Author Topic: "Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to the Internet Thread  (Read 880761 times)

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: "Hey I'm new!" Official Introduce Yourself to the Internet Thread
« Reply #1675 on: October 19, 2008, 07:23:48 PM »
Thanks for the welcome!

Secret of Mana is definitely a game I'm looking to pick up. I'm probably going to pick it up as a SNES cart, rather than a VC download. Since the SNES is my all time favorite system, I'm trying to collect the games I want by the actual cart (also to save room on my wii storage). Though, when I bought Chrono Trigger off of ebay, only to have it announced for the DS a week later kind of made me second guess the whole original cart deal. It's great that SOM is finally available to download, though.

I didn't know Tales was coming out this year until I read the message boards here. I never got to play the first one, and I can't seem to find it at my gamestop. It's on my list of games to check out. De Blob looks like a great game to play. I think I'll rent it first, but I think it looks like a quality game.

When I play Brawl, I'll often go to the my music area and listen to the songs for awhile. Galaxy also has some amazing songs on it. Have you been to ocremix? I tend to go there a lot for remixes.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1676 on: October 19, 2008, 07:35:41 PM »
I recommend looking for Tales of Symphonia at pawnshops or Ebay.I don't use Ebay but I heard it is a good place to find hard to find things.
With De Blob I recommend you look for Mr.Jack's review.

Yes I go to OCremix a lot.When I am not discussing games here or bringing news here I go listen to a lot of music there.

Since you are into music I have to ask. Are you going to get Wii Music tomorrow?
« Last Edit: October 19, 2008, 07:51:30 PM by Maxi »
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: October 19, 2008, 08:10:09 PM »
Ebay's not so bad. Though, sometimes the stuff you get from there can reek of smoke or be of questionable quality. I haven't been burned from buying games, that mostly comes from buying equipment.

As far as Wii Music goes, while I'm not picking it up tomorrow, my position has really lightened on it. At first I thought it wasn't that great of an idea, but after seeing some videos and reading some more about it, I think it's more of a Mario Paint style of fun. I'll want to rent it, and if I like it I might pick it up. They get some cool points for putting in an F-zero track.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

"So, Mike, no skydiving Grandma, huh? Man, they lead you up to something great, and then they just shoot it down. Stupid grandma-leaver-outers" - Tom Servo

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1678 on: October 19, 2008, 08:50:45 PM »
Well I am glad that you have a different outlook on Wii Music.

Hmm what other types of games do you like?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Bill Aurion

• NWR Forum Loli
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: October 19, 2008, 09:31:14 PM »
You'll stay for more than a week, right?  Don't be like those "other guys"...or else!

Welcome, and enjoy yourself, no matter how long you end here... ='D
~Former Resident Zelda Aficionado and Nintendo Fan~

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: October 19, 2008, 10:28:25 PM »
"Other guys" as in people who post only for a few days and disappear? I'm not planning on it. I like how everything's set up here.

It's amazing how controversial Wii Music is. I wonder how it would've been received if Nintendo did a better job with showing how to play it. I think all the hate comes from people just looking to trash something.

As far as other games I enjoy, I've been a lifelong fan of platformers. I enjoy all of Mario's (though I haven't played Sunshine). I think Mario Brothers 3, World, and Galaxy are some of the greatest games ever made. Also enjoy Sonic, Donkey Kong Country, Yoshi's Island, and Sparkster.

While I almost always play with a guide for them, I love the Metroid series. The 2D ones are a bit better, but the Prime series takes Metroid in a cool direction. Zelda's fun as well, but I haven't completed any of them (except the first one).

I could go on and on, but I'll try to keep it short. Other games I enjoy are:
Brawl/Melee
Animal Crossing
Some Shmups (even though I'm not great at them. Geometry Wars: Galaxies is amazing)
Mario Party (another favorite to play with my wife)
Wario Ware
Tetris Attack
Castlevania
Tekken
Megaman
Jet Set Radio

I know that's a lot of Nintendo first party stuff. That's what I could come up with off the top of my head. I'm trying to add a little variety, but I have to watch what I spend. The RFN Podcast has been a help with that. I got Geometry Wars: Galaxies for the DS from their recommendations. What are your favorite genres/games?
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1681 on: October 19, 2008, 11:37:52 PM »
Hmmm my favorite genres from most fave to least fave are RPG's, Platformer, New Ideas,Adventure,3d fighters,2d fighters, racers,Arcade sports,3rd person shooters, FPS, Puzzle, and Finally Sim sports.

My favorite games are The Legend of Zelda:LTTP,Links Awaking,Windwaker. The only Zelda games I have not beat is the first 2 on the Nes,Majora's Mask, and the Oracle games.
Do you have the Zelda Collection? That would be a good place to start with the Zelda games.

The Mario games I like are Galaxy, world,3 are my favorites in that series. With Metroid my only experience with them was Super Metroid,and the Prime Trilogy.
My favorite Rpgs are Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia Legends, SMRPG, I like the Paper Mario Series. Out of those I like The Thousand Year Door, The Mario and Luigi series: my favorite is Super Star Saga and there is going to be a third in the series on the DS.

