Author Topic: Game Journalism  (Read 131351 times)

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
Re: The 3rd Party Wall of Shame
« Reply #225 on: February 08, 2010, 02:51:59 PM »
Fox News-ing?  OH NO YOU DIDN'T

~ Capcom ~

good port, rail shooter, bad port, old port, old port, rail shooter, old port, stuff stuff stuff... oh my gosh, is Capcom lazier than NAMCO?

good port = RE4
rail shooter = Umbrella Chronicles
bad port = Dead Rising
old port = REMake
old port = RE0
rail shooter = Darkside Chronicles
old port = Zack & Wiki
stuff stuff stuff = and the rest

WHO'S HOUSE?  RUN'S HOUSE
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: February 08, 2010, 03:10:54 PM »
I think it went like this
--->
------| |
------|\/
<---

since he was obviously referring to Okami

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: February 08, 2010, 03:14:33 PM »
This thread is epic.

Thank you, Pro.

I can't wait to see the Nintendo Wall of Glory.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #228 on: February 08, 2010, 03:21:39 PM »
MAH HOUSE IS OF TEH SHAME

Spare me your O'Reilly Factoring, gaming press stooge.  You didn't alert the Universal Wall Building Committee over the minor Grand Slam Tennis correction several Wall Sections of Shame ago, and your late-breaking twittering isn't swaying opinions now.

JUSTICE

^ This man gets it.

Imagine, entering big-time every-town-everywhere retailer...  In the same month, Wacky World of Sports and Animal Planet Pet Vet Life get shelf space, while Muramasa: The Demon Blade does not.  THIS is the CORRUPTION taking place.  THIS is the BIZARRO WORLD we live in.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #229 on: February 08, 2010, 03:22:46 PM »
Closing Comments:

~~~~~

[3rd Party]  "Iwata was able to change more than the course of a war.  He changed the entire course of gaming history.  Is it wrong to hold on to that kind of hope?"
[R]  "I have not come for what you hoped to do.  I've come for what you did."  :reggie:

~~~~~

[R]  "A wall is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it.  Symbols are given power by people.  A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, tearing down a wall can change the world."  :reggie:

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: February 08, 2010, 03:23:52 PM »
You didn't alert the Universal Wall Building Committee over the minor Grand Slam Tennis correction several Wall Sections of Shame ago
You're blaming me for your lack of fact-checking?  Which one of us is Fox News again?
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #231 on: February 08, 2010, 03:38:48 PM »
You didn't alert the Universal Wall Building Committee over the minor Grand Slam Tennis correction several Wall Sections of Shame ago
You're blaming me for your lack of fact-checking?  Which one of us is Fox News again?

You're attacking me for doing extra work, for improving accuracy beyond the boundaries of necessity already stated in my opening-post disclaimer, going above and beyond the call of JUSTICE?!

EXTREMIST!

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: February 08, 2010, 03:41:36 PM »
Patching up shoddy workmanship isn't the same as improving accuracy beyond the boundaries of necessity.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #233 on: February 08, 2010, 03:44:27 PM »
Patching up shoddy workmanship isn't the same as improving accuracy beyond the boundaries of necessity.

Who built the Wall while your timid heart just stood by?

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #234 on: February 08, 2010, 03:46:02 PM »
Due to a mess of torn feathery pillows caused by an Insurgent to Decency, I shall reiterate:

~~~~~

[3rd Party]  "Iwata was able to change more than the course of a war.  He changed the entire course of gaming history.  Is it wrong to hold on to that kind of hope?"
[R]  "I have not come for what you hoped to do.  I've come for what you did."  :reggie:

~~~~~

[R]  "A wall is a symbol, as is the act of destroying it.  Symbols are given power by people.  A symbol, in and of itself is powerless, but with enough people behind it, tearing down a wall can change the world."  :reggie:

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: February 08, 2010, 03:46:35 PM »
I was busy playing video games instead of complaining about them.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #236 on: February 08, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
I was busy playing video games instead of complaining about them.

Like you are now?

Can't find the time to play games and complain later?  What brings you to a NITNENDO FORUM?

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: February 08, 2010, 04:02:25 PM »
I'm a glass-is-half-full kind of guy.  But please--don't let that stop the rest of you from complaining.

