Author Topic: What new game do you hope to see Nintendo announce in the next year?  (Read 20274 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: What new game do you hope to see Nintendo announce in the next year?
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2014, 10:39:55 PM »
...  Metroid could be doable though thanks to IGA leaving Konami to make his own studio and the fact he's even stated he'd love to make one as well.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/03/20/former-castlevania-producer-would-love-to-work-on-metroid

This would be fantastic news.  Not going to hold my breath... but a 2D Metroid from Iga?  Sign me up.

As long as it doesn't involve Sakamoto, how bad could it be?

And they should actually call it Metroidvania.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2014, 11:15:57 PM »
A sequel to LEGO City Undercover for Wii U.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2014, 11:39:31 PM »
Ian read my mind with a new IP FPS from Retro.

Also, with the Gamepad and four Wiimotes, the next Four Swords game should be called Zelda: Five Swords. ;)

I'd like to see see an eShop game featuring Pikmin that is 2D... maybe kind of like Lemmings but with whatever clever twist Nintendo has up their sleeves.

But most of all, Metroid. If not a 3D Retro affair, then 2D will do (especially from the Symphony of the Night guy).
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2014, 01:37:07 AM »
Metroid reboot from Retro Studios, a new Star Fox game from Platinum Games, and a Super Mario RPG sequel developed by Monolith Soft.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2014, 08:13:36 AM »
Advance Wars With added weather effec-*gunshot*

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2014, 08:39:33 AM »
I'd also love to see:
* Fluidity return to it's console roots with an eShop release that is structured more like the original (large open levels)
* either an actual sequel or a game inspired by Endless Ocean
NNID: ejamer

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2014, 09:34:10 AM »
Zelda game with communism themes
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2014, 11:05:23 AM »
Zelda game with communism themes
Honestly how would that work?  There aren't ever enough people in Zelda to even really consider that a true government at all.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2014, 11:11:19 AM »
You want a Russian Legend of Zelda where Ganondorf leads the Bolsheviks to storm the gates of Hyrule because Zelda sucks as a leader of her people? Sounds complicated. Is Rasputin the main villain?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2014, 01:41:33 PM »
Metroid reboot from Retro Studios, a new Star Fox game from Platinum Games, and a Super Mario RPG sequel developed by Monolith Soft.

I just realized who I want to do a Wii U Super Mario RPG sequel.  Silicon Studio!  Bravely Default is like Final Fantasy before Square Enix went nuts so they would probably be the closest thing to 1996 Squaresoft as you could get.  Bravely Default also does a good job of balancing modern and old school design which is probably what you would want from Super Mario RPG 2.  It needs to feel like the original game in a way that other Mario RPGs like Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi did not while still feeling like a modern game and not just "New Super Mario RPG".  They could do it because they effectively already did it with the Final Fantasy series in all but name.

Someone brought up Mario Paintball.  To me that would come across like Nintendo making a kiddy FPS for wimps that can't handle a "real" FPS.  Anyone with the slightest negative bias towards Nintendo in regards to kiddy or casual games would just have those biases confirmed with the release of such a title.  Maybe if Nintendo had a more grown-up FPS series already then an alternative E-rated series would be a good idea but they don't.  Family friendly Nintendo was already okay with having Goldeneye and Perfect Dark so going with cutesy non-violent Mario FPS seems like a big step backwards.  I think if Nintendo announced such a game at E3 it would have Wii Music level backlash.  It isn't just "here's Mario Paintball".  It's "here's Mario Paintball... and that's the only FPS you get!"  Besides Nintendo could always make a 'T' rated FPS that's appropriate for kids will also appealing to teens and adults, like Goldeneye did.  Aside from die-hard Mario fans, no one over the age of 10 would want to play a paintball FPS.  They might think such an idea would be "all ages" but it would come across as being solely for children.

« Reply #35 on: March 24, 2014, 05:00:14 PM »
I changed my mind, I really am excited for Yarn Yoshi, if one thing I have learned over the years is the more you WANT Nintendo to do something the less likely they are to do it. You have to psych them out, pretend the game you really want is garbage and talk about how stupid it would be for them to make that game, then they will release it as expected just to spite you. Except if they know we are on to them it won't work so there goes that idea. damn you Nintendo.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #36 on: March 24, 2014, 06:55:41 PM »
Aside from die-hard Mario fans, no one over the age of 10 would want to play a paintball FPS.  They might think such an idea would be "all ages" but it would come across as being solely for children.
Please speak for yourself, Ian. I'm 32 years of age, and I would KILL for a Mario Paintball FPS. If properly developed with smooth controls, incredible gameplay, Halo-like features/options/settings, and oozing with Nintendo's charm...a Mario Paintball game would be absolutely brilliant.

Games don't have to be violent to be awesome - I would assume you would already be understanding of that...being a Nintendo fan and all (you DO browse this forum/site after all.) If Nintendo can create hype in the fight game genre with a series like Smash Bros., then they most definitely can do it with a Mario Paintball game in the FPS genre.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 24, 2014, 07:29:19 PM »
I would like Monolyth to make a new Baten Kaitos.  Damn I loved that game.

