Gaming Forums > General Gaming

NWR Forum Awards

(1/3) > >>

M.K.Ultra:
Hey forum users, you may have seen The Game Awards release their nominations for the current year. Well why let them have all the fun. I say we hold our own awards right here in the forums. I was thinking that each award will be a poll-based topic that folks can vote in (Mods let me know if there is a problem with this). I was going to keep the number of awards small this year to see how it goes. I am thinking of doing it based on the platform e.g., Best Nintendo Game, Best PlayStation Game, Best Xbox game. In addition, we can have a Best Multiplatform game to include everything else. Here is a short list of nominees:

Best Nintendo Game

* Bayonetta 3
* Live A Live
* Triangle Strategy
* Kirby and the Forgotten Land
* Pokémon Legends: Arceus
* Pokémon Scarlet/Violet
* Splatoon 3
* Xenoblade Chronicles 3
* Mario + Rabbids Sparks of Hope
* Nintendo Switch Sports
Best PlayStation Game

* God of War: Ragnorok
* Horizon: Forbidden West
* Stray
* Grand Turismo 7
* The Last of Us - Part 1
* Sifu
* Rollerdrome
Best Xbox Game

* Scorn
* Tunic
* As Dusk Falls
* Immortality
* Pentiment
Best Multiplatform Game

* Elden Ring
* Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II
* Cult of the Lamb
* Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Shredder's Revenge
* Two Point Campus
* FIFA 23
* NBA 2K23
* Overwatch 2
* A Plague Tale: Requiem
* Sonic Frontiers
* Atari 50
* OlliOlli World
* Persona 5 Royale
* Stranger of Paradise: Final Fantasy Origin
* Soul Hackers 2
Don't see a game that you want included? Just reply to this topic and include anything I missed. Also, correct me if any of these did not come out in 2022 or they are in the wrong category. The voting will start early December and run for two weeks. Then we will announce the winners. I hope you can join in the fun!

nickmitch:
Can we add a category for "most backlogged" game? An award for the game we all wished we played but never got around to?

broodwars:
I would also strip Tunic from Xbox and throw it into Multiplatform, considering that game's out on everything now.

I've mostly played backlog games this year, as very few of the "new" games have interested me enough to spin them up so far. To me, this has been a pretty poor year in general.

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: nickmitch on November 26, 2022, 12:33:01 AM ---Can we add a category for "most backlogged" game? An award for the game we all wished we played but never got around to?

--- End quote ---
That's a great idea, but I am not sure what the nominees would be. We could create a regular thread for that and just have people reply with their most backlogged game, or they could mention it in the replies to the other awards?

M.K.Ultra:

--- Quote from: broodwars on November 26, 2022, 01:32:21 AM ---I would also strip Tunic from Xbox and throw it into Multiplatform, considering that game's out on everything now.

--- End quote ---

I agree that Tunic is a multiplatform game, but Xbox has so few games to nominate. Of course, leaving Tunic almost guarantees that it will win that award  :-\

--- Quote from: broodwars on November 26, 2022, 01:32:21 AM ---I've mostly played backlog games this year, as very few of the "new" games have interested me enough to spin them up so far. To me, this has been a pretty poor year in general.

--- End quote ---

That is me every year. I did play at least one game in every category except Xbox this year so I have something to vote for in most cases. Between my backlog and waiting for physical versions to release I usually at least a year behind on most games.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version