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #238 on: February 08, 2010, 04:12:27 PM »
Maybe your glass is twice as tall as it needs to be.  If you're satisfied filling the remainder with 3rd Party Shame, there's nothing to discuss.

otherwise, ON THE WALL YOU GO, HUMPTY DUMPTY

Offline vudu

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2010, 04:15:51 PM »
It's more than likely my glass is smaller than most which is why I'm satisfied with the pittance of good games we receive.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: February 08, 2010, 04:28:27 PM »
I used to be a glass half full type of person. But then I got curious about how it would be if the other half of the glass wasn't so empty. So I turned the glass upside down.
Now both halves are empty  :'(

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #241 on: February 08, 2010, 04:52:10 PM »
I used to be a glass half full type of person. But then I got curious about how it would be if the other half of the glass wasn't so empty. So I turned the glass upside down.
Now both halves are empty  :'(

I understand.  I, too, bought The Umbrella Chronicles.

Offline Deguello

• Cards makes me ill.
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: February 08, 2010, 05:08:13 PM »
Hey we receive a lot of great games!  Just none of them are from any of these third parties.

I'd be more inclined to try some of them out if I weren't already disillusioned by their rampant "Petz Party: The TV Show" games.
It's time you saw the future while you still have human eyes.

... and those eyes see a 3DS system code : 2750-1598-3807

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: February 08, 2010, 05:25:28 PM »
(Though i will admit surprise that I've become part and parcel to the hardcore gamer stereotype of buying so many games that I can't find the time to play them all.)
I know what you mean, Kairon. I have a number of games I have bought and not played, some are even still sealed!
I don't think this is a "hardcore" gamer trait. Instead, there are several factors for it. The most notable one is that we don't have as much free time as when we were younger. Though we may also be not as interested in gaming as well, and use our free time for other activities and hobbies too. I don't think it's really a bad thing to possess unplayed games, either. In fact, I find it comforting to know that I have new games to play for those rainy/snowy days when I have some time to invest in a game. Isn't that a good feeling?

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: February 08, 2010, 05:31:42 PM »
No because part of me says I shouldn't buy more games until I finish the ones I already have...I think that was something my parents impressed on me and it encouraged me to finish playing through them since that was a condition of getting new games. Plus I get this strange feeling of guilt like I'm wasting money I could be using to gain interest in the bank or even to help others. I sometimes feel like I'm selfish to hoard all of these games and not even play them.

Though mostly it makes me sad I don't have the time I used to to play them all. I miss childhood.  :P:
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: February 08, 2010, 05:39:06 PM »
I guess it depends on how many games we are talking about here. Are you stockpiling dozens of games or is it just a handful we're talking about? Do you always start the new games right when you get them and abandon what you were playing, leaving it unfinished? If you think the games you want may not be available at a later point, or may be difficult to find, then it makes sense to buy them when you can. I guess it is just a personal battle, and you'll have to figure out what is best for you. But my advice is that, as long as it isn't too out of hand, then I wouldn't fret over it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: February 08, 2010, 05:45:41 PM »
I have 7 games I haven't even played once. And 8 I've only played a few times. Even more are incomplete. You've seen my backloggery Mop it up so you probably have a better idea of how many incomplete games I own. I guess it's nice to have options for days when I'm itching for a specific type of game, but still, that's a lot.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: February 08, 2010, 05:57:01 PM »
I don't know, 15 seems like a healthy amount to me. There are people I've talked with on other forums who had over 100 unplayed games and still bought more on a regular basis; THAT is excessive and unnecessary. And I won't even get into the people on a collectors forum I used to visit, because those people are borderline insane. When you have a ROOM full of unplayed games, then we'll talk about therapy. When you have a stack on your coffee table and make a conscious effort to get through them, then, well, I still don't see what's wrong about that. There are very few people I know or have talked with who don't have at least a few unplayed games in reserve, so I guess it's just normal to me.

I haven't checked your Backloggery in a while, I should look at that more often.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: February 08, 2010, 06:04:19 PM »
I'm a little lazy in updating it but poking around on Maxi's other forum again has made me more conscious to it since on there I have the backloggery 'now-playing' sig visible.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: February 08, 2010, 06:16:05 PM »
I haven't checked mine since May. Looks like my own game buying habits have decreased, as I haven't bought all that many games from now to then. I guess that means I've been making progress on playing my games, which is good.

I would actually be sad if I possessed no games I hadn't yet played. I guess that's the difference between us.