ Switch edition was found in this week's European store update release, with a release date of 23 February. Although the regular price of the game will be €14.99 (or equivalent), the preorder will be available starting at 1500 CET tomorrow for €9.99.

The puzzle sequel was published by Two Tribes on Wii U in 2013, and the firm's follow-up title Rive released on Switch in November.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline InvaderREN

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Toki Tori 2+ Revealed For Switch: Launching February 23
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2018, 02:30:32 PM »
This game is AMAZING.  It's a friggin masterpiece.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2018, 07:02:15 PM »
I understand why some might not like the game - it can seem opaque at times. You almost never experience hand-holding, but are expected to observe and learn from your surroundings if you want to progress. Think the best little parts of Super Metroid, but in a puzzle game instead.

But yes, I agree that it's AMAZING. Before this game, I didn't think that "open world puzzle game" could be a genre.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2018, 08:23:19 PM »
I've been itching to go back to this game. Thankfully I can play it on Switch. This is perfect for late night sessions before going to sleep.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 17, 2018, 05:59:41 PM »
You think this will include the level editor that was cut from the Wii U version? Also, what does this mean for Two Tribes, as I thought they were closing down after Rive?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2018, 11:29:06 PM »
I understand why some might not like the game - it can seem opaque at times. You almost never experience hand-holding, but are expected to observe and learn from your surroundings if you want to progress. Think the best little parts of Super Metroid, but in a puzzle game instead.

But yes, I agree that it's AMAZING. Before this game, I didn't think that "open world puzzle game" could be a genre.

Opaque seems like an understatement at times. Just how you move around the maps is confusing at times, let alone knowing where to go.