Author Topic: Episode 567: Revealed Preferred  (Read 2340 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 567: Revealed Preferred
« on: April 15, 2018, 01:03:47 PM »

I hope to God that nobody is using this show for scientific purposes.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/47001/episode-567-revealed-preferred

We promised ourselves a shorter episode this week, and for once we deliver. Guillaume kicks off New Business with a look at the now-patched Rime for Switch. Performance is still an issue, but the game is playable in portable mode. He then has a look at newly-released brawler Streets of Red. Full of homages, the game doesn't deliver much new to the genre. He also gives an update on Burly Men at Sea, and it turns out there's no avoiding the whale. Greg takes a look at The Mummy Demastered, a WayForward-developed Metroidvania tie-in to the 2017 Tom Cruise film vehicle. A 2D action movie licensed game? It's 1992 all over again.

No break this week, as we slide right into Listener Mail. This week we announce when we like our announcements, assume the Virtual Console is dead, and design our own Nintendo Land. You can report concerns about our sub-standard food offerings by sending us an email.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 567: Revealed Preferred
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2018, 11:04:06 AM »
all I really knew about Streets of Red before Gui started talking about it was that Jim Sterling is in it.

Offline Wanderlei

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2018, 11:41:00 AM »
Who owns the rights to dead company's games? How do you buy them?

Offline Pandareus

• NWR Staff
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2018, 12:56:48 PM »
Right, Jim Sterling is in the game as Jim Sterling, the character(?) he plays in his youtube videos, "Thank God for me" and all that. Slipped my mind somehow while recording, but it falls under the "pandering to gamers" umbrella, as far as I'm concerned.

I was a bit distracted due to recording on different, weaker hardware than usual, which explains the shorter podcast, the lack of chapters, and most audio issues I might have failed to edit out.

Don't drop your laptops on hardwood floor, people.

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2018, 10:49:04 PM »
Who owns the rights to dead company's games? How do you buy them?

Usually holding companies or Korean mobile firms (I'm thinking of Acclaim specifically on the last one).
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2018, 01:47:03 PM »
For Nintendoland ideas, Disney Springs has this place called "The Void" and, if you haven't heard of it, it's a VR experience that has you put on a helmet and a large vest then play through a game.  The one I did was Star Wars themed and you play as a Storm Trooper in disguise and move through what's essentially a maze but it looks like you're in the Star Wars universe and the people you're playing with look like Storm Troopers.  You shoot bad guys, see characters from Rogue One, and, when you get hit, the vest vibrates on the spot you got hit.

I thought of this when James talked about doing things that Disney has that Universal doesn't have an answer for.  I think it could work with Luigi's Mansion and probably (not my) Metroid Prime Federation Force.  I think the game-element to it could be better exploited by Nintendo, whereas the Star Wars thing I played didn't even keep score.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.