Author Topic: Switchmas Eve Rumors and Speculations Thread  (Read 669252 times)

Offline sudoshuff

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Switch Rumors and Speculation Thread (Mighty Switch Force Edition)
« Reply #2550 on: November 17, 2016, 07:34:41 AM »
...but the fact they choose to show a village that screams exploration and a callback to Mario 64 with the spinning heart to me says that's the kind of Mario game this will be closest to.

Boy, I hope that's true.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: November 17, 2016, 04:30:58 PM »
I want a 3D Mario with stages based on the Mario Kart tracks that aren't based on Mario stages (e.g. Music Park, Dragon Driftway)

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2552 on: November 17, 2016, 06:43:49 PM »
I want a 3D Mario with stages based on the Mario Kart tracks that aren't based on Mario stages (e.g. Music Park, Dragon Driftway)

I like this idea.  I really liked how Mario 64 the levels were like mini 3D playgrounds to explore and just have fun in.  If Nintendo took your idea and the Mario 64 formula you could have a lot of fun abstract levels.  Heck, I would keep with the painting theme from Mario 64, and just have players jump into paintings, and the painting might change the texture work.  Really have fun with level design.  They don't even have to be HUGE levels, just something. 

Then Nintendo could do the whole 120 Star thing again, and if you get them...they unlock HD versions of Super Mario 64 same levels but new Stars.  Maybe not all the stars either...maybe 3 per level.

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: November 17, 2016, 06:50:06 PM »

I like this idea.  I really liked how Mario 64 the levels were like mini 3D playgrounds to explore and just have fun in.  If Nintendo took your idea and the Mario 64 formula you could have a lot of fun abstract levels.  Heck, I would keep with the painting theme from Mario 64, and just have players jump into paintings, and the painting might change the texture work.  Really have fun with level design.  They don't even have to be HUGE levels, just something. 

Then Nintendo could do the whole 120 Star thing again, and if you get them...they unlock HD versions of Super Mario 64 same levels but new Stars.  Maybe not all the stars either...maybe 3 per level.

Ooh, I like this thinking.
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: November 17, 2016, 07:33:06 PM »

I think we're getting something like this. The Latin-themed village in the trailer is a good indication. If the NSMB games taught Nintendo anything by the end, I hope it's that Mario needs to push out the aesthetic range of expression after basically stalling post Sunshine tropical theme. Different world world cultures is a good potential hook. Tropical Freeze also deployed this well in a few worlds.

Offline Soren

• Hanging out in the Discord
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: November 17, 2016, 07:34:20 PM »
Emily Rogers teased more Eurogamer rumors coming tomorrow.
My YouTube Channel: SenerioTV

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #2556 on: November 18, 2016, 07:07:35 AM »
Yep. Pokémon Sun and Moon's 3rd version to be Switch exclusive?

Nintendo, you shouldn't have hired additional ninjas this year.

Companion LPVG rumor: Mario / Rabbids crossover RPG on Switch launch day.
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline nickmitch

• You can edit these yourself now?!
  • Score: 82
    • View Profile
    • FACEBOOK!
« Reply #2557 on: November 18, 2016, 11:10:05 AM »
Why are Rabbids still even a thing?
TVman is dead. I killed him and took his posts.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: November 18, 2016, 12:10:06 PM »
Why are Rabbids still even a thing?

Probably for the same reason Minions are a thing.

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: November 18, 2016, 12:45:22 PM »
Isn't there a fairly well-regarded Rabbids cartoon show on the air? I think I saw Brad Neely say that it was one of the better all ages animated series around.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: November 18, 2016, 01:38:11 PM »
I have never played a Rabbids games in my life.  With any Mario crossover the references would go right over my head.

Here's a hint Nintendo: The Nintendo/Square team-up in Super Mario RPG was a dream crossover.  The only people who care about any Ubisoft/Nintendo crossovers work for those companies.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: November 18, 2016, 01:53:21 PM »
I have never played a Rabbids games in my life.  With any Mario crossover the references would go right over my head.

Here's a hint Nintendo: The Nintendo/Square team-up in Super Mario RPG was a dream crossover.  The only people who care about any Ubisoft/Nintendo crossovers work for those companies.

I mean, in an ideal world, if Nintendo/Ubisoft HAD to do a mario crossover, it would at least be Rayman.

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #2562 on: November 18, 2016, 02:48:35 PM »

I highly recommend Rabbids Go Home for the Wii, if you're open to a Rabbids game, Ian. It's a 3D action-platformer where you're Rabbids in a shopping cart.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: November 18, 2016, 03:01:28 PM »

Most of these crossovers are the result of the third party approaching Nintendo.  Right now Nintendo needs all the games they can get for the Switch especially after how barren the Wii U's retail lineup was.  If Ubisoft is willing to make an RPG crossover with Mario, then why should Nintendo have a problem since it's a free game for them?  Hell, maybe someone at Ubisoft saw the negative reaction from Paper Mario fans for what Nintendo has done with that series and got the idea to pitch a turn-based RPG Mario to Nintendo to try and appeal to the bitter Paper Mario fans and they made such a good case Nintendo agreed.