The Fighters I like are Weapon based fighters like Soul Calibur 2 and Samuri Shodown, SF2 and the Smash Brothers series.
Racers I like fun racers like Mario Kart and Futurestic ones like F-Zero.

I wasn't a fan of shooters in the past but the Wiimote changed my opinion of them.

Most of my favorite games are first party but out of third party I like RE4, Megaman 9,3,2,4, castlevania 3 and Aria of Sorrow, Ninja Gaiden on the NES. Sonic 2 and 3.Secret of Mana.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline TofuFury

• Made you look!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: October 20, 2008, 12:24:07 AM »
Yeah, I forgot to mention the Soul Calibur series. Looks like we like a lot of the same games.
TheNorthSea/TofuFury

Offline Gylldas

• View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: November 13, 2008, 10:40:06 PM »

The Mario games I like are Galaxy, world,3 are my favorites in that series. With Metroid my only experience with them was Super Metroid,and the Prime Trilogy.
My favorite Rpgs are Tales of Symphonia and Skies of Arcadia Legends, SMRPG, I like the Paper Mario Series. Out of those I like The Thousand Year Door, The Mario and Luigi series: my favorite is Super Star Saga and there is going to be a third in the series on the DS.

I <3 Skies of Arcadia!

And yay for not posting in this topic since registering 2 years ago!  Peeps may or may not recognize me but I started posting way back when smash dojo started doing updates.  Oh the memories...waiting in anticipation for Brawl.  I also was in the last mafia but poor Rover got sent out to the pound on day 2.  What fun.  I don't really post a lot per say but I try to have a good time and stay active.  Right now I'm looking forward to picking up the new Tales of Symphonia and am also watching the new Tales of the Abyss anime (hence the new avatar.  Tear = <3)

Also, if anyone's up for playing a game sometime I have Brawl, MKart, Endless Ocean, and Mario Strikers for Wii and Soul Calibur, Hot Shots Golf, and Wipeout for PS3.  Just drop me a PM.
Wii #: 4257-3057-1441-3307   MKart: 2578-3513-8937
Brawl: 4468-0638-0667           City Folk: 4296-6475-9060(Mike/Seacrest)

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1684 on: November 13, 2008, 10:59:12 PM »
Yeah I have to replay Skies after I am done with TOS2.

Welcome. 2 years after the fact. I am sure everybody had your enthusiasm leading up to the release.I have Brawl,Mario Kart Wii and Samba De Amigo.I will let you know if I want to play.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: December 08, 2008, 06:23:36 PM »
Hi!

Hooray Newbies! That's me, a newbie.

Well, since I created this account four years ago, technically I'm not a newbie. But since I practically never poasted, I figured I should introduce myself.

I'm Mop_it_up.

My main gaming interest is of course Nintendo. I have an original PlayStation but it rarely sees any action, other than a few beatdowns with a bat. Despite its failings, my favourite system is probably the Nintendo 64.

I am endlessly obsessed with Mario and related material. I'll try my best not to mention Mario in topics where it doesn't belong.  :)

Well, that's it for me.
Cheers!
« Last Edit: March 17, 2009, 03:40:57 AM by Mop_it_up »

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1686 on: December 08, 2008, 06:48:00 PM »
Welcome Myron 4 years after the fact.What types of games do you like?
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline D_Average

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: December 09, 2008, 11:13:57 AM »
Welcome!

But why did you ignore us the last four years?
Don't hate me, hate the money I see, clothes that I buy
Ice that I wear, clothes that I try....

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: December 09, 2008, 11:49:55 AM »
cuz he's seen the funhouse.
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: December 17, 2008, 02:54:22 AM »
I didn't ignore this forum, I just kind of forgot that I created an account here. Perhaps there is some sort of trial I can undertake in order to achieve forgiveness?

As for your question Maxi, there are many types of games that I like. It's easier to list the types of games I don't like so much: fighting, sports, and RPG. I'm not into the head-to-head competition of fighting games, nor do I like games with complex button combos. Simulation sports games I tend to find dull and bland; a sports game needs a twist to interest me, such as in NFL Blitz or the Mario spin-offs. RPGs progress too slowly and take too long to complete to remain interesting, although I like some of the old-school RPGs like Chrono Trigger, Mario RPG, and of course Earthbound.

Beyond that I pretty much like everything. So long as a game isn't technically broken, like overrun with glitches, controls problems and such, there's a good chance I'd enjoy it on some level.

As I said before, I have a "healthy" obsession with the Mario series, so anything with Mario and company in it is pretty much a must-own. I know that some people hated on the GameCube because of the abundance of Mario games, but to me it seems such people are just blind to the awesomity of Mario. :)

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: December 18, 2008, 10:04:34 AM »
You want us to forgive you???

