Author Topic: Rate the last movie you've seen  (Read 1537978 times)

Offline gbuell

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Grant Buell
Re: Rate the last movie you've seen
« Reply #4150 on: April 26, 2013, 05:36:01 PM »
maybe. i don't see GLOBAL lawlessness ensuing, but now that i think of it, that's not really what the movie portrayed.
Why doesn't Metroid ever take off his armor?

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4151 on: April 26, 2013, 05:42:47 PM »
If there is a global virus that is spreading at a rate of 1:2 (meaning that every new victim will infect 2 others) and then mutates to 1:4 (so very new victim infects 4 more) and there is no treatment for it, people will riot and resort to violence (especially if, like in the movie, there is a right-wing nutjob telling millions of his brainwashed followers that it's all a government conspiracy). Remember that within 29 days of the viruses introduction, 26 million people had died and the first vaccine would not be ready for another 90 days at the earliest (and even then, it would take months for everyone in the world to get the vaccination).
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline pokepal148

• Inquire within for reasonable rates.
  • Score: -9967
    • View Profile
« Reply #4152 on: April 26, 2013, 05:45:27 PM »
Torchwood: Children of Earth goes into a similar theme...

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4153 on: April 26, 2013, 07:28:18 PM »
I never remain behind for the post-credits scenes (I also always show up 15 minutes late to avoid trailers - so that probably tells you something about me), but I'd be interested to hear whether or not there was an Avengers 2 teaser at the end?

You're weird. :P

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
  • Score: -178
    • View Profile
« Reply #4154 on: April 26, 2013, 09:35:00 PM »
You're weird. :P:

I guess that is a little weird , huh?

But hey, in my defence I don't think I should have to sit through a bunch of adverts. I paid for the damn movie! It's the principle!
Gouge away.

Offline TJ Spyke

• Ass
  • Score: -1350
    • View Profile
    • Spyke Shop
« Reply #4155 on: April 26, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »
Those previews have gotten me interested in movies I had never even heard of before.
Help out a poor college student, buy video games and Blu-ray Discs at: http://astore.amazon.com/spyke-20

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4156 on: April 26, 2013, 10:01:23 PM »
Previews are how I keep my Netflix disc list stacked with interesting new releases.

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #4157 on: April 27, 2013, 02:25:56 AM »
I once went to a movie, saw the trailer for a movie playing down the hall, got up and saw the other movie.

The first movie was 28 weeks later,  the second movie was Mr. Brooks. We made the right decision.
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4158 on: April 27, 2013, 03:06:54 AM »
Mr. Brooks is an amazing movie.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4159 on: April 27, 2013, 06:01:49 AM »
Not to sound like a pretentious A hole, but I tend to source my own info as far as films go. I usually know about films I might be interested in before a trailer has even been put out. I think I can trace that mentality back to when I was a kid and I seen films like Flubber and Good Burger largely because I saw the trailers for those films. I vowed 'Never again!'.
Gouge away.

Offline azeke

• He's ruining Splatfest for the rest of us
  • Score: 11
    • View Profile
« Reply #4160 on: April 27, 2013, 06:04:43 AM »
Flubber is an amazing movie.
Winners don't hate and W101 rocks

Offline Plugabugz

• *continues waiting*
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
« Reply #4161 on: April 27, 2013, 09:59:13 AM »
I also saw Iron Man 3 today.

I thought it was pretty good (certainly better than the second one). The set-pieces perhaps rely a little too much on Stark getting into and out of his various suits, but these sequences do service the story which focuses on the question of who Stark is without his mechanical guardian angels. The film is also surprisingly...surprising. I wouldn't dare spoil anything, but the script manages to give enough direction to all the cast while also introducing one or two neat twists.

I do have a few issues with some of the story beats towards the end and the tone can sometimes be a little scattershot, but overall I thought it was one of the better entries in the Marvel film universe.

