Author Topic: Tamagotchi Party On! Announced for North America  (Read 1467 times)

Offline Bloodworth

• Phantom
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Tamagotchi Party On! Announced for North America
« on: January 16, 2007, 08:06:27 AM »
The badly drawn virtual pets are campaigning to be president of Tamagotchi Planet.

Vote Tamagotchi in ‘07    

NAMCO BANDAI ANNOUNCES TAMAGOTCHI(R) PARTY ON!(TM) FOR Wii

Become the Most Popular Tamagotchi on Tamagotchi Planet in the Quirkiest and Most Hilarious Game to Hit the Wii This Spring    

SANTA CLARA, Calif., (January 16, 2007) - Leading video games publisher and developer NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. announced today that Tamagotchi(R) Party On!(TM) for the Wii(TM) video game console from Nintendo will be coming to North America this Spring 2007. This 3D party game based on the Tamagotchi franchise promises tons of fun as up-to-four players can go head-to-head in the most comical and cute campaign race to become the most popular Tamagotchi on Tamagotchi Planet!    

“Tamagotchi Party On! is a seamless blend of both party game and board game as players swing, shake, and turn their Wii controllers in order to control their favorite Tamagotchi," said Naruo Uchida, NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc.’s Vice President of Localization. “It’s the wackiest and cutest popularity contest ever as up-to-four players compete in fun mini-games to become the president of Tamagotchi planet."    

Swing your Wii controllers and turn the whole planet into your playing board. Tamagotchi Party On! allows players to choose their favorite virtual pet and engage in a hilarious campaign to become the next president of Tamagotchi Planet. Earn your popularity by going up against three friends or solo in over 15 unique and totally addictive mini-games including shaking hands, finding lost children, and testing your public speaking skills! In order to succeed at each of these mini games, players will have to swing, shake, point, turn and twist their Wii controllers in order to increase their popularity.    

Gamers can also use Gotchi points that they earn along the way to level up their characters and customize their very own campaign headquarters. With over six different towns to win over and tons of popularity points to be earned in a number of fun and quirky mini-games, Tamagotchi Party On! brings out the fun in politics without all the mudslinging! Be happy! Be popular! Be president!

Daniel Bloodworth
Managing Editor
GameTrailers

Offline IceCold

• I love you Vanilla Ice!
    • View Profile
RE:Tamagotchi Party On! Announced for North America
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 09:07:50 AM »
30 games, eh?
"I used to sell furniture for a living. The trouble was, it was my own."
---------------------------------------------
"If your parents never had children, chances are you won't either."
----------------------------
"If it weren't for electricity we'd all be watching television by the candlelig

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
RE: Tamagotchi Party On! Announced for North America
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2007, 09:45:25 AM »
Eh, 30 games.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline couchmonkey

• I tye dyed my Wii and I love it
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 01:57:36 AM »
Looking at the screenshots, I could almost buy this game just for the trippy graphics.  Too bad it sounds so shallow.
That's my opinion, not yours.
Now Playing: The Adventures of Link, Super Street Fighter 4, Dragon Quest IX

Offline TheYoungerPlumber

• Thy Rod and Staff
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2007, 02:58:02 AM »
Isn't "board game" a subclass of "party game"?
::Michael "TYP" Cole
::Associate Editor
Nintendo World Report

"Only CHEATERS mess up!" -Waluigi