Author Topic: Nintendo Teabagged Once Again....  (Read 51474 times)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
Re: Nintendo Teabagged Once Again....
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2010, 06:19:05 PM »
ahahahaha why is the sword up her bum?
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Peachylala

• Bunk Pass Itch
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2010, 07:06:23 PM »
It won't matter. You get hard, and that ugly Sailor Moon man will ruin it all.
Peachy got himself a 360 Slim. ...Yahoo?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• I do want the Wii U to fail.
  • Score: -431
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2010, 07:39:47 PM »
Guys, please keep the conversation at a family friendly level...
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: May 20, 2011, 04:28:30 PM »
http://kotaku.com/5803907/dont-expect-any-3ds-games-from-paradox-interactive-im-guessing

https://twitter.com/#!/thewesterfront/status/71560953493336064

Is he calling Nintendo's 3DS outdated tech or Ubisoft's software worthless trash? or maybe a little bit of both?

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #179 on: May 20, 2011, 04:51:04 PM »
Who is he and why should we care?
is your sanity...

Offline Nemo

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
    • Game Sprite Archives
« Reply #180 on: May 20, 2011, 04:52:02 PM »
It seems Paradox Interactive has developed the largest list of games that I've never even heard of.

It's like Paradox might as well not exist.
-the Game Sprite Archives-
http://www.gsarchives.net

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #181 on: May 20, 2011, 04:55:11 PM »
Since they only make PC games they may have a bad opinion of consoles/handhelds in general, and not just the 3DS in particular.
is your sanity...

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: May 20, 2011, 07:17:03 PM »
I know Majesty and galactic civilization.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Capcom has no faith in 3DS
« Reply #183 on: May 23, 2011, 05:11:48 PM »
3DS dead in the water!?
not exactly, but it's gonna be getting less support going forward from Capcom
http://www.cubed3.com/news/15588?
Capcom outlined plans for the coming fiscal year earlier today, upping support for PS3/360 with a drop for the Nintendo Wii, 3DS and DS.

The Japanese publisher, known for Street Fighter, Mega Man and Resident Evil expects to sell 18 million pieces of software across 55 titles and various handheld, console, PC and other platforms. The PS3 and Xbox 360 both see an increase in the number of titles on the way, presumably sharing most as cross-platform.

The DS/3DS together see a slight drop in the number of games on the way, but an increase in projected sales.

The Wii sees a significant drop this year with only two titles being made and an expected 200,000 units to be sold.

I understand dropping Wii support as it's hopefully in favor of supporting CafĂ©, but to drop 3DS support before you even get to see how software sells on the device. It's a little slow out of the gate  but SSFIV3D is one of if not the best (3rd party) selling game on the system.

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: May 23, 2011, 05:20:55 PM »
Though I think the interesting part of that statement is "increase in projected sales."  Which may indicate that Capcom thinks that streamlining the titles a bit will make for games with better longterm and hit the target audience better.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: May 23, 2011, 05:27:04 PM »
It said the DS/3DS see a slight drop. It could just be them moving away from the DS. We've still got two Resident Evils and Mega Man Legends 3 coming, and SSFIV sold over a million copies, so it's not like Capcom's abandoning the system.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: May 23, 2011, 06:11:28 PM »
When you combine this drop in support from Capcom with the fact Sega pulled the plug on the 3DS Sonic Generations, and also the fact that the 3DS is getting its ass kicked in weekly sales in Japan by the PSP week after week.... it doesn't look good. Nintendo should have either waited until the 3DS had a better launch library or went with a lower MSRP or both. Of course, that's too late now, but Nintendo should be considering a price cut.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2011, 06:13:39 PM by Chozo Ghost »
is your sanity...

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: May 23, 2011, 07:01:10 PM »
It said the DS/3DS see a slight drop. It could just be them moving away from the DS. We've still got two Resident Evils and Mega Man Legends 3 coming, and SSFIV sold over a million copies, so it's not like Capcom's abandoning the system.

It's entirely possible that the combined DS/3DS is done just for the sensationalistic headlines that the news will create, but the examiner article states that
Capcom is only releasing two titles on the Wii as sales are expected to drop to 200,000 units compared to five Capcom titles and 1.4 million units were sold in 2010. There will be nine titles released for the Nintendo DS/3DS with 2.4 million units compared to 11 titles and 1.7 million sold in 2010.

It's very easy to assume that the lowered support would be more on the DS side than the 3DS side of that line, but all we can make is assumptions for the next 2 weeks (& 17hrs)

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: May 23, 2011, 07:32:43 PM »
9 games instead of 11 isn't news. That can easily be explained by natural development cycles without even taking into account the shift from DS to 3DS. Implying that it's any kind of conscious move on Capcom's part is just linkbaiting.

J.P. Corbran

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: May 23, 2011, 07:41:58 PM »
It would be news if those 2 games were destined for 3DS but no longer are. But I meant that the examiner article puts the news into perspective and you realize it's not as big a deal as it initially might've sounded.

Offline Chozo Ghost

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: May 24, 2011, 12:12:03 AM »
Capcom has proven themselves eager to stab Nintendo in the back time and time again, so its understandable why when people read news like this they take it seriously.
is your sanity...

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: May 24, 2011, 01:53:38 AM »
Not sure why this is new?  Most publishers are slimming back and focusing on certain "money" making titles.  It sounds like Capcom is switching to playing it safe which means alot of orginal games are getting the axe.

My only gripe is alot of my favorites titles are the ones getting the boot.

I just looked up Capcom's sales for DS and PSP and yeah besides the Monster Hunter series Capcom's most likely losing money on the portables.

Flagship/Capcom used to make the portable Zelda titles wouldn't mind seeing more of those.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: May 24, 2011, 02:56:02 AM »
According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, Capcom has only published 19 games on the DS in its entire life span. So yeah, 9 is down from last year, but still pretty impressive. Again, I don't think this is any kind of conscious change on Capcom's part; it's just where things happened to stand when they made the announcement. Everyone is reading way too much into it.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: May 24, 2011, 08:09:32 AM »
If we don't get Monster Hunter 3DS then we know there is a real problem going on. If they announce it and release it then it's all good.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: May 24, 2011, 05:03:21 PM »
if they dont want to make money thats their problem, Sega has proven this model
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #195 on: May 24, 2011, 05:40:48 PM »
According to the ever-reliable Wikipedia, Capcom has only published 19 games on the DS in its entire life span.
According to the slightly-more-reliable GameFAQs, CapCom has published 31 games on the DS. Even so, 9 still seems like a pretty good number.