Author Topic: Get Your Grub On  (Read 16205 times)

Offline Nick DiMola

• Staff Alumnus
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
    • PixlBit
Re: Get Your Grub On
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2009, 09:32:54 PM »
The "proper" way to eat the stuff is to open the bag and pour the snack mix into your mouth, thus keeping your hands clean while playing. There really isn't anything else notable about it, besides tasting decent.
Check out PixlBit!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2009, 09:40:14 PM »
Oh, Mr. Jack (And Mrs. Jack!?!?) are baked on this stuff now.  What has this website come to?

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2009, 10:02:43 PM »
I recently discovered the joys of daily beef jerky, and bought these Pringles breadstick snacks that are pizza flavored.

So awesome.
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 37
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2009, 10:32:15 PM »
As far as crumbs and powder, I think we're all under the impression that you eat the food like you eat doritos or combos, or something similar.  If that's not the case, I didn't perceive things that way, and you're being a bad shill!  -10 foods for you!

From the very blog post upon which this forum thread is predicated:

The less dubious advantage for gamers is that Gamer Grub comes in a recloseable pouch that lets you pour the food into your mouth without ever touching it. The container works exactly as advertised.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline that Baby guy

• He's a real Ei-Ei-Poo!
  • Score: 379
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2009, 11:13:30 PM »
Well, you didn't expect me to read the whole thing, did you?  I didn't want to get caught under the spell!

But really, I think I mis-comprehended that the first time.  Unless dubious editing took place to try to score more food parcels.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2009, 11:29:32 PM »
I don't know... I avoid touching my input devices with dirty fingers so eating crisps at the PC is right out and these things seem to be pretty fatty too.

This.

You're an idiot if you think drinking Vitamin Water every day will make you healthy. It's just Kool-Aid with unnecessary nutrients, most of which don't absorb well without food.

Research/links to back up this claim?

I can't speak for all the flavors, but I know that guarana variety works as advertised. I can't take energy drinks save for that and Sobe. Both give me a slight energy spike, but without the crashing/rapid heart beat of a Red Bull.

Regardless, if you are a connoisseur of snacks or just need to pick up some calories while out shopping, Gamer Grub is a fine choice.

Soooo... an 8.0?  ;)
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2009, 02:28:56 AM »
So they call potato chips "crisps" in Germany too?

No but they do in England.

Offline RABicle

• Used to be The Finisher
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
    • Pietriots
« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2009, 11:36:49 AM »
When I was in America, I decided that Fry's is the single greatest American innovation ever.
Pietriots  - Post ironic gaming log.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2009, 11:48:50 AM »
It would have been hard for these to be as bad as the initial impression made them seem, but it's good to see they actually turned out good. There is no Fry's locally, though, and ordering snack foods over the internet is a line I don't want to cross.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2009, 12:07:34 PM »
How about Doritos... that you DRINK.

Offline Dan_Doll

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2009, 01:28:08 PM »
Wow, somewhere there is a room full of Gamer Grub P.R. people high fiving each other with sticky, flavor-powdered hands.

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2009, 03:05:13 PM »
The less dubious advantage for gamers is that Gamer Grub comes in a recloseable pouch that lets you pour the food into your mouth without ever touching it. The container works exactly as advertised.

But that requires you to look away from the television, thereby putting you in immediate danger!
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2009, 03:06:52 PM »

But that requires you to look away from the television, thereby putting you in immediate danger!

That's why you need Pro's liquid Doritos, in one of those beer helmets, so you can snack without looking away or even taking your hands off the controller.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2009, 06:41:04 PM »
Wow, somewhere there is a room full of Gamer Grub P.R. people high fiving each other with sticky, flavor-powdered hands.

