Author Topic: Holy ****, Osama Bin Laden is dead!  (Read 17893 times)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
Re: Holy ****, Osama Bin Laden is dead!
« Reply #75 on: May 03, 2011, 07:32:29 PM »
This is getting dangerously close to political discussion in here, people. Don't make me shut this thing down.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Online broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: May 03, 2011, 07:35:22 PM »
While I don't doubt that the Administration succeeded in killing Bin Laden, it bothers me how they keep changing their story regarding the operation.  Now the White House is saying that Bin Laden was not armed, but was "still resisting" and that he did not use one of his wives as a human shield.  Why did the White House lie about such minor things, as I don't think the American people really give a damn how he was inevitably killed so long as he did actually die?
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 03, 2011, 08:01:04 PM »
This is getting dangerously close to political discussion in here, people. Don't make me shut this thing down.

I've been avoiding this topic for just this reason.  I'm not sure too many would care for what I have to say on the subject...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: May 03, 2011, 08:08:57 PM »

I've been avoiding this topic for just this reason.  I'm not sure too many would care for what I have to say on the subject...

Don't forget your duty as a moderator. If you go against regulations and start talking politics I'll have your badge!
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: May 03, 2011, 08:13:24 PM »
Lock this thread up like the Republicans have locked up the 2012 Presidential election. Whooooo!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: May 03, 2011, 08:27:21 PM »

Lock this thread up like the Republicans have locked up the 2012 Presidential election. Whooooo!

« Last Edit: May 03, 2011, 08:36:57 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: May 03, 2011, 09:00:49 PM »
Ahaha that the greatest .gif I've ever seen!

Broodwars, what's being said around the major news networks (including Fox) is that these interrogation techniques stopped being used on 2004. It wasn't until 2008 that US intel learned the nick-name of the courier. So people are arguing that once you break a man with 'EI' he is more willing to talk regardless of if you don't use them again. Other's are arguing that they never worked, hence the gap in time.

Maryjane, go to the white house's flickr page. It has everyone listed in the image.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 03, 2011, 09:34:17 PM »
Thanks Unagi! I thought Denis McDonough was Arne Duncan, and I was wondering why the Secretary of Education got a seat in that room lol.

@Broodwars
Of course the story is changing. They're declassifying things, and the media is getting reports from different sources who are getting their information from different sources. As for the unarmed resisting, they're not just going to say, "Oh, well we couldn't even try KSM in NYC, so what were we going to do with bin Laden? We had to kill him in cold blood or put at risk every American life everywhere as he awaited trial." But I'm guessing that's what happened. If they had the presence of mind to shoot the unarmed wife in the leg, but kill another woman, they could have captured him, and he probably wanted them to, but it's probably better that they did not. Radical Muslims you to say Praise bin Laden, as often as they said Praise Allah, so I don't think transporting him anywhere would have been a good option. But I definitely like the strike team decision vs. the drone strike option, which as we now know, would have killed women and children.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2011, 05:11:37 AM »

YOU SAID THE P WORD! BAN HER!

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: May 04, 2011, 10:49:33 AM »
Wait, why can't we talk politics? If you're all the mature adults some of you are, then you should be able to handle it. If they can't handle it, why not tempban them?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 04, 2011, 10:58:03 AM »
Wait, why can't we talk politics? If you're all the mature adults some of you are, then you should be able to handle it. If they can't handle it, why not tempban them?

Don't even go there. We've been down this road many times before. so just don't go there & leave it be.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 04, 2011, 10:59:05 AM »
The 2012 election is a year and a half away. At that point no one is going to be talking about the death of Bin Laden still. We can't predict what will happen between now and then, but the media is going to be focusing on more current issues.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: May 04, 2011, 11:53:52 AM »
The 2012 election is a year and a half away. At that point no one is going to be talking about the death of Bin Laden still. We can't predict what will happen between now and then, but the media is going to be focusing on more current issues.
lol, Obama's Birth Cerificate says Hi.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: May 04, 2011, 05:28:21 PM »
****, am I the only mod who does his job around here?

I'll lock this up with an amusing anecdote:  I learned of Bin Laden's death while browsing Jam Graph during breakfast.  After seeing two nonsensical charts about him I deduced something went down recently and hopped onto Google News.  Guess I need to rearrange the order of my RSS Feed.   :Q
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!