Hm... start a new HAWTNESS thread ;)
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline Justin Nation

• Programmer, Senior Editor, Daddy
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
    • MAMEiac Gaming
« Reply #1691 on: December 18, 2008, 10:30:16 AM »
I suppose I could be counted as new but old but new... but aside from a few people I was truly terrified to STILL see are posting after many years we'll see how trying out a comeback may feel.
  • With the kids and wife I love playing the LEGO games, Wario Ware, Mario Kart Wii, Mario Party and Cooking Mama.
  • On my own Mario Galaxy and getting all of the stars was bliss, Metroid got a bit tedious but was rewarding and Zelda was... Zelda. Also really enjoy Guitar Hero though when I picked it up I thought I was taking a risk.
  • Still haven't had a chance to rent Wii Music, a title I thought when I originally heard of it would be great and now sounds like something I'd rather not get a bad taste in my mouth over but will try because that's how I am...
  • Finally got into the Advance Wars series on a long trip and was surprised how hardcore a little strategy game could be.
  • Most gaming I do tends to be on the PC (since the TV is communal and often occupied) and with the kids around I tend to play quicker stuff, regularly playing PopCap or Reflexive games. When I get the time though I am 60 hours into Fallout 3 and STILL loving every moment of it, enjoy Spore for some more whimsical fun, load up Team Fortress 2 when I need a multi-player fix, and STILL will play Civilization 4 on a very regular basis.
So hello to the current Forum regulars, whoever you are. Hope to see some old faces pop up like mine, missing what used to be. Also look forward to irritating an entire new generation of people... it is what I miss most.
Justin Nation
Resident Dinosaur, Occasional Contributor, Daddy
MAMEiac Gaming
Administrator, The Nintendo Switch Fan Community (Facebook Group)
"People are stupid"

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: December 18, 2008, 12:08:36 PM »
Well, I think I was just a lurker when you were around before, but I remember you. Welcome back!

Advance Wars is a great series, and I actually liked the "dark/mature" change that came with Days of Ruin. Great for short bursts of portable, strategic butt-kicking. And you can't go wrong with the amount of content they pack into every game. WIN.
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Justin Nation

• View Profile
    • MAMEiac Gaming
« Reply #1693 on: December 18, 2008, 12:15:41 PM »
Short bursts?!? Pshew, I've been able to play through one battle for the entire time my daughter is in gymnastics at an hour with the battle I'm on. Early battles were good and dirty, but where I'm at now it is an all-out war and drags out. Well, or maybe I just suck at these battles.  :P:
Justin Nation
MAMEiac Gaming
"People are stupid"

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: December 18, 2008, 12:25:12 PM »
Well, more like, you can stop anytime you want and resume play later really easily.

Yeah, it's not that you suck – especially those later battles can get pretty involved. :P
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline Justin Nation

• View Profile
    • MAMEiac Gaming
« Reply #1695 on: December 18, 2008, 12:31:57 PM »
Ah, saving, true... only problem is my being old and returning to the game usually only once a week makes saving interesting as I can't remember what damn fool plan I had at the time.  :D
Justin Nation
MAMEiac Gaming
"People are stupid"

Offline BeautifulShy

• View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #1696 on: December 18, 2008, 01:21:27 PM »
Hey Justin I am one of the new posters.Although I have been here since Jan 10th.Enjoy your time here.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Offline White Mage

• View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: December 19, 2008, 12:03:52 PM »
Heyo, I'm fairly new as well.  I've been lurking for years now since around '04 I believe.  I had some other account name but forgot all about it and probably only posted twice back then.  I've been posting in other threads and forums more recently, but figured I better introduce myself here if I didn't already way back in the day.  Not sure why I never really posted before.  Intimidation maybe?  Uncle Bob's nipple picture from a while back?  Fear of sounding like an idiot when I would post?  I dunno, probably a combo of all of those.

But, really enjoy the community here and the "interesting" conversations/debates that take place.  Lots of strong views but with the smarts to back it up - what more could you ask for in a forum?
Wii Code:  5059 7465 0039 6632
The Conduit: 1419 7264 9585
AC: City Folk 0388 2629 6780 | Name: Matthew | Town: Adatopia

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #1698 on: December 19, 2008, 12:12:18 PM »
Hi.  I'm Harleen.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline jrlibrarian

• Small Staff
  • Score: 6
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: December 23, 2008, 09:47:50 PM »
Hey everyone! *waves*

My name's Jay. I'll try to not be "one of those other guys" and dissapper by New Year's, although I might not be on every day. I'm working towards getting a Wii, and I currently have a DS. I may get a WiFi USB thing so I can play with all of you!

Games I like/have right now

Yoshi's Island DS
Animal Crossing: Wild World
New Super Mario Bros.
Zelda: Phantom Hourglass
Zelda: Link to the Past (GBA)
Zelda: Minish Cap (GBA)
Mario Kart DS

I hope to be talking and playing with all of you very soon!
I am a leaf on the wind, watch how I soar.