NWR Interactive > Podcast Discussion

RFN RetroActive Game Nominations

<< < (89/115) > >>

leahsdad:

--- Quote from: guitardeth3 on September 29, 2011, 12:06:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: leahsdad on September 28, 2011, 06:05:28 AM ---
--- Quote ---I nominate Resident Evil Zero.
--- End quote ---

I nominate that we never, ever choose Resident Evil 0.

I played this game, okay.  There are no inventory chests!  Seriously, think about that for a second, think about your experiences with this series, and what it means when there are no inventory chests whatsoever.

Yes, exactly that messed up.

--- End quote ---
Think back to my experience with this series? To tell you the truth I just started this series recently( I know that sounds ridiculous with how popular the franchise is) and I've started with zero(No,I didn't nominate it because I'm playing it)

--- End quote ---

Okay...in your best interests, I would tell you to stop playing this game, sell it back to gamestop or whatever.  If you've never played a Resident Evil game ever, it won't seem that bad.  If you have, you will want to kill someone.  Someone not a zombie. Someone responsible for designing that game. 

A lot of people tend to crap on the pre-RE4 games, and a lot of that criticism is deserved, but they're not horrible games.  They're okay games, with eye-candy cutscenes and horrible controls. 

guitardeth3:

--- Quote from: leahsdad on September 30, 2011, 03:04:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: guitardeth3 on September 29, 2011, 12:06:05 AM ---
--- Quote from: leahsdad on September 28, 2011, 06:05:28 AM ---
--- Quote ---I nominate Resident Evil Zero.
--- End quote ---

I nominate that we never, ever choose Resident Evil 0.

I played this game, okay.  There are no inventory chests!  Seriously, think about that for a second, think about your experiences with this series, and what it means when there are no inventory chests whatsoever.

Yes, exactly that messed up.

--- End quote ---
Think back to my experience with this series? To tell you the truth I just started this series recently( I know that sounds ridiculous with how popular the franchise is) and I've started with zero(No,I didn't nominate it because I'm playing it)

--- End quote ---

Okay...in your best interests, I would tell you to stop playing this game, sell it back to gamestop or whatever.  If you've never played a Resident Evil game ever, it won't seem that bad.  If you have, you will want to kill someone.  Someone not a zombie. Someone responsible for designing that game. 

A lot of people tend to crap on the pre-RE4 games, and a lot of that criticism is deserved, but they're not horrible games.  They're okay games, with eye-candy cutscenes and horrible controls.

--- End quote ---
I can't sell it because it's my older brothers property(he got the good and evil pack a long time ago).It's too late to stop playing because I beat it yesterday.I'm about to move on to the first resident evil  so I should see all the design flaws you've pointed out in zero.though I confess the controls are crappy in the old games they really don't bother me too much.I mean pulling out your gun points you at enemies automatically.The worst experience I have is  running into a wall from time to time.

adadad:
The problem with RE0 in my experience was that it wasn't scary at all. The design and mechanics are almost identical to the other games in the series, it just lacks any tension whatsoever. The remake of the first game, on the other hand, is TOO scary, so bad that I couldn't get through it. Playing RE2 on the PS1 currently is a good compromise.

Nbz:

--- Quote from: Da Jarvis on September 29, 2011, 12:01:24 AM ---Yo guys, there is a lot great stuff here, but I am kind of dissapointed with the lack of portable games on list :( . Since Most of you guys haven't played the first Fire Emblem, I think that might a good one to consider for a Retro Active Discussion. Perhaps you guys should theme this one around solid portable titles, or possibly some missed DS games that not a lot people picked up like Radient Historia or something along the lines of that. I would love to join this Retro Active (would be my first one), but between work and school, unless it's going to be one a Portable, I don't think I will have time to join, especially if it's something like Wind Waker or one of the longer RPGs. I know it's a personal mater and it really doesn't play a facter in your choices, but I would like to hear your thoughs on a exclusive and unique portable game other then Mother 3.

--- End quote ---

I would definitely agree with the suggestion of the first GBA Fire Emblem, though finding a copy may be difficult/expensive. But yeah, I think it would be a great game for retroactive and a discussion that I would find really interesting considering my love of the series and that game in particular.

Lithium:

--- Quote from: adadad on September 30, 2011, 10:10:35 PM ---The problem with RE0 in my experience was that it wasn't scary at all. The design and mechanics are almost identical to the other games in the series, it just lacks any tension whatsoever. The remake of the first game, on the other hand, is TOO scary, so bad that I couldn't get through it. Playing RE2 on the PS1 currently is a good compromise.

--- End quote ---

I agree, the crimson heads would always scare the crap out of me, I always made sure to have my lighter and fuel on me to burn the corpses before that could happen. Lisa Trevor was pretty creepy too.
anyways people give pre-re4 games crap but I actually enjoyed REmake when i played it. I don't remember hating RE0 but i do remember never finishing it, so i guess i didn't like it as much as REmake

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version