Author Topic: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread  (Read 713261 times)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Official Virtual Console Mondays Thread
« Reply #3450 on: August 29, 2010, 09:04:11 PM »
Aye, I s'pose I dd not express that point well. I don't mean that I think Nintendo could just release any old system with their name on it and it'd sell; I don't think they could get by if they do something like offer the same system with just some small thing like HD or a new controller gimmick. What I mean is, if they offer many significant new and/or improved features that customers want, it's practically guaranteed to sell. They didn't do this with the Nintendo 64.

Let's not pretend popularity doesn't matter at all though. XBox and GameCube were pretty much the same as the PS2, or maybe slightly more powerful. Yet the PS2 still sold more, because developers and consumers alike were already familiar with the brand. So as long as Nintendo still makes a product that isn't inferior to other products, it will sell.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 09:07:27 PM by Mop it up »

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #3451 on: October 04, 2010, 12:02:32 PM »
Hal should be happy, Shantae is finally up. Also, North America gets Racers' Islands for 200 points less (it is 1200 in Europe):

Nintendo Download: Revenge is a Dish Best Served on Nintendo DSi Systems

Oct. 4, 2010

From Samus Aran to Princess Zelda, Nintendo consoles have played host to some of the most memorable female characters in video game history. This week, a different breed of heroine makes her eagerly anticipated splash on the Nintendo DSiWare service. Shantae: Risky's Revenge finds the famous "half-genie" Shantae using her wits and her belly-dancing prowess in a wild new adventure that players can carry with them everywhere they go. You'll also find new additions to the WiiWare and Virtual Console services that offer more ways than ever to download a fresh dose of fun directly to your Nintendo game system.

Nintendo DSiWare

Shantae: Risky's Revenge
Publisher: WayForward
Players: 1
ESRB Rating: E10+ (Everyone 10 and Older) – Comic Mischief, Mild Cartoon Violence, Suggestive Themes
Price: 1,200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: The sequel to the critically acclaimed Shantae is here! Fans asked, and WayForward has answered with a powder keg of high-octane, hair-whipping, hip-shaking action available only on the Nintendo DSiWare service. Shantae: Risky's Revenge sets the bar even higher with thousands of frames of animation, huge multi-sprite bosses and a quest so big it's bursting at the seams. Guide "half-genie" Shantae through haunted wastelands, burning deserts, enchanted forests, dripping caverns and deadly labyrinths. Discover magical attacks, brew zombie coffee, save golden babies and master the art of belly dancing to transform Shantae into more powerful creatures. Use your powers to foil the lady pirate Risky Boots and save Sequin Land from certain doom. With its infectious characters, flirtatious humor and deliciously outlandish action, Shantae: Risky's Revenge offers up all the hair-whipping, belly-dancing action you can handle.

Rummikub
Publisher: Games Factory Online
Players: 1-4
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone)
Price: 800 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: For more than 50 years, players have loved Rummikub for its combination of tactical thinking, luck and tense competition. In this new edition for the Nintendo DSiWare service, combine the tiles to create the smartest combinations and play with friends who have their own copy of Rummikub. You can also pit your wits against the computer in single-player mode at various difficulty settings. Collect all the medals Rummikub has to offer and become the world champion.

WiiWare

Racers' Islands – Crazy Racers
Publisher: Zallag
Players: 1-4
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 1,000 Wii Points
Description: Six drivers are competing on a popular TV show: an English lord, a dangerous beauty from Russia, a Mexican desperado, an eccentric Frenchman, a Japanese prodigy and an American bulldozer. Whichever driver you choose, you'll have to drive and shoot simultaneously to be the first to cross the finish line. The game includes 20 different races and six thematic islands styled to look like a big amusement park. Unique game play lets you drive with one hand while aiming with the other. Discover tons of content like new items, trophies and time trials.

Learning with the PooYoos: Episode 3
Publisher: Lexis Numérique
ESRB Rating: EC (Early Childhood)
Price: 500 Wii Points
Description: Welcome to the world of the PooYoos, the first fun poetic brain-trainer for children ages 3 to 6. With the PooYoos, a merry band of adorable baby animals, children will have fun while learning basic development concepts such as numbers, letters, lateralization, shapes and colors. Children get to dance with their new friends and earn lovely interactive rewards. With two levels of interactivity, children can play activities based on plants and music. This game has been designed for use by children who have not yet grasped reading. The instructions are spoken in French, English or Spanish, depending on the language setting of your Wii console.

Virtual Console

Fatal Fury 3: Road to the Final Victory
Original platform: NeoGeo
Publisher: D4 Enterprise
Players: 1-2
ESRB Rating: T (Teen) – Violence
Price: 900 Wii Points
Description: Originally released in 1995, this is the fourth title in the Fatal Fury series of beat-'em-up games. Previous releases in the series used a two-plane battle system allowing you to move and fight between the foreground and background. This game features a three-plane format – foreground, background and main plane – known as the Oversway System. Characters will automatically move back to the main line after a certain period of time in the foreground or background planes. Other new features include Combination Arts (the ability to execute combo attacks with simple rhythmic button taps), Hidden Abilities (superior versions of the popular Special Moves and Super Special Moves from previous installments) and minor tweaks to all of the characters' Special Moves. As a result, this installment offers the deepest strategies and tactics in the Fatal Fury series to date.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3452 on: October 04, 2010, 01:41:48 PM »
Hmm Fatal Fury 3. I may have to check it out.Out of points though at the moment.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #3453 on: March 28, 2011, 09:24:53 AM »
Japan got Final Fantasy VI.
Europe got Final Fantasy VI.
We got a demo of Learning with the PooYoos.

