Author Topic: Mafia LXV: Super Smash Bros. for Mafia. Day 2. Yoshi's Island.  (Read 18094 times)

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
Mafia LXV: Super Smash Bros. for Mafia. Day 2. Yoshi's Island.
« on: February 10, 2015, 01:40:12 AM »
Ah welcome back for day 2 of our interview. As you may notice lucarioIkefan99 is now longer with us. I'm afraid he was just too weak in our testing for balance among fighters. Plus, I realized we've got a lot of Fire Emblem townie characters already and I'd like to try and fit in Baby Mario as a fighter in this game and get some more Mushroom Kingdom characters represented.

But don't feel too bad about Ike. I understand he's already found a great way to make money on the internet

I've decided to give Roy from Fire Emblem another chance though. But I cut Lucario from the game. Which is no big deal. No uses him anyways as there are better fighter options and I'll release Mewtwo making him irrelevant.

Some people wonder how I choose characters for each Smash game. One person hypothesized that it might be by this method...

.. and they were right! I find that gets the best results. I'm even thinking of making a game of that for the NWR forums but maybe with words instead of music and chairs.

But I've gotten myself distracted again. Let me show you another returning stage. I know some players want new stages but I like to keep reusing older ones in the hopes that they will work this time or finally become popular with the gaming public. Or in the case of this one, Yoshi's Island, I chose it because I know that somewhere out there is a gamer by the username Insanolord who doesn't like Super Mario World very much so I like to keep using this stage instead of making one for Super Mario Bros. 3. I've even made a Mushroom Kingdom and Mushroom Kingdom II stage but skipped 3 in Melee just to further rub it into him.

Doesn't it look great?

But what I truly love about this stage is the music. Especially the Melee version of Yoshi's Island.

I'm just going to hoedown all day to this song. You start to get tired of it after the first hour then really rage by hour 2 but by hours 3 - 35 you've gone mad and this song is your world. I love it. 36 hours straight is too much so I'll turn it off by then.

Why don't you grab a controller and try a couple matches? I'll take Dr. Mario. Ah man. I love Dr. Mario. Did I tell you about the internet's reaction when I announced Dr. Mario would return? Classic. I slept like a baby that night. I think I taught "the fans" a lesson.

What a minute? Where is Dr. lolmonade Mario? He's missing from the game? The game just keeps saying player 14 defeated when I click on where his icon should be? Which of you code monkeys has messed up? Great. Now I'm going to have to add Blood Falcon to this game just to keep the roster number up. Oh well. It's not like he was a good doctor anyways. He couldn't even protect himself from any hits from the home run bat with his "doctor's sheet." I guess I'll just be Bowser Jr. for now instead.

Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia LXV: Super Smash Bros. for Mafia. Day 2. Yoshi's Island.
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 01:41:03 AM »
Announcements:

Yeah, this story is weak. But it's still better than the Subspace Embassy. Zing!

Results:

Lucariofan99 (Townie) - Death by Vote
lolmonade (Doctor) - Death by Mafia

The race is on and the townies are falling all over themselves at the starting line. Good job. The mafia has an early lead now.

Voting will end at Midnight EST.

I'm still not sure how much info I should give out on items but I'll continue to be generous and state that with lolmonade being hit by the mafia, he took his item of the Isabelle Assist trophy to the grave with himself. Thus, you no longer have to worry or learn about that item. 1 down. 14 to go.

Hey! I'm all caught up. Story and rules are all posted! I'm a big host now! If only the rest of the players would catch up with choosing a character and then possibly posting a funny image or joke with that character as well to really send this game into the next level. I can only do so much hosting two games at once while posting reviews of Oscar nominated films.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 01:48:35 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 01:51:44 AM »
Dang it...the doctor?  Seriously!!!

Question:  Will we get to know if an item was picked up?  If so will we know which item?  Or who got it?

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 01:56:57 AM »
"I'm even thinking of making a game of that for the NWR forums but maybe with words instead of music and chairs."

Next round of Don't Say the Magic Word...throw the words out there and have 1 less word than players. 
Players never know when the words will go live for the round, so you have to be fast and visit the page frequently...of course there is still the bomb...so you would have 2 deaths each day.... 

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 01:58:11 AM »
Question:  Will we get to know if an item was picked up?  If so will we know which item?  Or who got it?

Good questions! What do the rules say?

Will the host reveal which player gets an item and what the item is at the start of each new day?

No. There are only a couple cases where an item would be revealed such as if a player has the poison mushroom and is already given two votes against to start the day. That's needed voting information. In most cases, the item will be left a mystery until a player decides to use it. Then the players will be informed of the items use and any effects it may have on the game for the rest of that day. In a couple cases like the Freezie or Starman, the use of that item won't even be revealed until the next day's story although the items effects will still occur during the day it is used.

I feel that with players having knowledge of the items assigned to them, it is their choice whether they want to reveal who will get what if they die or stay silent or lie and bluff. Like I say, there could be more strategy with this new element.

I'm way ahead of you all now. You thought I was behind but that was just a trick to get you to all slow down and now you're all trying to catch up.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 02:13:31 AM »
Hey Sakurai! Does this mean I can rejoin the battle? I've been practicing my wave-dashing!
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2015, 02:24:12 AM »
Possibly. Nintendo is always on the look-out for a limited edition Amiibo they can release to market to drive fan nuts after all the years the fans have driven them nuts. You'd definitely make a splash in that regard.

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2015, 03:12:52 AM »
Hey Sakurai! Does this mean I can rejoin the battle? I've been practicing my wave-dashing!

