Author Topic: Crimson Shroud - Zombie Minotaur Help  (Read 5687 times)

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
Crimson Shroud - Zombie Minotaur Help
« on: July 04, 2013, 04:37:56 PM »
So I finally got around to playing this game and I'm completely stumped by the Zombie Minotaur.

None of my attacks seem to be effective, Frea's Magic seems useless, and Zombie Minotaur keeps doing 'Bloody Strike' to heal all it's health. I've also tried to flee the battle by using the item 'Hero's resolve' but despite my roll being successful it stated 'Cannot flee this battle'.

Help me guys. What am I missing?
Gouge away.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
Re: Crimson Shroud - Zombie Minotaur Help
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2013, 04:46:57 PM »
Screw this game.
Gouge away.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 08:12:38 PM »
Maybe I can help!

Have you tried looking into your equipment? Checking if your weapons and armor have increased damage/resistance against certain species of creatures is often a smart move. If all else fails, I'd strongly recommend setting up a Attack Damage/Weapon Damage increase on one of your units- generally not Giaque since he's awfully slow. Lippi is the answer more often than not- if you meld an elemental attack to his weapon it can do devastating amounts of damage and he's fairly fast.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2013, 07:52:35 PM »
Thanks so much for the reply Evan_B! I truly am stumped by this encounter. All these weeks later I'm still not sure what I'm missing.

I'll be sure to check whether or not my weapons are effective/ineffective against that particular enemy (although frankly I've found the menu and inventory system in this game to be terrible). Hopefully that's what I've been missing.

Sorry for being ignorant, but how do I meld an elemental attack to Lippi's weapon?
Gouge away.

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2013, 12:20:30 AM »
Often after encounters, you'll have the chance to pick up magic scrolls that have spells on them not unlike some of the "abilities" you obtain as you level up. These scrolls can be fused with weapons with the item Pure Azoth- much like how equipment of the same type can be melded, or transmuted to create a new version with increased stats.

The Zombie Minotaur is quite early in the game, no? You may have to grind a bit more until your characters unlock new skills. Elemental attacks often deal increased damage to enemies, though sometimes finding the right spell to use is important. Never underestimate using buffs to defense, attack, speed, weapon strength, etc.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.