I hate you, NOA.  I hate you so much.

Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3454 on: April 18, 2011, 12:07:33 PM »
Megaman X is the stand out game for the week. I really enjoyed the game back in the day.

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD: MEGA MAN X MARKS THE SPOT FOR NINTENDO'S LATEST DOWNLOADABLE GAME LINEUP

April 18, 2011
Originally released in 1994 for the Super NES™ console, Mega Man™ X is widely recognized as a classic of the 16-bit gaming era. Starting this week, Wii™ owners can discover – or rediscover – the game's timeless platforming fun via the Virtual Console™ service. For a different brand of retro-styled action with a contemporary twist, players can also try out a demo version of BIT.TRIP CORE, now available for download on the WiiWare™ service for zero Wii Points™. Meanwhile, new hand-held game offerings for the Nintendo DSiWare™ service include GO Series Captain Sub, a treasure-seeking underwater adventure that can be enjoyed anytime, anywhere on the portable Nintendo DSi™ system.

Virtual Console

Mega Man X
Original platform:
Super NES
Publisher: Capcom
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Violence
Price: 800 Wii Points
Description: The future of Mega Man has arrived. Hundreds of years after his death, Dr. Light's final creation is discovered. Released from his capsule by Dr. Cain, X is born into a future world where robot rebellions are a thing of the past. But when Dr. Cain tries to implement Dr. Light's designs into a new series of Reploids, something goes horribly wrong. Now the future lies on the brink of destruction, and X must use all of his newfound powers and abilities to hunt down the maverick Reploids and their leader, Sigma, before the human race is wiped from the planet.

WiiWare

My Little Baby
Publisher:
dtp young entertainment
Price: 600 Wii Points
Description: Have you always dreamed of having a cute little baby to lovingly care for? Now is your chance. Your little bundle of joy smiles at you gleefully, and you have to do everything you can to make sure it develops and grows in a healthy manner. Changing, bathing and feeding are as much a part of your duties as shopping, preparing meals, rocking your baby to sleep, playtime, dressing and teaching it to crawl and walk. But above all, what your little angel needs is your love and attention. All this, plus an enormous selection of toys, clothes and other objects, will make your little one the happiest baby in the whole wide world.

BIT.TRIP CORE (demo version)
Publisher:
Aksys Games
Players: 1-2
Price: 0 Wii Points; full version available for 600 Wii Points
Description: BIT.TRIP CORE continues the BIT.TRIP saga in this retro-arcade-style game. BIT.TRIP COREis an exciting action/rhythm game that's best played while zoning out on the tunes and letting the visuals swallow you whole. The experience is inspired by games from the '80s, but with a modern twist. The game play is entirely new to the series, leaving the single-axis controls of BIT.TRIP BEAT behind in favor of the ability to control two axes. If the difficulty gets you down, grab a friend and play cooperatively in two-player multiplayer mode. (Additional controllers are required for multiplayer features and are sold separately.)

Note: Some demo versions do not support all game features, and players cannot save their in-game progress in demo versions.

Nintendo DSiWare

GO Series Captain Sub
Publisher:
Gamebridge
ESRB Rating: E (Everyone) – Mild Cartoon Violence
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Pointsâ„¢
Description: Search the depths of the sea for lost treasure in this charming underwater adventure. Take control of a yellow submarine equipped with a mechanical arm that can grab treasure off the sea floor. Explore an underwater labyrinth of caverns and caves littered with treasures but surrounded by deadly sea creatures. Fire missiles forward to attack creatures in front and launch missiles upward to fend off dangers from above. Keep an eye out for keys that can unlock doors to deeper caverns as you gradually make your way to the hidden chamber where the giant underwater boss awaits.

DodoGo! Robo
Publisher:
Neko Entertainment
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: Entertaining and accessible to everyone, DodoGo! Robo is a puzzle game in which you have to use your head to avoid getting broken. There's no need to have any knowledge of previous games to explore this new installment in the DodoGo! series. Become the well-known Robo-Egg and collect the maximum number of icons scattered around new puzzle levels. Use the stylus to help your Robo progress, then click on the Play button to see the result. You can even change your route until your Robo picks up all the icons for the level you are playing.

Music on: Learning Piano Volume 2
Publisher:
Abylight
Price: 200 Nintendo DSi Points
Description: The entire orchestra follows your performance of 15 great classics. By playing each day, your ability may increase. Earn the bronze, silver and gold medals for each song, completing all different levels. A simplified music score is shown on the upper screen and a full piano keyboard appears on the touch screen, guiding beginners note by note. Songs include classic compositions by Bach, Tchaikovsky and Chopin.