Offline the asylum

• Score: -28
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 24, 2014, 07:42:37 PM »
Oh please, Ian. A Mario Paintball would show that Nintendo is at least willing to try something new (that isn't a controller gimmick)

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 25, 2014, 08:44:27 AM »
A non-Mario first person shooter would as well. I likely wouldn't be able play it either way. If Nintendo were to step out of their comfort zone and make such a game, why not start with a blank slate? I'm not opposed to using certain characters when appropriate. For example, if Nintendo plans to make a Mario-like platformer, why not just use Mario? However, in a completely different type of game, it seems like a waste to continue dipping back into the established IP well.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2014, 09:14:02 AM »
Also, do we have capability to get a console-based RTS yet?  Or has the genre become so unpopular that just isn't going to happen?  Swords & Soldiers 2 is promising, as the first game was a blast... but that's almost more Tower Defense than real RTS.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 25, 2014, 12:26:24 PM »
Oh please, Ian. A Mario Paintball would show that Nintendo is at least willing to try something new (that isn't a controller gimmick)

I would think it means the exact opposite where Nintendo is so afraid to move beyond their established IP that they will shoe-horn in Mario into a genre where he doesn't fit.  You know he doesn't fit because you have to come up with paintball as a way to justify Mario having a gun.

I just see a non-lethal game were the objective is to SHOOT PEOPLE is lame, like "Mickey Mouse apologizing as he passes other racers in Mickey's Speedway" lame.  You can have a game with guns where people die without it being a bloodbath.  Paintball is like putting big foam gloves on the characters in Punch-Out or having the Legend of Zelda be about people larping is so all the bad guys are just people in costume pretending to be killed.  Paintball itself is a way to simulate a gun fight without hurting anyone.  A videogame of it is a simulation of a simulation.  Might as well make a game about Mario playing an FPS on a videogame system.

I've tried to think of ways to make a family friendly FPS without resorting to Mario Paintball.  The Star Wars Dark Forces games show that in a sci-fi setting with lasers it's easier to make a bloodless FPS look credible.  Another idea would be to put it in a fantasy setting where the main character is a wizard and instead of shooting guns he's using projectile spells.

Also, do we have capability to get a console-based RTS yet?  Or has the genre become so unpopular that just isn't going to happen?  Swords & Soldiers 2 is promising, as the first game was a blast... but that's almost more Tower Defense than real RTS.

A console RTS would have made a lot of sense on the Wii with the pointer controls.  Realistically it could be done with the Gamepad or just use Wii remotes on the Wii U.  Pikmin is kind of like one so Nintendo could use similar controls.  I think Nintendo could do something cool with the genre... unless it's Mario Capture-the-Flag.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2014, 06:21:17 PM »
And now back to your regularly scheduled discussions. I put my toys away when I'm done with them.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline ejamer

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 26, 2014, 09:46:21 PM »

So one day after posting the above, I notice a KickStarter project for a game called Hex Heroes:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/prismaticgames/hex-heroes

I'm not a KickStarter fan - especially for video games where the potential payoff is often a year or more away from the investment. But this game did seem right up my alley, being labeled a "party RTS". Cameos from the characters of Mutant Mudds, SteamWorld Dig, and Guacamelee doesn't hurt either.

Not coming from Nintendo... but still has the potential to be pretty cool.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 26, 2014, 09:48:15 PM »

And now back to your regularly scheduled discussions. I put my toys away when I'm done with them.

But I was having fun with your toys, Khush! Bring them out again.

They should swipe Michael Ancel from Ubisoft and release a new Beyond Good and Evil.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

« Reply #45 on: March 27, 2014, 12:43:20 PM »
I generally hate Mario sports games but a Mario Paintball would be awesome.
Trying to be a better person, honest.

Offline rlse9

• Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 27, 2014, 08:21:04 PM »
I don't know if it would work out in practice, but at least in theory the idea of a Mario paintball game sounds pretty interesting.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2014, 02:32:09 PM »
A Sunshine remake a la Wind Waker would be great. I was actually talking about it on Twitter in the last couple days, hoping they'd cut the blue coin **** and replace those shines with actual levels.

Is there something about the Wii U controllers that their shoulder buttons aren't pressure sensitive like the GameCube ones, so that would make spraying at different lengths difficult? I thought I read that somewhere.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2014, 03:24:05 PM »
Yeah, that's right about Mario Sunshine. I don't know how important that feature is to the actual gameplay though, I don't recall there being much difference between lower pressure and higher pressure. What does matter though, is that I believe pressing the shoulder button down to the "click" makes Mario stop, and then the analogue stick controls the spray instead of moving Mario. I guess they could just map this feature to a different button, and the GamePad/Pro controller does have one extra shoulder button over the GameCube controller.

Offline PSap29

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2014, 04:06:21 PM »
This'll sound strange, but the first thing that came to mind was Mario Party 10. I think they could come up with some interesting minigames incorporating the GamePad, and I also like some of the ideas introduced in Mario Party 9 and would like to see them expanded.

Except Mario Party 9 is widely considered the WORST Mario Party game (or at least the worst console Mario Party).

If they make Mario Party 10, they should go back to the basics of the original N64 trilogy.  20 coins to get a star.  Coin, Happening, and Minigame bonus stars, and Bowser wrecking **** up.  Although I would like to play as my Mii in the main party mode, unlike in 8, where Miis were relegated to the "extra" minigames.

Speaking of Miis, they NEED to be in Smash Bros.  Do it, Sakurai!