Gaming Forums > General Gaming

Fighting Games: JOIN THA WULFPACK

<< < (91/161) > >>

Sarail:
Oh, man. Playing Skullgirls now. It's freaking super effective! Control is SO tight. Good stuff.

And the artwork is HAWT.

Halbred:
Worth buying? Can a casual fighting fan get into it?

Sarail:
Other than having a small roster at the outset (I'm not sure if there's any unlockables currently...), the game plays incredibly well.

After running through and completing the training mode, I can tell the game, on the offensive side, is based strictly on manipulating hit-stun and combo'ing in and out regular attacks, special moves, and "Blockbuster" super specials. It almost feels a bit like a more advanced Killer Instinct - but with more focus on building combos using your basic, regular attacks. Air combos are fantastic in Skullgirls.

And it's all animated so beautifully well. The game's artwork is gorgeous.

I say it's definitely worth buying - but I am concerned about how many more characters there are in the game. There's only eight starters. Hmmm?

S-U-P-E-R:
They've already started work on more characters btw
Somebody that's not me, please try and talk about the tutorial modes. They say they're supposed to teach you fighting game fundamentals instead of Simon bullshit.

Ymeegod:
You might want to hold off Halbred, they "forgot" to add in the command list which is kinda strange to be missing from a fighter?  Not sure when they plan on patching it up but for now you have to flip to the website to get the move list.

And the AI is said to be brutal even on lowest settings.

BTW:  What platform did everyone get it on? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version