Community Forums > General Chat

et tu, Toys R Us? Retail getting hit pretty hard lately thread

<< < (2/17) > >>

Khushrenada:

--- Quote from: Invincible Donkey Kong on September 18, 2017, 05:58:49 PM ---Well that's Canada for ya. What else is there to do up there besides shop?

--- End quote ---

Watch hockey.

ShyGuy:
The death of retail irritates me. I hope the consequence is it destroys the Millennials. The Internet collapses in 2030 and then I sit back and laugh and laugh...

BranDonk Kong:
This really sucks, but maybe I'll be able to get some sweet deals when the local one closes. Toys R Us has, by far, the best action figure (Marvel Legends, Star Wars Black Series, etc.) selection around. My kids love going there too. It's where I got my SNES and GameBoy...makes me sad.

lolmonade:
Apparently Toys R' Us thinks what'll save them is garbage AR games in-store that parents will have to bring their kids with their phones or tablets to play with.

I look forward to Toys R' Us turning into budget Chuck E Cheese, and the eventual closure shortly afterwards...

nickmitch:
One thing about Toys R Us to remember is that Amazon and Tablets aren't killing it directly.  A few years back, TRU was bought out by a couple of venture capital firms that loaded it with debt.  At the time, TRU was doing great and had pretty high earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation/amortization.  That was originally supposed to to pay for the debt in a number of years, assuming it held.  Unfortunately, it didn't hold.  So, while TRU's earnings (EBITDA) were still respectable ($792M, $800M past two years), they weren't high enough to manage the debt the company was loaded with.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version