Author Topic: Good Bye Microsoft  (Read 19393 times)

Offline Ymeegod

• Score: -16
    • View Profile
Re: Good Bye Microsoft
« Reply #75 on: September 01, 2009, 06:11:59 PM »
Not according to Deguello--only his opinion matters *rolls eyes*.

The industry been saying the same for awhile now the WII software is god awful at the best of times.  There's not alot of AAA titles on the platform even though it has thousand+ software titles.  It's a complete opposite of last generation for Big N.

At least the WII's linup is still better than the PSP--sony really hasn't done much in the last two years neither for that platform.

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
  • Score: 42
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: September 01, 2009, 06:16:19 PM »
Not according to Deguello--only his opinion matters *rolls eyes*.

The industry been saying the same for awhile now the WII software is god awful at the best of times.  There's not alot of AAA titles on the platform even though it has thousand+ software titles.  It's a complete opposite of last generation for Big N.

At least the WII's linup is still better than the PSP--sony really hasn't done much in the last two years neither for that platform.

All depends what you consider AAA which is subjective at best. The Wii has plenty of solid  games on it, maybe not wow, 10 out of 10 games in plenty but solid games and several great games both casual and more core.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 06:19:16 PM by GoldenPhoenix »
Switch Friend Code: SW-4185-3173-1144

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #77 on: September 01, 2009, 06:47:01 PM »
Well if you just go by averages and compare the first 2 1/2 years of releases on the GC vrs the WII and you'll going find more games were rated in the 85%+ on the GC during that time period.

Alot of that has to due with 3rd party games being excluded from the WII--Batman AA, Bioshock, Fallout, ect--I can go all day if I wanted to.  A few developers have taken the time to make multiplatform games appear on the WII, why I supported Activision on finally porting Modern Warfare and hopefully other developers take the time to bring their titles as well.

And finally, the developers seem to focus on the casual gamers so you'll getting like 10 "mini-game clone" to 1 that isn't.  There's so much "shovelware" on the WII I think the customers are starting to lose interest in gaming in general which isn't good for the industry.

The PS3 might not have tons of software coming out but if you're a fan of fighting, action, shooting, and RPGs than the WII really doesn't have much to counter in those areas. 

Saddly Big N is going win the console war this generation but I don't think it's going touch the PS2 of even the SNES numbers.  Just look at the monthly sales and the massive decrease from just one year ago and you'll see what I mean. 

Offline NinGurl69 *huggles

• HI I'M CRAZY
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
    • Six Sided Video
« Reply #78 on: September 01, 2009, 07:22:00 PM »
"A few developers have taken the time to make multiplatform games appear on the WII"

But JUST LIKE what occurred on GameCube, those same multiplatform publishers (are the devs really deciding what's multiplatform or not?) have not been putting in those good-faith best efforts in versions that appear on Nintendo consoles.  Countless on-time "multiplatform" games that landed on GameCube were either disastrous port jobs or "good enough" versions with key features axed.  I could go all day down memory lane to recount the duds and bad apples, which is why I'm personally hesitant to support a company that appears to "finally support" the casual machine.  They've got to put their best foot forward AND make sure the shoes look good too.  Using Modern Warfare as an example, it's got to be a top-quality job meeting their [selective...] high standards AND they have to show they care enough about it by proving it already makes the grade instead of hiding it like they're ashamed of it.  If they made a big deal about the original version the first time around, why aren't we seeing any of that enthusiasm now?

Typically, I'd think that if a company thinks they've got a great product and wants us to believe they've got a great product, they'd convey it by demonstrating the product as much as possible (that's what they DO, right?).  Instead we see 3rd party games quietly hit Wii, no big deal, "zero" publicity (gotta go beyond the internet).  Not a big deal?  Fine, I'm sure the ignorant public agrees.

How about these game makers try delivering products that at least compete with the GameCube remakes that've shown up on Wii, let's start there?
:: Six Sided Video .com ~ Pietriots.com ::
PRO IS SERIOUS. GET SERIOUS.

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: September 01, 2009, 07:48:52 PM »
Well it goes with sales, if there's enough sales then the ports usually recieve a better treatment--GH series or even Rock band for example.

I think Modern Warfare might get a better treatment than WoW since the sales were alot better last time around.  CoD 3 for the WII didn't sell but WoW did so hopefully Activision sees that.  I just hope they don't rush the game just to make the winter release.  Have to wait and see.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: September 02, 2009, 06:35:37 PM »
Saddly Big N is going win the console war this generation but I don't think it's going touch the PS2 of even the SNES numbers.  Just look at the monthly sales and the massive decrease from just one year ago and you'll see what I mean. 