Nintendo adds new titles to the Nintendo DSi Shop and the Wii Shop Channel at 9 a.m. Pacific time on Mondays. Users with broadband Internet access can redeem Wii Points or Nintendo DSi Points to download the games. Wii Points can be purchased in the Wii Shop Channel. Nintendo DSi Points can be purchased in the Nintendo DSi Shop. A Nintendo Points Cardâ„¢ can be purchased at retail locations. All points from one Nintendo Points Card must be redeemed in either the Nintendo DSi Shop or the Wii Shop Channel. They are not transferable and cannot be divided between the two systems.

Remember that both Wii and Nintendo DSi feature parental controls that let adults manage the content their children can access. For more information about this and other features, visit http://wii.com or http://www.nintendodsi.com.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #3455 on: May 02, 2011, 01:01:14 AM »
Well Chrono Trigger has been rated by the ESRB recently.

http://www.esrb.org/ratings/synopsis.jsp?Certificate=31061

Now with it avalable for download in Japan and a Europe release upcoming sometime in the second quarter of 2011 it should be a nice release for America.I have the DS version of the game so I probably won't pick it up on the VC.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #3456 on: May 12, 2011, 10:07:23 AM »
SEGA Vintage Collection coming to VC
http://blogs.sega.com/europe/2011/05/12/wonderful-news-as-segas-vintage-collection-returns/
SEGA is proud to announce that the next edition of our Vintage Collection series is headed here in late 2011 and early 2012, to PlayStation Network and Nintendo Wii Virtual Console! This collection features favorites from the Wonder Boy series as well as some other gems from that era, including one of the first titles produced by legendary designer Yu Suzuki.

The biggest news of this bundle is that we are releasing a fully localized version of Wonder Boy in Monster World IV, which has never had a previous release in the West – it has previously appeared only in Japan.

Here’s everything that’s on the way:

Monster World IV (Genesis/Mega Drive)
Wonder Boy in Monster Land (Arcade)
Revenge of Shinobi (Genesis/Mega Drive)
Alex Kidd in Miracle World (Master System)
Wonder Boy in Monster World (Genesis/Mega Drive)

We did our best to pick the highest quality version of each of these, which is why you’re seeing different platforms represented. The Master System version of Alex Kidd – one of the original mascots of SEGA and something of a proto-Sonic – is one of the best games to come out on that platform, and had a terrific combination of speed, wit, and surprisingly challenging platforming.

And again, it’s Monster World IV that’s the biggest news, since that’s actually a new entry to the West. It is the last entry in the series, and is notable in that it was one of the few games from the era to feature a female protagonist.

I’m also thrilled to see Super Hang-On in this collection: One of the first SEGA games I ever played was the version of Hang-On that was on the Master System, and this is a Yu Suzuki title. The original Hang-On was one of the first games developed by Yu Suzuki, and this was the natural progression of that breakthrough title.

These games are the reason I became a fan of SEGA and of video games in the first place. They’re wrapped up in what makes SEGA unique and built into this company’s history in the arcades and with home consoles – I’m proud and excited to be able to talk about them here. Stay tuned for more news and information!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2011, 10:11:07 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline noname2200

• Not a douche. Seriously.
  • Score: 21
    • View Profile
« Reply #3457 on: May 19, 2011, 01:18:41 AM »
Those are actually some pretty damn good choices! Looking forward to Shinobi and Monster World. Nice to see more good VC games coming, even if it's in drips rather than a flood.

Offline TrueNerd

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #3458 on: May 20, 2011, 09:56:40 PM »
WHERE IS FINAL FANTASY VI

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3459 on: May 20, 2011, 10:19:48 PM »

Enough!  You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!  Prepare to die!   ;)

It's probably coming out sometime in the next month or so.  It's a big enough game that, like Chrono Trigger, Nintendo will announce its release probably the week prior so we'll know when it's coming.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Kytim89

• Only question I ever thought was hard was do I like Kirk or do I like Picard?
  • Score: -156
    • View Profile
« Reply #3460 on: May 20, 2011, 10:38:25 PM »

Enough!  You sound like chapters from a self-help booklet!  Prepare to die!   ;)

It's probably coming out sometime in the next month or so.  It's a big enough game that, like Chrono Trigger, Nintendo will announce its release probably the week prior so we'll know when it's coming.

I am betting that FF6 will show up around the time for E3 to start.
Please follow me on Twitter at: Kytim89.

Offline broodwars

• Hunting for a Pineapple Salad
  • Score: -1011
    • View Profile
« Reply #3461 on: May 20, 2011, 10:44:14 PM »

I am betting that FF6 will show up around the time for E3 to start.

That's a pretty safe guess, though I'm surprised they didn't hold the far better (  ;) ) Chrono Trigger for E3 and release FF VI earlier if that was the case.  I'll take it, though.
There was a Signature here. It's gone now.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #3462 on: May 21, 2011, 06:59:40 PM »
Well, 6 hasn't had a re-release/remake recently versus Chrono Trigger which had the DS port so it's probably the higher profile title of the two (not necessarily the better).
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast