Author Topic: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)  (Read 1167411 times)

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
That Ragnarok logo is pretty sweet. Looks like something from the 80s.
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Here is the new Marvel Studios Logo
https://twitter.com/oicruel/status/757025168606789632

That Ragnarok logo is pretty sweet. Looks like something from the 80s.

remember this?

and more new logo

and some final updates from the Marvel Movie panel:

Kurt Russel plays Ego - the living planet

Brie Larson is Captain Marvel
https://twitter.com/jowrotethis/status/757034608881917952

and some bittersweet news
California Adventure is replacing Tower of Terror w/ a Guardians of the Galaxy themed ride*
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9L9ZAdtNZc0&feature=youtu.be

*The audience rightfully boo'd at this piece of news.
I'm just hoping that it becomes the entrance to Marvel Land

and some artwork:
« Last Edit: July 23, 2016, 10:44:33 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
another update to "The List"

Offline Shorty McNostril

• Blue text is gone :(
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
That Doctor Strange trailer looks amazing.  I think this might be a movie I have to break my '2D Only' rule.

Those effects would be so good assuming it's done properly.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It's Feige's baby, so he's very invested in this one turning out perfect.

If your into the Marvel movie, the cast alone should peak your interest. But the visuals are turning Inception and The Matrix up to 15 and then multiplying that the power of 3, and I think that would be worthy of a 3D (IMAX even) experience, since we know that they planned for 3D from the start.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
1. Tom Holland doesn't look 15 years old.

2. I like the new logos.

3. I still don't like Spider-Man Homecoming's logo.

4. I'm glad Marvel finally announced who is playing Captain Marvel. It's my most anticipated Phase Three movie.

5. I was not excited for Luke Cage at all. I felt the same way about Jessica Jones which was only okay though it didn't change my mind about the Luke Cage character or show. The Luke Cage trailer did. That Ol' Dirty Bastard song was perfect.

6. Shame about Most Wanted not getting picked up. Lance Hunter and Mockingbird were two of the best parts of Agents of SHIELD so I thought the premise had potential.

7. Goodness, Agents of SHIELD is painful to watch. What the hell happened? Season Two ended with so much promise.

8. I wonder if Agents of SHIELD's questionable quality had anything to do with Inhumans getting postponed.

9. I'm going to need Marvel Studios to get started on a Daredevil movie.

10. I wonder if Marvel Studios is still holding out hope of bringing Fantastic Four and X-Men home before the end of Phase Three.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
1. Tom Holland doesn't look 15 years old.

but he also doesn't look 30, so that's a plus ;)

2. I like the new logos.

I agree for the most part. The most surprising one being Thor. That 80's Retro look is so Rad!!!
someone made a Genesis Game screen with the new logos, and you wouldn't know if you didn't already know. LOL. But I think I like the original Captain Marvel logo a little better.

3. I still don't like Spider-Man Homecoming's logo.

Also my least favorite of the phase 3 so far.

4. I'm glad Marvel finally announced who is playing Captain Marvel. It's my most anticipated Phase Three movie.

5. I was not excited for Luke Cage at all. I felt the same way about Jessica Jones which was only okay though it didn't change my mind about the Luke Cage character or show. The Luke Cage trailer did. That Ol' Dirty Bastard song was perfect.

The 1st teaser trailer w/ that Nas was also dope. let us know this won't be JJ all over again.
JJ would have been better if it was shorter and focused more on Purple man and his shenanigans.

6. Shame about Most Wanted not getting picked up. Lance Hunter and Mockingbird were two of the best parts of Agents of SHIELD so I thought the premise had potential.

They shouldn't have been written off till the pick-up was a lock. But I'm sure they will find a way to write them back in for the potentially last season.

7. Goodness, Agents of SHIELD is painful to watch. What the hell happened? Season Two ended with so much promise.

I personally didn't think it was that bad, but s2 was a definite peak. hopefully season 4 rights the ship.

8. I wonder if Agents of SHIELD's questionable quality had anything to do with Inhumans getting postponed.

I'm sure that had everything to do with Feige taking over and Inhumans being Perlmutters baby.
Which is how I think AoS was trying to force itself back in... but Feige took over and now AoS continues to be ignored. They should atleast embrace the Netflix shows... and that should have happened from day 1.

9. I'm going to need Marvel Studios to get started on a Daredevil movie.

Just as soon as Feige and Marvel Studios take over the TV department and merges the MCU back into 1 thing again.
I assume that may not be that far away considering how Marvel TV on ABC isn't doing too hot, I'm sure feige has an argument to merge it all under him if he wants it all.

