Author Topic: Secret projects!!  (Read 8289 times)

Offline Game_Freak

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
Secret projects!!
« on: February 07, 2003, 07:11:28 PM »
http://cube.ign.com

Check it out. At IGN, they have a list of Nintendo published games for Gamecube coming out in 2003 and one of them is called "NST secret project".  They say that it has been in development for some time now and that it is likely to be shown at E3 2003. 3 other games that are listed for 2003 are "Silicon knight's secret project", "Too human" and "HAL labs secret project". IGN also hints at big exclusive projects by Capcom, Namco and a technological powerhouse from Factor 5. Very interesting indeed...

Offline dogcow

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2003, 08:13:57 PM »
2003 will be a great year for Gamecube ... if you are not a sports fan and I am not a sports fan so I am happy  

Offline Dr Synthetic

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2003, 08:21:02 PM »
I just want Kid Icarus already.  Does anyone have any idea just *how* likely a new Kid Icarus title would be?  I'm totally blinded by my fanboyism for the property that my opinion in the matter is almost useless.

It sure seems like they've got something in the works, though... I mean, no Kid Icarus in Animal Crossing, no Kid Icarus for the e-Reader, and his trophy description on Smash Bros was very...

Wait a minute.

HAL Labs Secret Project.

"Will Pit ever fight again?"

Wouldn't it make sense if HAL's secret project was a new Kid Icarus?  It seems pretty odd that they'd put that description in for the Pit trophy unless there were plans for a new Icarus title... it makes even MORE sense if *they* were the company doing it.

Could I have stumbled onto something here?

Please.  Oh, please.
I'll show you a trick with ants...

Offline BlueStorm

• Score: -2
    • View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2003, 08:34:42 PM »
Kid Icarus would be great.  I really enjoyed both the Gameboy and the NES  version.  At the very least a GBA version (new...no port).  A GCN version would be incredible though.

Chance it will happen is next to zero though.  Too bad.
BS.
<BR>

Offline Perfect Cell

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2003, 08:37:05 PM »
Id like to see Konami/Tecmo/Capcom get the Kid Icarus liscence, with Miyamoto over seeing ,it could be a good way to gain support from Konami..

Offline Dr Synthetic

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2003, 08:37:56 PM »
Well, just remember, if it does happen and HAL makes it, you heard it from me first.  

Offline Stealthy Warrior

• Sport Editor's Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2003, 11:48:48 PM »
Imagine this:  Not only a new Kid Icarus game rendered in 3 D with a stellar new engine, but it's also online.  Now you may think, why the hell would Kid Icarus be online.  Multiplayer co-op.  That's the magic word these days, that's what everyone wants.  

That's what I want.  I also want steak.  And three million dollars.  
HAR!  I KNEW I SIGNED UP IN 2003!!!

Offline Game_Freak

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2003, 11:51:57 PM »

Wouldn't it make sense if HAL's secret project was a new Kid Icarus?

No it wouldn't, because HAL's secret project is Donkey Kong Island.

Offline Stealthy Warrior

• Sport Editor's Alter Ego
    • View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2003, 12:01:46 AM »

Well there you go.  It's not a secret anymore.
HAR!  I KNEW I SIGNED UP IN 2003!!!

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2003, 12:37:19 AM »
Perhaps we need to redefine the word 'Secret'.

Either secret means unknown(thats how I learned it) or
it has established as a alternative term for Donkey Kong.

Whatever, Nintendo have got tons of secrets in the works(plus 3rd parties).
Remember around GCN release time Myiamoto once said that hes overseeing around 30 projects.
How many of those have we seen or played?

LZ 2005

Offline Uncle Rich AiAi

• Abandoner
    • View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2003, 01:10:40 AM »
i wonder how anyone can oversee 30 projects.  but i forgot, miyamoto is god.  now, about that haircut!...

Offline Nintendo

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2003, 01:11:41 AM »
8 of those 30 still remain unknown aka "secret"
Yes, I kept tabs after each game announcement.
"What if everything you see is more than what you see - the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps

Offline Dr Synthetic

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2003, 04:12:47 AM »

Originally posted by: Game_Freak

Wouldn't it make sense if HAL's secret project was a new Kid Icarus?

That's funny, because as far as I've heard, EAD was doing the new Donkey Kong game, as it was going to be the first Miyamoto DK game since... Donkey Kong 3 for the arcade and NES, I suppose.

