Gaming Forums > General Gaming

What is your most recent gaming purchase?

(1/486) > >>

ejamer:
This weekend was a blitz of gaming purchases for me: four games over three days. The good news is that my gaming time should be set for a nice long time to come.

1. The Beatles Rock Band (Wii) -- "Like new" copy found on Kijiji for $10. This game has become harder to find recently - at least locally - so I was kicking myself for not grabbing a cheap copy. Very happy to indulge in this bit of Beatles fan service.

2. Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars (DS) -- Another used find complete and in good condition, also $10. Not really a steal since it's easy to find cheap copies of this game, but without any 3DS games this year that appeal to me it seemed like a good way to kill some time while I wait for...

3. Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS) -- Did I say no 3DS games? Well pre-ordering now at BestBuy.ca let me get a $5 discount on the initial list price of $39.99. After taxes and shipping, the game still costs less than $40. Sounds like a deal to me and ensures I'll have something to look forward to next year.

4. Radiant Historia (DS) -- I've been watching copies dwindle at the Futureshop.ca website for a while. Finally pulled the trigger when they dropped to 7 remaining in stock. Not sure if $30 is a good price for this game or not, but it seemed reasonable for a lengthy RPG experience that has received plenty of positive press.

So one of the games is actually a preorder that won't arrive for a few months and the used games are covered by stuff I've sold on Kijiji over the past couple of days anyway. Pretty excited to dig into some of these games in the near future.

What about you? Any exciting gaming pick-ups this weekend?

Ceric:
Super Mario 3D Land (Pre-Order fo Tanooki Suit Key Chains)

I bought Skylanders 3DS Last week and got Drill Sergent this week which was more trouble to find then I though it would be.  The aisles where picked all of the suddent this weekend.  They were pretty full last Weekend.

Skylanders PS3 as well and I may break down and try to find a way to sneak the game out of its package without looking like the package has been open to get the game out so I can play it.  I already loaded the two expansions and the expansion characters through there packaging so I could use them on my 3DS.

ejamer:

--- Quote from: Ceric on November 07, 2011, 03:05:27 PM ---... may break down and try to find a way to sneak the game out of its package without looking like the package has been open to get the game out so I can play it. ...

--- End quote ---

???  Is the game intended as a gift, either for yourself later or for someone else?
People really seem to be getting into the Skylanders thing. Outside of my budget for the moment, but cool to hear that people are really enjoying the game on various platforms.

Ceric:
Its a gift for my Birthday or Christmas but, I watched her Buy it and she Hid it terribly.

If you like Action Platformers the 3DS game is fun but, costly at the moment.

Ymeegod:
Battlefield 3 though it was mostly for someone else than me. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version