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2015, 06:31:15 AM »
FINAL SMASH

Vote Spak
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:53:13 PM by Hypotheliciously »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2015, 07:24:45 AM »
The Zapper, tool of the just and worthy, understands that Hypotheliciously cannot have a Smash Ball to use his Final Smash. For even if he is carrying one, the rules state you may only use the items you earn from voting out other players. As former-Stogi did not vote in yesterday's thread, he does not have a usable Smash Ball.

Yup!

The dog snickers and points to the post above Hypotheliciously.

The Zapper begins to point to Hypotheliciously. The reticule closes in.

Vote Hypotheliciously

Yup!

The duck quacks suspiciously in Pichu's direction.

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2015, 08:53:44 AM »
Yuck!  Voting a townie out isn't surprising given the odds, but also having the Doctor hit by the Mafia?

And seriously, Doctor Mario was the Doctor?  Was that decided randomly or at least before roles were selected, or was it an actual choice?

Let's all take a few minutes to meditate together and do some yoga, look over old posts and re-center, while trying to come up with a better result (no townies) today.
NNID: ejamer

Offline decoyman

• is a raging alcoholic (and Moppy's #1 fan)
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2015, 11:27:10 AM »
Chibi Robo, you are so tiny and cute and stealthy, is it possible you've got some hunches from all your lurking through back alleys and under tables and such?

[ ! ]
              |  /
           [• •]
         "–|  |–"
             ||\__,,

Alright, well let's hear it.

[ unVOTE NuclearSpeed ]
                  |  /
               [• •]
             "–|  |–"
                 ||\__,,
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 08:32:04 PM by decoyman »
Twitter
3DS Friend Code: 3067-7420-5671 (Aaronaut)

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2015, 11:35:22 AM »
Hmm, are you sure? You don't seem very sure. Back to the cleaning with you, Chibi!

[  •]
  /\
  / \   \nn ___
Twitter

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2015, 11:42:28 AM »
I'm so glad you're back in the game Decoyman.

Chibi-Robo forever.

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2015, 12:48:00 PM »
I'm so glad you're back in the game Decoyman.

Chibi-Robo forever.

[ ;D ]
              |  /
           [- -]
         "–|  |–"
             ||\__,,
Twitter

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 12:50:57 PM »
Chibi-Robo are you being threatened? I have just been hiding in my box trying to gather intel and you decide to come after me. There is room in here if you want the protection.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 01:28:54 PM »

[ ;D ]
              |  /
           [- -]
         "–|  |–"
             ||\__,,

So much better than Cliff Clavin......

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 02:09:41 PM »
That's utter bullshit. If that were true, thatguy, then bandwagons would reign supreme. What asshole wrote these rules :D

Offline ejamer

• Does he even know Khushrenada?!?
  • Score: 24
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 02:12:44 PM »
Chibi Robo, you are so tiny and cute and stealthy, is it possible you've got some hunches from all your lurking through back alleys and under tables and such?

[ ! ]
              |  /
           [• •]
         "–|  |–"
             ||\__,,

Alright, well let's hear it.

[ VOTE NUCLEARSPEED ]
                  |  /
               [• •]
             "–|  |–"
                 ||\__,,

So cute, so clean, surely you are trustworthy... but are you sure about NuclearSpeed?

While doing my Sun Salutation and meditating over the posts from yesterday, I feel a strong urge to vote for a player who appears to be dropping clues. It's always fun to look back and see where you announced your intentions... lolmonade (may he rest in peace) and his sole post is a good example in retrospect.

Time for some deep down dog thinking - only a few hours left before I'm off for the night.
NNID: ejamer

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 04:28:10 PM »
Changed  my vote again.. 

Smash Vote: Hypontheliciously

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:45:46 PM by Spak-Spang »

Offline NuclearSpeed

• Cocaine is a hell of a drug
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 05:24:27 PM »
Looking back, I see that thatguy has brought up an interesting point on items. It would seem that someone did pick up an item yesterday since only one was talked about.

Also, hopefully the detective has been detecting and can help save us blundering townies.

Anyone know if i can get pizza delivered to this box?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 05:43:51 PM »
Vote decoyman

You think you're so tough don't you, you tiny little robot thing. Just because you haven't played a game in years doesn't mean I'm going to go easy on you. You won't be playing this one for long either!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:43:41 PM by Mop it up »

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 06:52:54 PM »
Welp...I made a mistake. I didn't read the (rather ridiculous) rules and now I've ousted myself.

As it is right now, THATGUY would be the one to have my Smash Ball.  Ironic because I suspect him the most of being mafia, well him and Spak.

Felt like a champ when I found out what my item could do, which was quickly replaced by shame. So to save my own life and guard my item from thatguy and the mafia, I'll change my vote to VOTE THATGUY.

Join me and save my item from going into the wrong hands.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 11:43:56 PM by Hypotheliciously »

Offline decoyman

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 07:00:24 PM »
Nuclearspeed, does that box employ timelord technology? Becuase if not, I think only Chibi can fit under there (he's tiny).

Mop it up, if you are a townie, I'm impressed with your authentic Pichu role-playing in attempting to vote me out (hurt me while hurting yourself).

Alright, ejamer, I'll cancel out my nuclearspeed vote for now. I'm really not sure who to vote for at this point...
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:03:33 PM by decoyman »
Twitter

Offline Wah

• Social Worker who's hip with the kids
  • Score: -44
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube Channel
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 07:18:49 PM »
Wat? just came back and i'am out day 1?
I see how it is Isanolord u racist...
Made you look ****.