> Announcements

Topic of the Day (2020 Edition)

(1/36) > >>

Khushrenada:
As Assistant to the Community Manager  8), I'm still scheming about how to keep conversations and interest on this forum happening. I still maintain that my "5 posts a day" idea would be all this forum needs if the regulars participated (and it could probably drop down to 3 if enough were doing it) but, unlike the cost of coffee per day, it seems to be too much for people here.   ;)

So, moving on to my next idea. Each day of the week (except for Saturday and Sunday which will have just have 1 topic for the weekend), I thought I'd highlight a topic, conversation or event for the interest of the community to participate in or be aware of. This could be anything from a topic in the gaming forums, a news item, a review whether it be Talkback, Reader or Movie/TV, a Funhouse joke thread, etc. I have sometimes noticed on NWR's Discord that there can be an interesting topic for discussion that will arise and get a bit of activity but then can be lost as the conversation and infinite scroll moves on. From time to time, I may pull a topic from there to discuss further here.

I'll try to have something chosen by 1:00 PM EST though depending on what is going on for me that day then I may not always meet that deadline. (And I'm sure it will be later on Saturday for the weekend. :P ) You can check in here for the link to the Topic of the Day as I will post it here in a new post in reply to this thread.

Khushrenada:
Today's Forum Highlight: January 2020 is Meme Avatar Month

ejamer:
FWIW, I hate infinite scroll in discord so never check there, but I get the feeling it's way more happening then the forums these days? All the cool cats go there right?  I'm just too old...

Khushrenada:
Some days it is. Yes, on average, there are more posts there per day than the forums but there can be long periods without any major discussion happening as well. I keep up with the scroll for the most part but 75% of the time it is also a lot of stuff and posting that kind of bores me so... :shrug:

nickmitch:
As long as no one is talking about me behind my back.

But topics of the day sound fun.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version