Author Topic: Safe Words 15 - Fast Food Frenzy. Game Over.  (Read 21675 times)

Offline BeautifulShy

• Shifting my body across the galaxy
  • Score: 79
    • View Profile
    • My streaming page.
Re: Safe Words 15 - Fast Food Frenzy. Round 5.
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2020, 12:27:00 AM »
Subway! Eat Fresh!

I guess that can be an "Extreme Sandwich"
Maxi is dead. I killed him and took his posts and changed genders.
Alexis, she/her/Miss

Quote by Khushrenada in Safe Words 15.
I'm happy with thinking pokepal148 is just eating a stick of butter. It seems about right for him. I don't need no stinking facts.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2020, 10:12:50 AM »
The baby back rib sandwich. Tasty. And safe. Two spots for the Final Four left.

TOPHATANT123 is next up. Can he select one of the remaining safe words and get to the Final Four also?

Wendy's
KFC
Dairy Queen
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline TOPHATANT123

• Wear a hat that's foil lined in case an alien's inclined to probe your butt or read your mind
  • Score: 12
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 31, 2020, 11:55:34 AM »
Again, I'm going to have to go with the only one I know here. Let's see what KFC has in store...

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 31, 2020, 12:59:09 PM »
The Colonel's got a Big Crunch Big Box meal in store. It's finger-lickin' safe.

Well, well. Finally have a round that goes the distance. It comes down to Mop it up. If she gets it right then she's in the Final Four with control of the bomb word. If she's wrong then Insanolord squeaks into another Final Four. How fitting that she'll be choosing between the two more ladylike options:

Wendy's
Dairy Queen

What's it going to be, Mop it up?

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: January 31, 2020, 01:02:48 PM »
Aw man that really stinks.

I have no idea, so I guess I'll guess Wendy's. We'll see if I live to regret this choice as I often do. I guess at least one of those two things will be true.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 31, 2020, 02:09:48 PM »
And God said, "Let Wendy's burn!"

The BnM Method

And lo, Wendy's did burn.

And the flames spread and took out Mop it up as well.

This means Insanolord squeaks into the Final Four and TOPHATANT123 will be choosing the next bomb word.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 31, 2020, 02:48:34 PM »
Sheesh, I'm never going to win one of these!

I guess the true shame here is that Insanolord wins.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 31, 2020, 03:16:54 PM »
You've won Safe Words before.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2020, 03:52:45 PM »
I was sweating there for a bit.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Order.RSS

• Resident Evil 420
  • Score: 32
    • View Profile
Re: Safe Words 15 - Fast Food Frenzy. Round 6.
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2020, 05:31:36 PM »
We should've renamed the funhaus to Stale Foods for this one!

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2020, 06:39:55 PM »
So, I'll talk a bit about this after but I am going to retroactively divide these games up into seasons after the suggestion made in the sign-up thread for this game. Season 1 will consist of games 1 - 10. Season 2 will consist of Games 11 - 15. This game will mark the end of Season 2. This means Stratos will be the points champion of Season 1. ShyGuy who has currently been leading in points will finish 1st in total points for Season 2 no matter how he finishes now. Thus, he will not be denied the impressive record he has racked up of late.

While it may take away from some of the drama knowing that result, there is still the normal drama of who will actually win the current game in question. Let's take a quick look at our Final Four of Safe Words 15.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2020, 06:49:18 PM »
Nickmitch - He started Season2 off strong by winning Safe Words 11. Unfortunately, only odd number games seem to be good for him as he placed 11th in Safe Words 12 and 7th in Safe Words 14. He made it to 3rd in Safe Words 13 and has cracked the Final Four again in this game, Safe Words 15. In Safe Words 11, he was able to outlast ShyGuy who placed 3rd in order to win. But in Safe Words 13, ShyGuy outlasted him to win while nickmitch placed 3rd instead. Overall, this is nickmitch's 5th time making the Final Four. He's placed 3rd twice, 2nd once and 1st once. Nickmitch is searching for his second Safe Words win. Will he get it or end up 3rd (or some other form of heartbreak) again?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 31, 2020, 06:54:36 PM »
ShyGuy - The most dominant player in Safe Words of late and especially Season 2. He's made the Final Four in all 5 games of Season 2 except for Safe Words 12 where he just missed it by placing 5th. He placed 3rd in Safe Words 11, 5th in Safe Words 12, 1st in Safe Words 13 and 3rd again in Safe Words 14. ShyGuy is also one of three players to have won 2 games of Safe Words. He is still looking to be the first player to win 3 games and his survival into the Final Four this game gives him another crack at that record. With his consistently high placements through Season 2 he has safely ensconced himself at the top of the Season 2 Points Leaderboard. He's playing for style points and would surely like to finish it strong with another win. Can he do it?

