Author Topic: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness  (Read 104298 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Re: The Animal Crossing: New Horizons Thread of Madness
« Reply #25 on: March 24, 2020, 02:45:49 AM »
Actually, now that I'm in a Twitter time-sink, I rather enjoyed the simplicity of this one also.

Apparently, that is in reference to this which is also very entertaining

Imagine the days when we'll have forum software to embed Tweets and Videos....
« Last Edit: March 24, 2020, 02:48:05 AM by Khushrenada »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #26 on: March 24, 2020, 02:47:00 AM »
I don't know what this is but I think it must be some kind of genius born out of self-isolation crazy.
Yay the hitting of villagers are back and it must have took some time to make all those pitfalls.
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 24, 2020, 02:54:34 AM »

With smart conversations like this, I guess I might as well crumble before the face of New Horizons and get into it also.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2020, 11:23:34 AM »
I need a shovel.
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2020, 11:28:43 AM »
I need a shovel.
You should be able to craft one as you play.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2020, 01:42:49 PM »
I NEED IT NOW AND I haven't figured out how to unlock it yet (no spoilers!).  I unlocked the ability to craft an upgraded shovel, but that does me no good without the regular shovel. :(
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2020, 03:21:14 PM »
Pro tip, the first player it designated the Island Representative and is the only player that can advance development. So if you have friends and family playing with you, make sure you are the designated Island Rep or be sure to communicate if you need to unlock new features in the game. I almost let my sister fire up the game first since I am busy, but due to her also being busy with her job she hadn't started yet. So I'll be firing up the game first today just to be sure I'm not crippled in my advancement behind family that won't play as often as me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSwitch/comments/fo13xf/animal_crossing_broken_multiplayer_is_frustrating/
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline TheFleece

• K.K. Slider Vinyl Collector
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2020, 08:12:51 AM »
This also happened to me. It was annoying, but I got the recipe I needed the very next day. This is the only time the game has done something like this to me and I find it weird. I hope it doesn’t happen again

I’ve already seen duplicate items on sale and have been visited by the same special characters in my first week. I feel like that shouldn’t be happening at all, but I do remember this occurring in past games.

More villagers have moved in and I’ve got the full run of the island. I’m still upgrading the shops and will probably pay my second mortgage today. I’m wondering if crafting tools will be a permanent mechanic in the game or if there are unbreakable (golden) tools.

Regarding online: Connecting has been fine, but are we left to make up our own fun? I was hoping that some sort of party island to play multiplayer games like before, but I haven’t seen or heard anything about that.

I NEED IT NOW AND I haven't figured out how to unlock it yet (no spoilers!).  I unlocked the ability to craft an upgraded shovel, but that does me no good without the regular shovel. :(
Handhelds at Heart
---
It's like a finger pointing away to the moon....
You don't want no part of this ***!
Animal Crossing New Leaf Pics

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2020, 09:06:20 AM »
Turnip prices are going for 108 on my island this morning. Dodo code is 0W27J. I’ll be away from the system, but I’m leaving my gates open for anyone if they want to sell stuff.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2020, 02:03:36 PM »
I think more special characters show up as your island progresses through Nook's little sidequests.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2020, 03:12:19 PM »
I think so too. I’m specifically talking about Gulliver showing up. I never really liked him and he’s been around twice already. Where’s Kicks? Sahara?

I think more special characters show up as your island progresses through Nook's little sidequests.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline Armak88

• Score: 7
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2020, 01:18:21 PM »
I'm looking to offload some of my island's native fruit today in preparation for Turnips tomorrow if someone is open to me coming to their town to sell that would be great.

Apples are my native fruit, I have cherries and oranges as well so if you have other fruits I can take home that you can spare I'd leave you any of those.

Also if people are interested I made a bunch of designs in New Leaf that I've turned into QR codes, they are all hockey jerseys and the N64 logo, I guess I can post them here as well.
"I'm not going to ban you yet just in case you really are a huge fan of bean bag chairs..." - Pale

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2020, 01:23:53 PM »
You can sell at my town if you haven’t found a place yet. I have all the fruit you have though, but no worries. I wasn’t sure if we’re friends or not so I made a Dodo Code: 986FP

I'm looking to offload some of my island's native fruit today in preparation for Turnips tomorrow if someone is open to me coming to their town to sell that would be great.