There's a serious lack of reading comprehension in this thread! Gamer Grub is made by a company called Biosilo, which has exactly one employee, and I'm not sure he'll be 100% thrilled at the article, considering that I call his marketing "ridiculous," the performance claims "dubious," and the food itself "heavily processed." But certainly I gave it a fairer shake than Tycho did, since I actually tasted the stuff before writing about it.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2009, 06:58:11 PM »
Seriously, I think Johnny got addicted to the stuff in the grub, and he's just writing this because they promised him more.  Someone make him detox, please.

I recently watched Robo Cop 2 and the main villain is addicted to a special illegal drug so at the end when he is made into Robo Cop 2.0 his cravings make him snap and go crazy. I pictured Jonny as a Robo Cop and scarfing down gamer grub. A rather funny image.

If my friend and I hit up Fry's I might grab one out of curiosity.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Smash_Brother

• Let me show you my poké-balls
  • Score: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2009, 02:45:59 PM »
Eh, I wouldn't necessarily call MSG "safe"...

http://www.truthinlabeling.org/Proof_BrainLesions_CNS.html

I've always been highly allergic to it, as has my mother. But even my friends who can consume it without much issue will get head/stomach aches in sufficient amounts. It is essentially a neurotoxin as it's job is to overstimulate the taste buds to "fake" enhanced flavor.

This says nothing to your enjoyment of the snack. If you like it, enjoy. Just saying that until they come out with an organic version (and there's debate to whether or not that's safe either), it won't be something I can partake in.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 02:49:32 PM by Smash_Brother »
"OK, first we need someone to complain about something trivial. Golden or S_B should do. Then we get someone to defend the game, like Bill or Mashiro. Finally add some Unclebob or Pro666 randomness and the thread should go to hell right away." -Pap64

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2009, 02:54:20 PM »
I heard that some newer research came out that says MSG is actually OK for you. Thouhg it could have been specifically regarding cancer. I don't remember the details. Either way it's probably better to avoid.
My Game Collection

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
  • NWR Staff
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2009, 04:04:39 PM »
MSG is a traditional part of Japanese cuisine and has been used (in its natural forms, primarily seaweed) for at least hundreds if not thousands of years. If you're allergic, that's one thing. Otherwise you're just paranoid.

It's a salt. Eat too much of anything and it's bad for you. Sure, there's too much MSG in the modern diet, but it's doing less harm than many other things used in excess.
THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

• HI I'M CRAZY
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2009, 04:44:44 PM »
Like video games.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2009, 05:29:58 PM »
Like video games.

MSG=Videogames in Japan confirmed.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 26, 2009, 05:36:51 PM »
Everything's bad for you! Everything causes cancer!

Sometimes I wish I didn't need to eat to live...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 26, 2009, 05:46:04 PM »
Everything's bad for you! Everything causes cancer!

Sometimes I wish I didn't need to eat to live...

But there are so many wonderful foods to enjoy! Like pizza ;D
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 26, 2009, 05:49:05 PM »
Yeah but that's bad for you too. You always hear about what's bad but it seems like there's not much discussion on what is good for you. And the stuff that is advertised as being "healthy" is often ridiculously expensive. I don't even know what's going on with the whole "organic" buzzword because I've always thought all food is organic...

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 26, 2009, 05:54:12 PM »
Yeah but that's bad for you too. You always hear about what's bad but it seems like there's not much discussion on what is good for you. And the stuff that is advertised as being "healthy" is often ridiculously expensive. I don't even know what's going on with the whole "organic" buzzword because I've always thought all food is organic...

Organic means that no chemicals or pesticides were used in the ground or on the plants when they were growing. The idea is that those chemicals get on and in the food and thusly you consume the chemicals which can be damaging to your body. That is the gist of the organic movement. There is an 'organic organization' in California that will certify things as organic which concerned people can turn to.

My Mom is getting into the organic thing.
My Game Collection

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 26, 2009, 05:59:23 PM »
Organic means that no chemicals or pesticides were used in the ground or on the plants when they were growing.
I just looked it up. It doesn't necessarily mean that absolutely no chemicals are used, just less chemicals. So you aren't even safe there.

I guess I'll just have to grow my own food...