That could be totally wrong... but I've heard nothing of HAL doing Donkey Kong, let alone the title "Donkey Kong Island."

Offline Rancid Planet

• Hobo pill hypnotizes over the internet
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2003, 04:07:40 PM »

Originally posted by: AiAi
i wonder how anyone can oversee 30 projects.  but i forgot, miyamoto is god.  now, about that haircut!...

Hey don't make fun. They seriously idolize Pete Rose and Moe the Stooge in Japan. jk

Offline rpglover

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2003, 04:12:07 PM »
hopefully if the secret project is donkey kong, they can make it like the donkey kongs on snes
those are the rumors going around that dk will be made as a side scroller
boy would that be awesome....................................
i call the big one bitey.

Offline Infernal Monkey

• burly British nanny wrapped in a blender
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2003, 04:24:58 PM »
Hmmm, just a thought, but NST's secret game could very well be "Mini-Racers"

It was featured at 2001's E3 for Nintendo 64, but never made it due to the death of the machine. Hell, Silicon Knights moved Eternal Darkness to GameCube, same as Capcom with RE0 and Rare with Dinosaur Planet.

They might have done the same.

Anyway, Mini-Racers was shaping up to be a kind of "Off-Road/RC Pro-AM" type racer..

Offline Kulock

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2003, 04:58:50 PM »
I did hear the Donkey Kong Island name somewhere, I think it was a rumor post on the PGC ezBoard before it was closed, supposedly a kick-back to the DK Country games and style, instead of DK64, even up to the fact that it's 2.5D. Still a rumor, but sounds like a likely one. As for HAL doing it, though, I'm not sure. Then again, NCL could've been impessed by the "Adventure" 2.5D action stages in Melee...

HAL could be doing that, or it could be something quite different. I don't think their next game is a Smash Bros., although I can't wait for a new one.

Here's a weird one, somewhere along the line, on an official release list, Kirby's Air Ride showed up again. Yes, the game that's been in developmental hell since the EARLY N64 days showed up on one of the more recent "title lists" from Nintendo for Gamecube, it's possibly the one where Nintendo of Europe leaked the 2003 titles. Maybe IGN still considers that secret, if it's right...

Offline Mingesium

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2003, 05:22:48 PM »
HAL secret game = Earthbound

Wasn't Mini-Racers finished. Nintendo didn't release it because the n64 was good as died. I could see Nintendo releasing that game on GameCube.

Offline flipinflipout

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2003, 05:40:07 PM »
Yah this might be a pretty good year for the gcn, but for me its sort of bad, cause if EA drops Madden, NCAA, NBA Live, I'm pissed, and even tho Sega dropped its sports lineup, hopefully somebody steps up takes there place.
<(^ ^< (>^^)> Dancing Kirby's!!!
\-------------/
 0           0     Skateboarder

Offline Nephilim

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2003, 06:54:24 PM »
a new Kid Icarus?
I dont think so because, for 1 it wasnt even a nes-rom in animal crossing, and it had a tinyest role in ssbm, 1 trophey
I think his days are over (the good old captain N days)

I would proberly guess that they got the rights for Mother (earthbound) from Ape inc. and are making a new Cube version.... which would be cool if it came with the earthbound 64 beta on a bonus disk

I think the new mario will also just use the Wario engine, since now wario is a puzzle badguy

Offline Dr Synthetic

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2003, 04:55:45 AM »

Originally posted by: DeadlyD
a new Kid Icarus?
I dont think so because, for 1 it wasnt even a nes-rom in animal crossing, and it had a tinyest role in ssbm, 1 trophey
I think his days are over (the good old captain N days)

Actually, his trophy was the only one that hinted that he might have a future game.

And the fact that his game wasn't in Animal Crossing does the exact opposite from what you're saying:  If they were going to make a Kid Icarus game, they'd *save* the NES version to include it within, like they did with Metroid and Metroid Prime.  Which is still why I think we've yet to see the Kid Icarus NES game in any form.

I mean, think about it:  Do you really think there's more of a likelihood of a new Donkey Kong Jr Math or a Clu Clu Land than Kid Icarus because they were in Animal Crossing?

Offline Hemmorrhoid

• View Profile
Secret projects!!
« Reply #21 on: February 09, 2003, 08:28:34 AM »
Nintendo knows what franchises are important to them and could garner some major bucks.

Im sure they know about the interest in Kid Icarus and Earthbound hence are already working on them.
LZ 2005