Author Topic: Chicken Discussion  (Read 25187 times)

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Chicken Discussion
« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 12:43:24 AM »
I hate Fish. Fish are so nasty to me it smells bad, why eat something that doesn't smell good.

You're an idiot, in my opinion.

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 09:05:44 AM »
I hate Fish. Fish are so nasty to me it smells bad, why eat something that doesn't smell good.

...who hasn't tried Barramundi obviously.

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 02:18:37 PM »

...who hasn't tried Barramundi obviously.

Or tuna melts....
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 02:48:07 PM »
I don't trust vegetarians. Its like they've got some sort of motive which is obvious and subtle at the same time.

My motive in being a vegetarian is not to get cancer from eating tortured dead animals who've been injected with growth hormones and other disgusting chemicals to make them meatier and/or tastier.  Also, I like the sense of moral superiority it gives me.  (I truly believe I'm a better person than those who eat meat.)

Morningstar Farms makes really good fake chicken products.  They have nuggets, strips, patties, and buffalo wings.  You really can't tell the difference between real and fake chicken.  It's also got a lot less cholesterol and saturated fat, not to mention there is no cruelty involved whatsoever.
Wii Code:  7894 - 4898 - 7716 - 3649

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 02:49:23 PM »
Morningstar Farms makes really good fake chicken products.  They have nuggets, strips, patties, and buffalo wings.  You really can't tell the difference between real and fake chicken.  It's also got a lot less cholesterol and saturated fat, not to mention pesticides out the ass.

Fixed.
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 01, 2008, 02:53:57 PM »
Morningstar Farms makes really good fake chicken products.  They have nuggets, strips, patties, and buffalo wings.  You really can't tell the difference between real and fake chicken.  It's also got a lot less cholesterol and saturated fat, not to mention pesticides out the ass.

Fixed.

Do you know that for sure?

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 01, 2008, 05:54:37 PM »
i feel morally superior for eating meat

just like the animal your just a dense collection of atoms functioning as a seperate unit defined by the left side of your brain. In other words there is no difference between eating the animal and not.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 01, 2008, 07:15:17 PM »
Also, I like the sense of moral superiority it gives me.  (I truly believe I'm a better person than those who eat meat.)

I've tasted crocodile meat - a more fearsome predator than fake chicken. You can keep your moral superiority complex.

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 01, 2008, 07:19:20 PM »
I want to try crocodile meat.
I've eaten ostrich, and it's quite good.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 01, 2008, 08:21:29 PM »
I haven't had ostrich, but I've had emu, and it's quite tasty. You have to eat it basically...totally raw. I've had alligator, but not crocodile.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline Caliban

• In Space As Always
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 01, 2008, 08:23:06 PM »
What's the reason for eating it raw?

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #36 on: September 01, 2008, 08:31:55 PM »
I've had gator, but I would like to try emu.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 01, 2008, 10:18:20 PM »
Also, I like the sense of moral superiority it gives me.  (I truly believe I'm a better person than those who eat meat.)

I truly believe I'm a better person than those who are stupid enough to feel superior because of something as meaningless as their eating habits.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 01, 2008, 11:23:32 PM »
I haven't had ostrich, but I've had emu, and it's quite tasty. You have to eat it basically...totally raw. I've had alligator, but not crocodile.

I've had gator, but I would like to try emu.

hm?

Oh.. i thought you guys were talking about me, but i was mistaken

i've decided to embrace it
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #39 on: September 01, 2008, 11:50:07 PM »
The first step to solving your problem is admitting you have one.

Offline AV

• Score: -4
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 02, 2008, 12:00:14 AM »
im eating bacon as i type.

i rather enjoyed Buffalo. Had a buffalo burger its very similar to beef but just different texture, i rather enjoyed it.

its pretty cool that maybe those animals may not exist and ate one to tell the children.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 02, 2008, 12:19:28 AM »
by the way all this talk of feeling superior to someone for not eating meat or eating meat is stupid.

Talk to me when you've eaten unicorn
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #42 on: September 02, 2008, 12:35:35 AM »
That **** is magical.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2008, 01:48:11 AM »
what better to dip your buffalo wings in?

Blue Cheese or Ranch Dressing?

A combination of the two, w/ a pint of Fat Tire.

You sir, are the man. Fat Tire...I miss you sooooo much (can't buy it where I live). BTW, it's all about the cheese.

Pale wins. You're supposed to use Blue Cheese, that's how the family that invented it served it. Buffalo sauce is easy to make too, it's Frank's red hot, garlic, and butter. The more butter you add, the less intense the flavor is, so keep that in mind when you order wings - if you choose "mild", then you're eating a whole lot of butter. Also, Ranch dressing is for girls, and it's the most white-trashiest thing to ever happen to a salad...and every other food item that us Americans (and by us, I mean everyone that isn't me) add it to.

This post is full of win. I know at least 6 chicks that love ranch. I mean, they absolutely LOVE IT! They'll eat it with anything; I mean everything. I even played a prank on one of them, where I tossed a dipping cup full of ranch onto her exposed cleavage and guess what? She lapped it up! Case in point.

name them? cuz buffalo wings are my fave, with blue cheese.

While I love the classic taste, there are some amazing ways to make wings. There's Caribbean jerk (real Caribbean jerk, not that B-Dubs bullshit) just to name one. I enjoy making my own sauce as well ( Thai peanut sauce! It's a mix of lime, soy sauce, peanut butter, garlic, chili peppers, minced onions, and sugar).

I won't eat veal, and I hate Fish. Fish are so nasty to me it smells bad, why eat something that doesn't smell good.

chicken wings are nice, but i want to go for the meat the bone just wastes precious seconds from eating meat and is tedious.