Plus it could also be part of a deal for other games.  Maybe the Beyond Good and Evil 2 rumors about the game being exclusive to the Switch are true and Ubisoft getting to make some kind of Mario crossover was part of the deal in order for Nintendo to have the game as an exclusive.  Sega got to make the Mario/Sonic at the Olympics games because Nintendo wanted Sonic for Smash Bros Brawl.  Sega demanded they get to make a Mario and Sonic crossover in return but Nintendo wasn't going to let Sega mess with any of the main Mario series, so they settled on some Olympic sports game.  Could very well be a similar situation.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Kairon

• T_T
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 48
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: November 18, 2016, 09:18:28 PM »
I have ZERO problems with this new rumor of a Rabbids Mario crossover, especially since it's an RPG. Much better than a Rabbids Mario crossover party game!
Carmine Red, Associate Editor

A glooming peace this morning with it brings;
The sun, for sorrow, will not show his head:
Go hence, to have more talk of these sad things;
Some shall be pardon'd, and some punished:
For never was a story of more woe
Than this of Sega and her Mashiro.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2565 on: November 18, 2016, 10:17:02 PM »

The way I choose to look at it, Nintendo is giving Ubisoft a reason to develop and release a game during the NS launch window. Whereas Ubisoft might be more tentative about dedicating its resources to the Switch, this deal should guarantee them some profit, and I'm sure the handling of this license comes with an agreement that certain other titles be released in a timely manner. I just can't imagine Nintendo freely giving something like this without expecting something else in return, right?

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: November 18, 2016, 10:43:40 PM »
Plus it could also be part of a deal for other games.  Maybe the Beyond Good and Evil 2 rumors about the game being exclusive to the Switch are true and Ubisoft getting to make some kind of Mario crossover was part of the deal in order for Nintendo to have the game as an exclusive. 

I can totally see this being the case. Ubisoft knows having Mario will help sell Rabbids, which have really declined as a IP for them.

Offline ThePerm

• predicted it first.
  • Score: 64
    • View Profile
« Reply #2567 on: November 19, 2016, 01:48:16 AM »
Mario is always chasing after rabbits. The rabbids appeal to me because they are essentially the same as Gremlins. I never played a Rabbids game, but they looked like fun.

I was disappointed when Killer Freaks from outer space became Zombi U.

« Last Edit: November 19, 2016, 01:50:41 AM by ThePerm »
NWR has permission to use any tentative mockup/artwork I post

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: November 19, 2016, 01:36:15 PM »
I'm all for this crossover if it somehow involves Nintendo helping Ubisoft stave off a Vivendi takeover.

Also, Rayman as a secret optional party member.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: November 19, 2016, 05:10:44 PM »
I mean, in an ideal world, if Nintendo/Ubisoft HAD to do a mario crossover, it would at least be Rayman.

well, Rabbids is a Rayman spin-off.
And since Ubisoft it supposedly making it, there always a chance Rayman is in it somewhere.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #2570 on: November 20, 2016, 06:39:02 PM »
another Laura Dale rumor

**not the complete line-up

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: November 20, 2016, 07:11:34 PM »
I'd probably buy enhanced Switch ports of all first party and exclusive titles. It's probably a waste of money even if I get the ports on sale. I'll always remember Wii U fondly, but I have limited TV stand space. Wii U will be a fun collector's item.

Offline Soren

• View Profile
« Reply #2572 on: November 20, 2016, 08:33:57 PM »
I know there's no way that's the complete lineup but 5 ports of Wii U games in the first 6 months is overkill and makes me want to buy the console at launch less than before. I need to see new games and those new games need to be sprinkled in with ports of old stuff.

Offline Spak-Spang

• The Frightened Fox
  • Score: 39
    • View Profile
    • MirandaNew.com
« Reply #2573 on: November 20, 2016, 08:37:02 PM »
Ports are not good, though I understand Nintendo wants to get more money for the investment on some great games that might not have been bought because the Wii U did so poorly. 

However, enhanced ports with 2 more cups in Mario Kart...or 2 new characters in Smash Bros.  Or Splatoon with new weapons, levels, modes of play, that would be fine.  The important thing is to make it valuable for the loyal customer. 

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #2574 on: November 20, 2016, 10:19:06 PM »
Mario, Smash, MarioKart, a giant RPG, and Zelda in one year? Hell yeah.

Pokemon and Pikmin next year? Hell yeah.

All I need now is Metroid.
black fairy tales are better at sports