I never remain behind for the post-credits scenes (I also always show up 15 minutes late to avoid trailers - so that probably tells you something about me), but I'd be interested to hear whether or not there was an Avengers 2 teaser at the end?

ANSWER: No. There was a single scene where Bruce Banner was talking to Stark while he was lying in a psychiatrists chair. Banner fell asleep.

Contagion. Pretty good and fairly realistic, though I'm not sure a disease that kills less than 1% of the population would lead to widespread looting and lawlessness.

You don't think the deaths of over 71,000,000 people could lead to lawlessness? Riots and looting have been instigated over much less. Just look at the 2011 London riots for example.

Agreed. All the Riots took was one person being shot. The fire damage from a car being set on fire outside my home (despite being on the other side of London where the incident happened) is still visible.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 10:01:55 AM by Plugabugz »

Offline S-U-P-E-R

• My Butt is Ready :reggie;
  • Score: -63
    • View Profile
    • oh my god
« Reply #4162 on: April 27, 2013, 09:59:30 AM »
Finally watched Indie Game: The Movie. The Super Meat Boy guys seem like cool dudes. Jonathan Blow seems like a weird psycho. The movie was... okay.

Offline Oblivion

• Score: -253
    • View Profile
« Reply #4163 on: April 27, 2013, 09:45:32 PM »
Everyone needs to see Upstream Color. It's a bit easier to understand than Primer.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #4164 on: April 28, 2013, 09:31:57 AM »
I just Finished watching Django.

near the end the first thought that came to mind was Pop's version of the Catcher Freeman story from Boondocks. This was the Quentin Tarantino version, the prequel even.

DiCaprio played his part a little too well & I always love S.L Jackson regardless, so even thought the
ending was pretty cheesy, I liked the movie overall.

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4165 on: April 28, 2013, 11:28:20 AM »
Everyone needs to see Upstream Color. It's a bit easier to understand than Primer.

I'm glad to hear that. While I was able to follow what was happening in Primer, I still don't understand the significance of it. I'm not sure what it's message was.

I'm looking forward to checking out Upstream Colour though. I've heard some interesting things.
Gouge away.

Offline BranDonk Kong

• Eat your f'ing cat!
  • Score: 10131
    • View Profile
« Reply #4166 on: April 29, 2013, 09:46:26 PM »
I'll censor the title, but it's a real movie (and has been mentioned here before).
Gayniggers from Outer Space - 0/10
Might as well just read the description on Wikipedia. I thought maybe it would be funny (just based on the title), but it was just stupid (but the internet trolling that has followed it's release online has been pretty good). I saw it listed on vcdq.com like 8 years ago and always wanted to watch it but finally just did. The group that released it had been putting out some really weird stuff at the time (I think they always do actually). Stupid.
I think it says on the box, 'No Hispanics' " - Jeff Green of EA

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
« Reply #4167 on: April 30, 2013, 03:11:17 AM »
I'll censor the title, but it's a real movie (and has been mentioned here before).
Gayniggers from Outer Space - 0/10
Might as well just read the description on Wikipedia. I thought maybe it would be funny (just based on the title), but it was just stupid (but the internet trolling that has followed it's release online has been pretty good). I saw it listed on vcdq.com like 8 years ago and always wanted to watch it but finally just did. The group that released it had been putting out some really weird stuff at the time (I think they always do actually). Stupid.

That sounds like the kind of movie a guy who engages in public gay sex for Google would enjoy!

Offline Glad0s

• Score: 3
    • View Profile
    • Reagan's Music Reviews
« Reply #4168 on: April 30, 2013, 09:55:03 AM »
Finally watched Indie Game: The Movie. The Super Meat Boy guys seem like cool dudes. Jonathan Blow seems like a weird psycho. The movie was... okay.

I disagree. Blow may be weird, but he does seem passionate about his work. The Meat Boy guys just act like the ultimate negative stereotype of hardcore gamers -- unprofessional, nerdy weirdos with mental problems and anger issues. Of course, I still love their game, but I just wasn't crazy about them personally.

