Author Topic: Former Nintendo Partner Acquired By iRacing Developer  (Read 1163 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Former Nintendo Partner Acquired By iRacing Developer
« on: January 04, 2022, 06:49:00 AM »

In about a decade and a half they went from Super Sandwich to super speedways.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/59311/former-nintendo-partner-acquired-by-iracing-developer

An old friend of Nintendo has been acquired by the developer of one of the most well known simulators in racing.

Minnesota-based Monster Games have been acquired by iRacing Motorsports Simulations, the makers of the iRacing simulation that covers multiple formats of racing including stock cars, open wheel (IndyCar / Formula 1), and rally racing. iRacing was actually used in lieu of track racing by multiple organizations during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic in the spring of 2020.

Monster Games was a development partner of Nintendo's beginning with Wii launch title Excite Truck and following with 2009's Excitebots: Trick Racing. They moved into a support role at Nintendo after that, most famously porting Xenoblade Chronicles to New 3DS as one of the few exclusive titles for the revised hardware. In recent years, they returned to their roots as a racing developer, producing four games under the NASCAR Heat banner and a pair of titles from former multiple-time NASCAR champion Tony Steward for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
Re: Former Nintendo Partner Acquired By iRacing Developer
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2022, 03:32:14 PM »
"Wit launch title?"

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2022, 03:46:59 PM »
"Wit launch title?"

The Wit was a console Nintendo released around the same time as Wii. It was exactly the same except the branding. It's a collectors item. Very rare. They only made 42 of them. I saw one go on ebay for $9000 dollars.
The terrible thing about it was it only played Wit branded games, and there was only one of them Wit sports.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2022, 03:48:46 PM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2022, 06:48:37 PM »
I was wondering if they'd ever make a new game for Nintendo again and I s'pose this confirms they won't. A shame, as Excitebots is still one of the best racing games ever conceived.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2022, 09:32:13 PM »
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 05, 2022, 04:03:21 PM »
Such wit! Such bravado! Surely the NWR forums are the greatest place to be on the Internet.