EDIT: One other thing that came to my attention after writing up about ShyGuy. This makes his 8th appearance in a Safe Words Final Four. This means that when we play Safe Words, there is over a 50% chance that ShyGuy will make it to the Final Four. That's crazy!! He's made the most Final Four appearances and yet this game marks the first time he has gotten to the Final Four in 3 consecutive games. This ties him with Stratos and Insanolord for most consecutive Final Four appearances. Only UncleBob has done better as his record of 4 consecutive appearances from the first four Safe Words games has yet to be matched or broken still. But by getting to the Final Four this game, ShyGuy has the opportunity to match that next game if he can make it to the Final Four then. Obviously not something we'll be able to see the result of right away but something to keep in mind for next time.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 02:42:24 AM by Khushrenada »

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 31, 2020, 07:00:07 PM »
TOPHATANT123 - A semi-regular for these games, TOPHATANT123 returns after an absence of missing Safe Words 13 and 14. Safe Words 11 did not go his way as he placed 8th in that game but he did redeem himself with a 3rd place finish in Safe Words 12. TOPHATANT123 has won a game of Safe Words before which was Safe Words 9. Like nickmitch, he's hoping to win his second game and join that small club of players who have two games. TOPHATANT123 has not had many Final Four appearances. Overall, the times he's cracked it have been Safe Words 9 which he won, Safe Words 10 where he placed 4th, Safe Words 12 where he placed 3rd and now Safe Words 15 where his placement is yet to be determined. Can he make the most of this Final Four opportunity?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 31, 2020, 07:01:12 PM »
Insanolord - Is a player in this game.

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: January 31, 2020, 07:02:53 PM »
Actually, I'll do a proper write-up for Insanolord later. However, my time is currently up. I need to go and meet up with some people and will be watching a movie so I'll finish up when I get back. Game will resume late tonight.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: January 31, 2020, 08:42:35 PM »
Sorry, I guess the explosion gave me amnesia. Though that was also last season, which nobody remembers or cares about!

Also, if you wanted more jokes, probably should have included White Castle.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: January 31, 2020, 08:46:00 PM »
You shouldn't have a 10 game season and then a 5 game season. Or were you trying to count the time we took off as some kind of lockout, Mr. Bettman?

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 01, 2020, 02:06:09 AM »
I'm trying to make the point that a season can be any number. 2 games, 8 games, 40 games (probably not that long actually  ;) ). We can vote how long we want the season to be (or some other method) and change it up from time to time. (Although yes, we also played the game a lot more regularly at first and now it is pretty much a yearly thing so let's shorten the season.)

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 01, 2020, 02:35:21 AM »
Insanolord - I can pretty much copy what I said about him last game.

- Has never won this game. LOL!

- Has been eliminated in the first round of three Safe Words games (Game 4, 8 and 9) which is the most by any player (although Lucario has now tied this record by being eliminated in the first round this game but Lucario's also won two game so....). He's the only player to be eliminated in the first round in two consecutive Safe Words games.

- He was also the second player eliminated in Game 10 and the third player eliminated in Game 3 and Game 13.

- Sucks.

But let's review things for Season 2 anyways. Finished 5th in Game 11, Finished 7th in Game 12, Finished 6th in Game 13 and nearly won the whole thing in Game 14 but fortunately for everyone he just placed 2nd. Frighteningly enough, that is the second time he almost won this game also placing 2nd in Game 7. However, since this game is not divisible by 7 then hopefully we've got nothing to worry about him making the Final Four again, right? RIGHT?!  :o

This makes his 6th appearance in a Safe Words Final Four. He also made it to this level in Games 2, 5, 6, 7 and 13. This ties him with Stratos for 2nd overall in most Safe Words Final Four appearances. (ShyGuy is the only player ahead of Insanolord and Stratos to have more.) He is also tied in 2nd place with Stratos and now ShyGuy for most consecutive Final Four appearances from when he had a three game consecutive Final Four appearance streak thanks to games 5,6,7. It was Stratos 6th appearance in the Final Four last game that finally led to him winning his first game of Safe Words. Will the 6th appearance be the same lucky charm for Insanolord? Really, though, how long can he keep getting denied? With another opportunity in front of him, will he finally be able to capitalize and do the unthinkable and win this game?! Or will the fact that ShyGuy is in the Final Four with him again just like he was in both games Insanolord placed second continue to be the kryptonite that somehow keeps this game from going his way?

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 01, 2020, 02:37:53 AM »
Insanolord starts this round with the best odds of choosing a Safe Word. Can he use that 75% chance of succeeding to his advantage? We'll find out based on his choice from the following selection:

Subway
Taco Bell
KFC
Dairy Queen

Offline NWR_insanolord

• NWR Staff Pro
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 01, 2020, 02:08:45 PM »
I’m going with Subway.

J.P. Corbran

Offline Khushrenada

• NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 01, 2020, 02:28:06 PM »
Insanolord.... stays fresh. He moves on to the next round.

nickmitch is the next in line to be served. Which of these daily deals would he like to select?

Taco Bell
KFC
Dairy Queen

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 01, 2020, 03:59:54 PM »
That's right, I could be lucky in life, but I waste all my luck playing Safe Words in a Nintendo forum...

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 01, 2020, 04:04:45 PM »
Wendys has been on a downhill trend since Dave passed away. They used to in my top three but no more! That being said they still do some things okay

They changed their fries for the worse a long while back
The consistency of their burger patties has gotten weird. Like it's over ground and soaked in something.
Their value menu items have gotten pricey and tiny!

Top tier all natural lemonade. I think it even beats Chick-Fil-A, but just barely.
Their chili is still great
Their salads are solid and compete with McDonalds
Their nuggets are probably the best outside of dedicated chicken places.
The frosty holds a special place in my heart.