If your going to say statements like this, at least do some research.  At this point in the Wii's lifespan it's already several million units higher then the PS2 was at this point in it's lifespan.  Not to mention even though the Wii's sales the last several months are lower then last years, these low numbers are around the same numbers the PS2 was doing at this point in it's lifespan. 

Plus I'd like to point out that at this point in the PS2's life, it was $180 in North America.  The PS2 launched at a $300 price tag and by it's third year was down to $180.  The Wii on the other hand launch at $250 and by it's third year is STILL $250. 

People have to remember this little fact since Sony had to drop the PS2's price several times in it's life to keep it's high sales going.  Nintendo has yet to drop the price of the system once and yet it's still sold more at this point in it's life then the PS2 did and even at it's worst, it's still putting up the same numbers the PS2 did on average, even though the Wii is more expensive then the PS2 was at this point in it's life.

Plus I have to ask, why did you say the Wii wont touch the SNES sales in your post?  The SNES only sold 49 million units during it's entire life.  The Wii surpassed the 50 million mark months ago.  If your going to compare the Wii to another Nintendo home console at least pick the NES which sold over 60 million units.  Of course at the Wii's current pace, it'll easily surpass that mark sometime in the next year so you wont have long to use that either.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2009, 06:48:54 PM »
I'm talking about the software side of things--what good is overall sales when the software side is lacking?

There's 100's of Great PS2 games but there's only a handful of great WII games--you can't deny this since everyone is the industry states the same. 

Right now even though the WII is winning the hardware side of things, in terms of software--the 360 is still considered king.   

You can google either gamerankings or metacritic since both sites take the average reviews.

Offline NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: September 07, 2009, 07:06:23 PM »
People who treat Metacritic ratings as objective and absolute indicators of quality are hopeless and not worth arguing with.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: September 07, 2009, 07:32:01 PM »
I never stated that--but it's still an average of reviews and no you're not going agree with every score but it's usually pretty fair though.  Or if you didn't go by just avg but by the majority of votes you can actual filter it that way too.

Majority of votes is my method--there's some reviewers who simply rated the game extremly high or really low for one reason or other so just taking the bulk works best IMO. 

For example if 4 of of 5 people rate a game at 9'0 and one can rated it a 1.0 the average is 7.4 a C rated game--that wouldn't be fair IMO so by taking the bulk you simply the majority which is 9 --making it an A rated game.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: September 07, 2009, 07:50:26 PM »
Yes, this really has to do with the quality of Microsoft's hardware....
~David~
3DS: 5214-9250-6646 - David
Playing Now: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Offline Ymeegod

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: September 07, 2009, 08:26:20 PM »
Yup, kinda went off track a bit :).

There's a nice new article about Xbox 360's hardware though.http://www.gamespot.com/news/6216691.html

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: September 07, 2009, 08:58:16 PM »
Nintendo, say what you want about the horsepower, seems to use the best quality materials in their hardware.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: September 07, 2009, 09:47:49 PM »
The funny thing is my Wii has died once....

Just ask UncleBob about Wii's dieing...
~David~

Offline GoldenPhoenix

• Now it's a party!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: September 07, 2009, 09:55:01 PM »

Wow guess that proves me wrong! Two people here had Wii's die, that overrides all other evidence!

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 07, 2009, 10:06:25 PM »
I'm not saying that...
~David~

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 07, 2009, 10:13:20 PM »
What is it with this site and members having their Wii die. For me it's the 360 and PS3 that has died on me.
PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
3DS: 4124-5011-7289
PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline kraken613

• tinyurl.com/2lrx46
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 07, 2009, 10:21:21 PM »
We actually use our Wii's a lot and the general public doesn't?

I had 7 360's and 1 Wii die. My PS3 hasn't died but I haven't had it quite as long. Got it about a year after it came out.
~David~

Offline EasyCure

• wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle, yeah!
  • Score: 75
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2009, 10:01:22 AM »

Wow guess that proves me wrong! Two people here had Wii's die, that overrides all other evidence!

Dont forget it derails their hardware track record too!
February 07, 2003, 02:35:52 PM
EASYCURE: I remember thinking(don't ask me why) this was a blond haired, blue eyed, chiseled athlete. Like he looked like Seigfried before he became Nightmare.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2009, 07:49:06 PM »
I'm talking about the software side of things--what good is overall sales when the software side is lacking?

There's 100's of Great PS2 games but there's only a handful of great WII games--you can't deny this since everyone is the industry states the same. 

Right now even though the WII is winning the hardware side of things, in terms of software--the 360 is still considered king.   
Sorry, couldn't dig up Xbox #'s, but Wii is hanging with PS2 just fine when it comes to software sales. Atleast according to this chart.

Maybe not all the games are to your liking, but somebody is buying all this software.