Apples are my native fruit, I have cherries and oranges as well so if you have other fruits I can take home that you can spare I'd leave you any of those.

Also if people are interested I made a bunch of designs in New Leaf that I've turned into QR codes, they are all hockey jerseys and the N64 logo, I guess I can post them here as well.
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2020, 04:17:18 PM »
8CM6Q is my dodo code. I have the town open while i'm at work. KK slider is in town so you might be able to get some music.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2020, 04:36:19 PM »
Since none of us had any context when we visited, I'm just gonna post this here without context:

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2020, 04:54:51 PM »
Since none of us had any context when we visited, I'm just gonna post this here without context:

Who all was there in the game?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2020, 10:38:39 PM »
8CM6Q is my dodo code. I have the town open while i'm at work. KK slider is in town so you might be able to get some music.

I'm flying to your island.... part of my figure out what I'm doing game tour right now. LOL

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2020, 11:22:36 PM »
Question for anyone that would know.... not expecting anyone to have the answer, but worth a shot.

If you read the other thread I made, I had to delete my daughters 1-2yr old profile from my Switch because it was logged in to from the account not made for her on the switch, and there was no way to log her out (after looking in the app, there was a log out button, but since I wasn't the admin of her account... nothing I could do about it)

Anyway, my daughter started the town in Animal Crossing, and created my character for me while I was working (my AC name is Best Daddy if you see pop up in your town :D)
Question is.... I saw someone mention somewhere that only the town admin can advance the town.... what exactly does that mean?

Her account is still accessible from her mom's switch I believe, and therefore if she logs in from there, I think she would pop up on this island as home base. But we won't be sure till she goes back to her momma's house on Monday.
If she is unable to get back to the island from that account.... do I need to erase ALL progress made over the last 3 days and start fresh? because that's a total demotivator. LOL

I triggered the Musuem to get built and am building a house, but what exactly would I be missing out on if I'm not the town admin, and her original account is now defunct?

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2020, 12:38:29 AM »
Finally have hourly music, and am in the process of getting a bunch of stuff in tomorrow from spending Nook Miles. My island haven of Central will be the envy of Filbert the Squirrel--so much so that he won't have any choice but to move in eventually!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 29, 2020, 05:01:52 AM »
So I got ran up on by a tarantula....

I just finished running up to my tent to go drop some stuff off inside....
as I was opening Speedy Tarantula exited warp speed about 3 feet from me an raised up.
Startled the **** out of me, but he was too late, as I was already entering my tent.

He stalked me about 10 minutes later, and before I could maneuver through the molasses like UI to switch to my net.... I got bit.

same thing happens 4 more times, but 2 of those times I was ready wit the net out, but the tree gets in way and I can't see where the dang spider went. Atleast I got to swing my net at him twice. I'm gonna catch that sucka though.

Anyways.... I NEEEEEED a ladder. how do I get one?

it's holding me back from fully exploring my island.
I've already paid off my travel cost and saved the money to payoff my house all today.
I've got a shipment of practically everything I've found so far just waiting for the damn Museum to open so I can donate EVERYTHING on the island I've found so far.

I feel stuck. and after visiting Pokepal's town... I feel waaaay behind (I only really started today), and i'm afraid I might have to start the whole thing over anyway. LOL

Offline pokepal148

• View Profile
« Reply #45 on: March 29, 2020, 05:59:54 AM »
TBF i'm a cheating bastard who rampantly abused time travel to get where I am. I'm probably at least a week ahead of everyone else but that mostly comes down to me wanting to get all the options I need to shape the island the way I want it.

Offline TheFleece

• View Profile
    • I Draw Machine Foods
« Reply #46 on: March 29, 2020, 10:10:36 AM »
Ok, here’s what I heard, but I may not have all the info...

Whoever is the main resident (The player who names the island and chooses the location of the house) on the island they are expected to set into production all the tasks that are given directly given to them by Tom Nook. He doesn’t ask other resident players of this apparently. All DIY Recipes are not given out, only the main resident gets most from Tom Nook, but other residents have to buy them. I also think that using going to the Nook Miles Island to recruit new villagers is also a task that falls onto the main resident. Also, and again, I’m not sure, but I heard that only the main resident can donate items to the museum.