10. I wonder if Marvel Studios is still holding out hope of bringing Fantastic Four and X-Men home before the end of Phase Three.

I don't know about X-Men, but F4 is more likely than anything. and I think we are all holding out hope for that. But if Fox decides to reboot again, I wonder if Marvel will cast the next failed Human Torch in something again?

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
and for anyone wanting to play catch-up on what you could while not actually being at SDCC..

Comic-Con panels:
Guardians of the Galaxy 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEF-Fd2fAG4
Black Panther: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsEQ2LNiG1U
Spider-Man: Homecoming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fEignOVaGUU
Doctor Strange: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MLE17hoQZr4

And Brie Larson's Captain Marvel reveal: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B-hpTdwcmSk

« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 02:16:07 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
gif...

so dope
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

Theres a good Spidey avatar in there.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 12:23:43 AM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
I'm really gonna miss RDJ's Iron Man.
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
RDJ is still Iron Man, they're just not making a fourth Iron Man movie (and there's no need to).

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Did I miss something here?

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Well, his contract is up after Infinity Wars, right?  And doesn't one of the studio execs hate him?  I know he'll be in Spider-Man, but that pic just kinda made me think that they're gonna start down playing Stark a lot.  Though, I'm sure the Iron Man poster is right off camera.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Thought they confirmed an Iron Man 4 was happening and RDJ signed on to it, but it was way down the road?
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
can you tell who's between Ant-Man and Starlord?

and there was no confirmation for IM4 that I know of, but RDJ did say he would be up for it but wanted Mel Gibson to direct. iirc.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
I think it is Rocket. Looks like an animal.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Stogi

• View Profile
Well, his contract is up after Infinity Wars, right?  And doesn't one of the studio execs hate him?  I know he'll be in Spider-Man, but that pic just kinda made me think that they're gonna start down playing Stark a lot.  Though, I'm sure the Iron Man poster is right off camera.

I don't know if he's signed onto anything past infinity wars, so you maybe right. As for the posters though, you could say the same with the Hulk, Thor, etc.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile

I don't know if he's signed onto anything past infinity wars, so you maybe right. As for the posters though, you could say the same with the Hulk, Thor, etc.

supposedly Black Widow is in Spider-man as well... Scarlett has been seen on set during filming at least. but Chris Evans and Hemsworth's contracts are both up after Infinity War as well. RDJ has already shown he's willing to continue playing Stark as long as the money and interest is there (it's not like any of his other projects are paying) and Evans said he's a Marvel for Lyfe'r as long as they'll have him.

I imagine Hemsworth would follow suit, since the most successful thing he's had outside of Thor was Ghostbusters, and I'm not sure that's doing all that hot.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 10:24:03 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
Infinity War is going to be only one movie now.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/29/12330332/marvel-avengers-infinity-war
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
Infinity War is going to be only one movie now.

http://www.polygon.com/2016/7/29/12330332/marvel-avengers-infinity-war

That is in a way false.

There are still 2 movies, they simply won't be Avenger: Infinity War Part 1 and Avengers: Infinity War Part 2

They will instead be something along the lines of
Avengers: Thanos Quest (aka PokeGem Go)
and
Avengers: Infinity War (aka Gotta kill em all)

the Russo brothers actually confirmed a while ago, stating that they will be renaming the movies and that it's not 1 movie split into 2 parts, as that limits the appeal of the 1st of the 2 movies.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 11:55:27 PM by BlackNMild2k1 »

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
The next movie is Avengers: Infinity War, the one after that is going to be a different movie altogether, according to the Russos.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
It's going to be renamed and it will no longer be seen as 1 Infinity War movie told n 2 parts.

I bet it's still the same movies, but it's about perception.
What happened to the last few series that split the last movie into 2 movies?
the 1st part of the 2 movies suffered, as who wants to watch half a movie?

So now it will be considered 2 separate movies for marketing reasons.

Avengers: Infinity War
and
Avengers: Thanos Imperative (because the big bad needs a movie titled after him)

Offline nickmitch

• View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
Re: IT'S MAHVEL BAYBEE!! [OT] for the Marvel Cinematic Universe (Movies & TV)
« Reply #2374 on: August 01, 2016, 12:46:45 PM »
There has to be more of a consequence than that.  A lot of the actors are signed on for one more Avengers movie.  They were getting around that by making one movie into two movies.  If it's now just the one movie and then a separate movie, wouldn't that require new contracts?  Or new Avengers?