And as for the movie...meh. A decent way to spend 90 minutes, I guess.
"Isn't Karl like Mexican or something"

Offline Pixelated Pixies

• Just call me PixPix™
    • View Profile
« Reply #4169 on: April 30, 2013, 12:21:02 PM »
I thought 'Indie Game' was a fascinating study. I don't think any of the interviewees came across as particularly unlikeable. They seemed to me to be earnest, sometimes prideful, and (like anyone else in this world) affected by their own particular neurosis. Documentaries like 'Indie Game', that focus intently on characters and allow them to speak for themselves, are always the most interesting to me. I thought it was thoroughly enjoyable.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2013, 12:23:09 PM by Pixelated Pixies »
Gouge away.

Offline oohhboy

• Forum Friend or Foe?
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #4170 on: May 02, 2013, 11:58:30 AM »
Watching the Indie Game movie right now. I don't think I will finish watching it which for me is an automatic fail as for as movies/docos go. None of them are very charmastic, some have negative charisma. There is a lot of needless rambling on with their life stories as filler and lots of repetition. A lot of it was an ego inflating trip since we already know what happens. It would have been a lot more interesting if they had some outright failures in the movie and if the whole thing was a more focused case study than a rambling video diary with forced camera work in an attempt to make it more interesting.
I'm Lacus. I'm fine as Lacus!
Pffh. Toilet paper? What do you think cats are for?

Offline Halbred

• Staff Paleontologist, Ruiner of Worlds
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 17
    • View Profile
    • When Pigs Fly Returns
« Reply #4171 on: May 05, 2013, 08:23:20 PM »
Director's Cut of Dark City.

Love this movie. Still not sure how it was made. The Director's Cut is infinitely better than the standard release thanks to the removal of the forced voiceover at the beginning.
This would be my PSN Trophy Card, but I guess I can't post HTML in my Signature. I'm the pixel spaceship, and I have nine Gold trophies.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #4172 on: May 06, 2013, 02:35:31 AM »
Justice League: Doom
Ehh. The animation was great (the character designs was blah), but good God, Lemon... the dialog is so dry and the story isn't great either. I decided to watch it because I've been marathoning Justice League and Justice League Unlimited since I only caught a few episodes back when they first aired. The writing in those shows is quite good, filled with humor (and a lot of innuendo). I know Doom isn't DCAU-related, but many of the same actors were cast which was nice except their talent isn't used effectively with the sub-par writing. Michael Rosembaum was brought back as Flash except he's Barry Allen in Doom while he voiced Wally West in the DCAU shows (I suppose, in addition to the writing, we can use that as the reason why Flash isn't funny in Doom). Odd that they made a point of changing that while casting an actor who previously voiced a different Flash. Even stranger is that Wally West is the Flash used in the story that Doom is loosely based on. Hal Jordan takes Kyle Rayner's place as well. The change to Hal Jordan makes a sense since Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire is one of the villains.

Also, no Hawkgirl. Boo/hiss

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4173 on: May 06, 2013, 09:31:15 AM »
Saw Iron Man 3

It was good.  Now that that is out of the way.  I have to real complaint about their portayal of Tennessee.  For one their was snow and people were reacting to it like Northerners.  I live near where they placed that city.  If their was snow everyone be at home and the stores be raided of Milk and Bread.  More than likely though is that their is not snow.  Then they had him go to Chattanooga of all places and they had the Miss Chattanooga in a High School.  That be like Miss New York being in a High School.  Not to mention only 9Mb internet.  Chattanooga is wired for 1Gb Internet.  *shrug*  If you are going to my Backward state at least portray it right.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4174 on: May 06, 2013, 11:51:29 AM »
It is always jarring when a show mentions or shows your locale and it is wrong. I remember an episode of Bones where they warn of 'mosquitoes the size of your fist' when going to the Pacific Northwest. My question... where? Never seen one that big. Basic research could avoid a lot of these bumps.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast