Author Topic: Everything is in 3D!  (Read 14675 times)

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
Re: Everything is in 3D!
« Reply #75 on: March 19, 2011, 01:27:26 PM »
Netflix better beat this product to market.

Actually, Netflix still needs an Android app, they are seriously lagging in this department, so I hope all their efforts right now are on the Netflix3D app for the 3DS, because no 3D device will have as much exposure this year as the 3DS. about 100k people might own that 3D smartphone this year, but 5 million people will own a 3DS(assuming production keeps up), so I hope all their efforts are concentrated where it will get the most support.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 19, 2011, 01:32:38 PM »
3D front facing cameras? Phone sex just got a hell of a lot more interesting.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline MaryJane

• Ain't got nothing on Felica Hardy
  • Score: -13
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 19, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
Sorry Unagi, when I typed camers, that was me hitting the s instead of the a and not just missing the a for the plural. I fixed it now, but phone sex could still be in 3D, you just can't watch...

And I do hope Netflix decides to put 3D on the 3DS first. For the sake of the 3D industry as a whole I want Blockbuster on the 3DS and Netflix on the EVO 3D (and both on other things) but I might buy the EVO. I'm still torn between buying a tablet and skypeing it, and buying a new phone (which I need because this one is developing some aging problems) but if this new EVO gets the kind of reviews the original EVO got and comes out this year, I will almost certainly buy it.

It would be especially cool if they made the EVO 3D part of the Android gaming push.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 25, 2011, 03:24:21 PM »
Engadget reports that Vizio is releasing three new budget 3D HDTV (1080p in 2D) sets.

There's a 47" for $899, a 42" for $729 ($698 at Walmart), and a 32" for $549 ($498 at Wm). They all come with Wifi, Vizio internet apps built-in, and two pairs of passive glasses. Passive glasses are the cheaper kind that means that the T.V does more work, and you pay less to have six extra pairs for hosting the big games.
Silly monkeys; give them thumbs they make a club and beat their brother down. How they survive so misguided is a mystery. Repugnant is a creature who would squander the ability to lift an a eye to heaven conscious of his fleeting time here.

Offline Morari

• 46 DC EA D3 17 FE 45 D8 09 23 EB 97 E4 95 64 10 D4 CD B2 C2
  • Score: -7237
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2011, 03:05:06 PM »
« Last Edit: April 01, 2011, 03:10:37 PM by Morari »
"This post has been censored for your protection."

--Bureau of Internet Morality

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2011, 03:41:45 PM »
Everything in 3D!!!

qfta: "With the Spectacle, you’ll experience one-eyed 3D so real, you’d think you were using both eyes!"

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: April 05, 2011, 12:50:05 PM »
Bring 3D home to the HDTV you already have. 60Hz/120Hz compatible.
http://www.3d-vip.com/

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8hk9bQhcwr0

3D Theater(Games, Movies, Satellite/Cable & Internet and 60Hz/120Hz TV/projector) Reviews from AVSForum
http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1323671
http://ww.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1323736

Comes in 3 packages:
Gamer - PS3/Games & 120Hz DLP/LCD
Displayer - Games, Movies & 60Hz/120Hz DLP/LCD
Theater - Games, Movies, Satellite/Cable/Internet & 60Hz/120Hz DLP/LCD

Offline MaryJane

• View Profile
« Reply #82 on: May 04, 2011, 03:32:14 PM »
http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/04/intel-will-mass-produce-22nm-3d-transistors-for-all-future-cpus/

"Looks like 3D isn't just a fad, folks, so long as we're talking about silicon -- Intel just announced that it has invented a 3D "Tri-Gate" transistor that will allow the company to keep shrinking chips, Moore's Law naysayers be darned. Intel says the transistors will use 50 percent less power, conduct more current and provide 37 percent more speed than their 2D counterparts thanks to vertical fins of silicon substrate that stick up through the other layers, and that those fancy fins could make for cheaper chips too -- currently, though, the tri-gate tech adds an estimated 2 to 3 percent cost to existing silicon wafers. Intel says we'll see the new technology first in its 22nm Ivy Bridge CPUs, going into mass production in the second half of the year, and it's planning 14nm chips in 2013 and 10nm chips in 2015. Also, 3D transistors won't be limited to the cutting edge -- Intel reps told journalists that they "will extend across the entire range of our product line," including mobile devices. Three videos and a press release await you after the break."

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: May 04, 2011, 03:38:34 PM »
Intel seems to always find a way to help their bottom line.  Though smaller chips are cool but man you keep going devices are going to turn into Speck, screen, battery, speaker, and antenna.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.