Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Online Regular Libraries Add Tilting, Farming, And Unlocalized Famicom Game  (Read 789 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it

It took us about ten minutes to figure out what the NES game is.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/63895/nintendo-switch-online-regular-libraries-add-tilting-farming-and-unlocalized-famicom-game

The system libraries for the standard tier of Nintendo Switch Online - the NES, Super Nintendo, and Game Boy (Color) have added new games tonight.

Game Boy Color

Blaster Master: Enemy Below (2000) was the third release in the recently-revived side scrolling action series from Sunsoft, though it was not released under that name in Japan. Although the sprites and backgrounds are similar to the original NES game, the maps are remixed.

KIrby Tilt 'n Tumble (2001), promised in the initial reveal of the Game Boy library, was a Kirby game whose cartridge contained an accelerometer and was controlled by tilting and rotating the GBC.

Super Nintendo

Harvest Moon (1997) was one of the first farming sims, and the first game in the Bokujo no Monogotari series that currently lives on under the Story of Seasons branding. The year long farming RPG was previously released on the Super Famicom library for Switch.

Nintendo Entertainment System

Mystery Tower (1986) is a new localization of a Namco-created game known in Japan as "Tower of Babel". A puzzle platformer, it features a character who has to avoid monsters and use L-shaped blocks to create stairways that lead to 64 exists in order to escape (presumably) the biblical Tower of Babel.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Wooo!!! Kirby Tilt N Tumble and Harvest Moon SNES!! Finally, some good games for the online apps. Hit the road, Mario Advance series! You too Pokemon Colosseum! Looks like I still won't be starting up Tears of the Kingdom for another few more weeks!
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Mythtendo

• My rims never spin, to the contrary, you'll find that they're quite stationary
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
I don't miss the days of arcade/NES games not telling you how to play them, especially since Nintendo doesn't bother including digital instructions (unless i'm missing them) and I don't think I should have to look online to figure out how to play the games. I gave up on Mystery Tower in about 2 minutes (why does any game have a suicide button?). Blaster Master: Enemy Below is boring and not fun. I'm sure Harvest Moon is fine, but I always get bored by those type of games. I have never played Kirby Tilt 'n Tumble, I might try it.