Both of those statements are ridiculous. Fish (and seafood in general) are delicious; sushi especially. Just because "it smells bad" is not an excuse not to AT LEAST try it. Ever smelled pussy? There's not a man in the world that hasn't eaten that. But seriously, different type of fish can have hugely different flavors. Start of with some Salmon, preferably grilled with a twist of lemon. You should at least try sushi some time in your life as well; if anything, just to be a little more cultured. Also, does your "it smells bad" include other types of seafood. Cuz calamari and crabs are fucking delicious; nuff said.

And not eating chicken because it takes too long? How busy are you? Please, and I'm being serious; enjoy your food. We may be animals, but we are not savages. Plus, some people around the world don't have the simple pleasure of biting into a delicious turkey leg. So enjoy it.

I don't trust vegetarians. Its like they've got some sort of motive which is obvious and subtle at the same time.

My motive in being a vegetarian is not to get cancer from eating tortured dead animals who've been injected with growth hormones and other disgusting chemicals to make them meatier and/or tastier.  Also, I like the sense of moral superiority it gives me.  (I truly believe I'm a better person than those who eat meat.)

Well, first off, there are plenty of people who eat meat and do not get cancer. That's an absurd statement. Secondly, you seem to characterize the farming industry as a whole as a profit hungry, do whatever to get ahead, type of business. It's a business, yes, but that's just mean; considering that a **** load of people depend on them. Yes, there are farmers looking to sell meat that you wouldn't really want to eat (for instance, Mcdonald's serves dairy cows that can't produce any more milk or are past their prime). But if your so worried about the health and care of the chicken or cow or lamb or turkey you are eating, there are ways to get meat from properly cared animals. Plus, you said it yourself, you obviously like chicken. Hell, your willing to eat something that isn't even chicken. So your argument goes out the window. There's no real reason why anyone should be vegetarian unless your religion tells you not to. However, if you don't eat something because you don't want to support the black market that it supports [i.e. Shark fin soup] then by all means. But if your doing it for that smug feeling, then I really feel sorry for you.

by the way all this talk of feeling superior to someone for not eating meat or eating meat is stupid.

Talk to me when you've eaten unicorn

Lil' Wiggles strikes again!

BTW, Lamb is the BEST red meat. Hands down.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:01:43 PM by Mr. Jack »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 02, 2008, 02:52:50 AM »
If I don't want to get cancer I should stay in a bubble and eat bugs. It seems like EVERYTHING gives you cancer, so it is better to stay in a premade bubble!

BTW shouldn't this be funhoused?
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 02, 2008, 03:33:09 AM »
If I don't want to get cancer I should stay in a bubble and eat bugs. It seems like EVERYTHING gives you cancer, so it is better to stay in a premade bubble!

BTW shouldn't this be funhoused?

Didn't you hear? Bubbles give you cancer.

There are at least 4 types of wings I like better than traditional buffalo wings, and I feel sorry for all of you that you could only really hope to try one of them (if you ever go to Damon's get wings with the Spicy Sweet & Sour sauce). Two of them are homemade recipes, one of them based off the other, that are primarily Frank's Red Hot and Honey, with various other things in there in smaller amounts. The last is Hot and Honey, one of 63 wing flavors available at a local bar called Chipper's Tavern. All four of them are things I don't dip in anything because the flavor's just so good on it's own.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 03:35:00 AM by insanolord »
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Shift Key

• MISTER HAPPY-GO-LUCKY
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 02, 2008, 04:28:50 AM »
BTW, Lamb is the BEST red meat. Hands down.

The post was awesome until you put your foot in your mouth.

Give me a thick cut of beef (or porterhouse steak or T-Bone steak if we're being specific) and BBQ it up medium-rare with a bit of pepper to taste. Or perhaps you Yankees don't know how to BBQ right.

Anything lamb is a distant second to this king of cuts.

BEEf

Offline matt oz

• APPLES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 02, 2008, 10:17:38 AM »
ugh, no one here has a sense of humor.

(which still makes me a better person.)

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 02, 2008, 11:47:04 AM »
Vegetarian? I'm going back to calling you Shirley Manson. To be honest though, I know a girl who is a vegetarian and she has near perfect skin.

Offline EasyCure

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 02, 2008, 12:46:58 PM »
Vegetarian? I'm going back to calling you Shirley Manson. To be honest though, I know a girl who is a vegetarian and she has near perfect skin.

I bet she has a clean colon too.

K-stogi's post was awesome until the lamb part. I've had it, i didnt like it. I wanna try horse meat cuz everyone raves about it but i'm not sure i'd like simply because its tough to chew.

I dont have any fancy chicken places by me so i cant try any thing other than buffalo chicken. Sure i can get lemon chicken but thats more of a meal then a snack like buffalo wings can be. Fried chicken fingers with honey mustard or something on the side isnt as good as some kick ass wings either. No contest there.

oh and Brandogg is right, you gave me flashbacks to all the times i had Dominos with my ex and she'd ask for extra ranch over blue cheese and how it ticked me off.

Oh and this:

[wuote]I even played a prank on one of them, where I tossed a dipping cup full of ranch onto her exposed cleavage and guess what? She lapped it up! Case in point.
[/quote]

is fail because YOU should of been the one lapping it up. Best snack at the movie theatre is popcorn from my gf's cleavage<3

oh and then theres this:

Both of those statements are ridiculous. Fish (and seafood in general) are delicious; sushi especially. Just because "it smells bad" is not an excuse not to AT LEAST try it. Ever smelled pussy? There's not a man in the world that hasn't eaten that.[/b]

had me crackin up at work (now everyone thinks i'm crazy) but i must say, you must be eating the wrong kind if it smells like fish bro ;)

i expect more from a player of your caliber

-wiggles out
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:02:33 PM by Mr. Jack »