Author Topic: The "What DS game should I get thread?"...thread  (Read 9537 times)

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
Re: The "What DS game should I get thread?"...thread
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2009, 11:00:13 PM »
Ba da Bump bish!

Crispy Gamer gives their picks.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2009, 11:46:13 PM »
Bumping this thread since its the summer season, that means more time for meaty RPG/SRPGS! Thinking about getting some, but as usual, there's so much to pick..

So for the next couple of posts, put your top 10 RPG/SRPG's. Yes, The World Ends With You has been taken into consideration but I'd like to know what else is there, mainstream and obscure alike.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
« Reply #27 on: May 28, 2009, 01:10:15 AM »
What RPG's/SRPG's do you have?
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline rbtr

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 28, 2009, 03:53:52 AM »
My RPG picks, trying to avoid the obvious ones.

Super Robot Taisen Og Saga:Endless frontier  Just picked this up myself, is very awesome so far.  The battle system is very unique, and hard to explain, it's almost a fighting game, it's very similar to the paper mario games, but more awesome.  So far the story is pretty interesting, has Stargate-esque portals, and lots of fanservice BREASTS

Contact  One of my favorite DS games, maybe you've overlooked it.  It's an action RPG sort of, plays like an MMO almost.  You get different costumes, which means different skill sets, an active sort of leveling up system (if you get hit your defense goes up, use swords and you sword skill gets better, etc.).  Has, in my opinion, one of the best stories in a video game ever.  It's a Grasshopper Studios game, with a story written by Suda 51, and great music.  It's short (maybe 12 hours your first time), but It's pretty cheap used these days I think.  I've played it every year since its release (So twice I guess...)

Lunar Knights  ARPG, A very fun spiritual sequel to Boktai.  Has two characters, a melee weapons fighter, and a gun slinger.  The story is a little saturday morning, but the isometric dungeon crawling is very fun.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 28, 2009, 11:25:32 PM »
On the DS? None  :o

Thanks for the suggestions rbtr, I'll look into those.
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline NWR_DrewMG

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 19
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2009, 09:38:39 AM »
Zap, I was a big Tecmo Bowl fan back in the day, and really looked forward to Kickoff, but really didn't like it once I had my hands on it.  It feels very very slow, like you're playing underwater.  There were better Tecmo Bowl games after Super Tecmo Bowl, and it's hard to regress from that. 

As for other DS games (I don't play many RPGs or SRPGs) here's my list.  I'll try to keep it to games that haven't been mentioned yet.

Space Invaders Extreme - a great update of a classic, with a neat gameplay-integrated soundtrack, and pretty intense action.

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows - I picked this up on a recommendation from Jonny Metts, and it hasn't disappointed.  The combat is a bit repetitive, but the animation and the movement feels like EXACTLY what I want from a Spider-Man game.  It's a 2D MetroidVania style action platformer. 

Retro Game Challenge - A series of brand new retro-style titles.  This game was pretty fun, as long as you have an appetite for 8-bit gaming.

NinjaTown - An action-tower defense style game, where you use Ninjas to defend you town against cookie-recipe thieves.  Really well written, funny strategy game.
Your conversational partner has disconnected.

Offline Djunknown

• HEY! HEY! LISTEN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 11, 2009, 08:28:34 PM »
Para bailar la bumpa...

After this horrible travesty, the lack of DS-ness was unbearable. I went to Craig's list, ebay, hit up my friends for a reasonably priced used DS-lite, but was able to pick up one up at a hobby shop of all places, for $80 bucks just recently.

Sadly, I'll still have to re-buy NSMB and Ninja Town  :'(

Getting this thread back on track, I want to get the people's input on two matters:

A) Top five DS accessories, (best screen protectors, best carrying case, earbuds, etc)
B) Top five DS games of 2009 so far. Yes, Zelda isn't that far off, but I've been missing out for the last few months...

Oh yeah, thanks for the tip DrewMG  8)
Ma ma sa, ma ma coo sa
Ma ma se, ma ma sa,
Ma ma coo sa

Offline vudu

• You'd probably all be better off if I really were dead.
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: -19
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 11, 2009, 09:09:02 PM »
Top 5 of 2009 (so far, in no particular order):

Rhythm Heaven
Henry Hatsworth
Dragon Quest V
Mario & Luigi 3
Professor Layton & The Diabolical Box

Honorable Mentions:

Scribblenauts
Retro Game Challenge
Why must all things be so bright? Why can things not appear only in hues of brown! I am so serious about this! Dull colors are the future! The next generation! I will never accept a world with such bright colors! It is far too childish! I will rage against your cheery palette with my last breath!