That’s a lot considering that the game issues out progression via Tom Nook who relays that info to the main player. If you are being asked to chose the location of buildings then you will be fine. If not then those messages are for the other resident player. I hope that helps!

Question for anyone that would know.... not expecting anyone to have the answer, but worth a shot.

If you read the other thread I made, I had to delete my daughters 1-2yr old profile from my Switch because it was logged in to from the account not made for her on the switch, and there was no way to log her out (after looking in the app, there was a log out button, but since I wasn't the admin of her account... nothing I could do about it)

Anyway, my daughter started the town in Animal Crossing, and created my character for me while I was working (my AC name is Best Daddy if you see pop up in your town :D)
Question is.... I saw someone mention somewhere that only the town admin can advance the town.... what exactly does that mean?

Her account is still accessible from her mom's switch I believe, and therefore if she logs in from there, I think she would pop up on this island as home base. But we won't be sure till she goes back to her momma's house on Monday.
If she is unable to get back to the island from that account.... do I need to erase ALL progress made over the last 3 days and start fresh? because that's a total demotivator. LOL

I triggered the Musuem to get built and am building a house, but what exactly would I be missing out on if I'm not the town admin, and her original account is now defunct?
Handhelds at Heart
---

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 29, 2020, 01:32:32 PM »
Well, I didn't name anything, and hastily deleted the other account... not sure if I can restore it, now that I got. I also donated all the items to the Musuem, and they just started the construction on the museum.

Original Player has a message in her mailbox, but we can't read it.
Gonna see if we can undelete that account since technically it did have all our old games saved to it.... (not that i've checked. LOL)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 29, 2020, 02:18:18 PM »
SO I just visited some random town on another board through a dodo code... "someone is arriving" "someone is leaving" someone is arriving" and the whole game is on pause while that happens....

over and over again.... Why does that need to interfere with what I'm doing? I'm just trying to sell some stuff and check on these turnip prices (which I guess are hot trade commodity at 90 bells a piece...)

This is so annoying. I could be halfway done already if it'd stop pausing me to show me the arrival and departure of people I don't know. LOL

edit:
OMG.... I've literally taken about 30 steps, and it just keeps happening, over and over again. I'm not even sure I can make it back to the airport to just leave. I've been here for literally 5 minutes and this is all I've seen on this island is people come and go from the airport. LOL
what a mess.

edit2:
C'mon Nintendo, we gotta do better than this. OMG, and can't even move, just endless arrivals and departures.
I'm dying over here right now.

Edit 3:
OMG, so I'm selling all my stuff to hopefully ask for turnip prices and a notice scrolls across the screen "PLEASE END THE CONVERSATION"
WTF. it took me almost 10 minutes just to find the nook shop. Now I can't even finish the 30 seconds it takes to complete the transaction because guess.... SOMEONE IS ARRIVING SOMEONE IS DEPARTING

I clearly don't online game often, but is this another case of Nintendo is 2 steps behind here?
or is there a reason I need to see everyone coming and going and it must pause me from doing whatever the hell it was i was doing? and where do I buy turnips?

edit 4:
Luckily I found a DIY for a Ladder and some other DIY stuff and sold all my stuff before the owner of the island logged off. Never found the turnip shop, but it looks like it reset the island and current visitors reset back to the airport. I don't know whats going on but this all seems very unnecessary.

edit 5:
can't even catch a fish real quick. what a hot mess this is rn.
Fish bites, and SOMEONE IS LEAVING... so my fishing pole gets pulled back. we come back and the fish is gone.
I can't deal with this. I'm gonna find these turnips and GTFO this damn island. LMAO
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 02:40:24 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 29, 2020, 02:49:36 PM »
I clearly don't online game often, but is this another case of Nintendo is 2 steps behind here?
or is there a reason I need to see everyone coming and going and it must pause me from doing whatever the hell it was i was doing?
Ha ha, yup, the series has always been like that! It's a real pain. It's even worse now that there can be 8 players in a town.

Anyways.... I NEEEEEED a ladder. how do I get one?
I believe the ladder recipe is given to you once you prepare plots for three more villagers, which takes place after the museum.

Who all was there in the game?
The top two: Left, Bill, right, Unclebob (host)
The bottom row from left to right: Deguello, Thatguy, me, ProDaisy