Author Topic: Episode 798: That China Warrior Je Ne Sais Quoi  (Read 1219 times)

Offline NWR_Lindy

• Famous Rapper
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Episode 798: That China Warrior Je Ne Sais Quoi
« on: November 20, 2022, 01:29:23 PM »

I do know big sprites, and these? Big.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/rfn/62203/episode-798-that-china-warrior-je-ne-sais-quoi

This week we do a little house cleaning before our week off and the upcoming RetroActive on Kirby and the Rainbow Curse. That means we start the show with some Listener Mail. This week we look at: confusing controller layouts, what makes Xenoblade Chronicles X special, and the New 3DS making us all old. You can cue us up to talk about the latest developments in the Japanese legal system here.

Gui had a little New Business he wanted to get off his plate, so we close the show with a chat on the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection.

Just a reminder: we're doing a live RetroActive on Kirby and the Rainbow Curse as part of Episode 800. We'll be recording on December 10. Time will be posted later. You can also drop your thoughts here, and we may use them as part of the show.

Jon Lindemann
Contributing Editor, Nintendo World Report

My Game Backlog

Offline Lemonade

• A True Gaming Hero
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 798: That China Warrior Je Ne Sais Quoi
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2022, 12:16:45 AM »
Speaking of button layouts, I have been replaying No More Heroes 3, but the port on Xbox. There is a boss which is basically a series of quick time events. Im usually pretty good with swapping between Nintendo and Xbox, but doing it under pressure like that was a challenge.

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2022, 07:27:22 AM »
Is it time for ZADETTE?

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2022, 12:27:01 AM »
My opinion on controller layouts is that the Playstation layout is superior. The symmetry just makes sense to me.

At the same time Sony just sucks at making controllers. 8bitdo also adopted that standard for their pro controllers and that controller actually feels good in your hands. It also has a really good D-pad which Sony seems to refuse to put on their controllers.

But I'm an idiot who uses the 8bitdo Pro2 for both PC and the Switch. It's a really nice controller and it is easy to have it paired with multiple devices. At the same time that kind of just makes the transition between systems harder sometimes because I am literally using the same controller.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2022, 12:33:29 AM by pokepal148 »

Offline pPatko

• Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • soundcloud.com/pual-patro
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2022, 05:56:04 PM »
TNMT X)