Author Topic: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)  (Read 453077 times)

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
  • Score: 15
    • View Profile
Re: Super Smash Bros. for WiiU (& 3DS)
« Reply #1450 on: December 08, 2014, 05:51:12 PM »
How do you do that one Kirby event where you have to eat all the food until you reach 0%? On Hard I mean. The stage doesn't help, tough to see things when it zooms out.

I cheesed this one because I had a Caloric Immortal Warpstar, which gives you brief invincibility after you eat food. Other than having a badge like that, I'd suggest maybe shield healer, auto-healer, and crouch healer to assist in the healing process? Speed Crasher might also help by being able to run through enemies to get them off of you before eating some food.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: December 08, 2014, 06:05:39 PM »
Question for all you Wii U smashers. If I import a fighter from my 3DS who has custom moves and abilities/badges, will that cause the Wii U to unlock them also without having to work away on acquiring them on the Wii U version? I ask since I've acquired all the custom movesets for 35 of the fighters on 3DS and have 84 out of 93 unique abilities. I'd rather not have to go through the process of unlocking and reacquiring all that.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: December 08, 2014, 06:33:39 PM »
Nah, you have to unlock everything again. Importing only allows you to bring that custom fighter/Mii over, but once imported, it can't be changed in that game and it doesn't unlock those abilities/badges in that game. You would have to go back to the original game (3DS to Wii U and vice versa) and change the fighter then import again.

Offline Khushrenada

• is an Untrustworthy Liar
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 38
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: December 08, 2014, 07:23:59 PM »
Lame. Smash Wii U is officially the worst game ever.
Whoever said, "Cheaters never win" must've never met Khushrenada.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: December 08, 2014, 11:28:44 PM »
How do you do that one Kirby event where you have to eat all the food until you reach 0%? On Hard I mean. The stage doesn't help, tough to see things when it zooms out.

I cheesed this one because I had a Caloric Immortal Warpstar, which gives you brief invincibility after you eat food. Other than having a badge like that, I'd suggest maybe shield healer, auto-healer, and crouch healer to assist in the healing process? Speed Crasher might also help by being able to run through enemies to get them off of you before eating some food.

Also have Kirby absorb a King Dedede and use his B ability to eat the food, since you gain more health when you eat the food using Dedede's inhale move instead of just eating it normally.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Online NWR_insanolord

• Rocket Fuel Malt Liquor....DAMN!
  • NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: -18986
    • View Profile
« Reply #1455 on: December 09, 2014, 07:46:09 AM »
I've played some more of the game and I've now unlocked all the characters, and I have to say I really like this game. Unlike a lot of people I was a big fan of Brawl, and this feels like a much improved version of Brawl. The characters I liked before feel better and I really like a lot of the new additions. It took me a bit, but I'm really liking Mega Man, as well as Pac-Man and Villager. This is pretty much exactly the game I wanted.
Insanolord is a terrible moderator.

J.P. Corbran
NWR Community Manager and Soccer Correspondent

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #1456 on: December 09, 2014, 05:27:57 PM »

I cheesed this one because I had a Caloric Immortal Warpstar, which gives you brief invincibility after you eat food.
It doesn't look like custom equipment can be used in this event. Unless you somehow found a loophole that let you use it?

Also have Kirby absorb a King Dedede and use his B ability to eat the food, since you gain more health when you eat the food using Dedede's inhale move instead of just eating it normally.
Hey, that's something.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1457 on: December 09, 2014, 11:53:17 PM »
Even in events that lock you to a single character, if you move the icon you use to select the difficulty over to the portrait of the character, it will let you select custom sets for that character.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1458 on: December 10, 2014, 01:07:21 AM »
Yes, I know, but there are a few events that have no character box and therefore it's impossible to use custom equipment. Kirby's event is one such challenge. So unless you stumbled upon a glitch that let you use custom stuff, then you are unfortunately mistaken.

EDIT: The King Dedede trick was enough to help. I was finally able to do it after running around and inhaling all the food with his copied ability. Just had to wait for a run with some luck that spawned food away from them, and had little time to spare.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 01:16:52 AM by Mop it up »

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #1459 on: December 10, 2014, 07:51:08 AM »
I ran through Co-op Classic Mode a few times with a friend. It's really easy to rack up trophies and custom parts that way. Unfortunately, CDs were not common. We also ran through Co-Op All-Star Mode once on Normal. It came down to the wire. What sucks about Co-Op All-Star Mode is that both players have to make it through each round. I get it, but it complicates things. Still, I find these modes far more enjoyable with another player as it makes them feel different from playing them solo in the 3DS version.

I've completed 40 out of the 140 Challenges. That's going to take a while. Some of them don't sound remotely enjoyable. I think one of them is "Complete All-Sar Mode on Hard with Every Character." That's going to be a nightmare.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1460 on: December 10, 2014, 08:44:23 AM »
Yes, I know, but there are a few events that have no character box and therefore it's impossible to use custom equipment. Kirby's event is one such challenge. So unless you stumbled upon a glitch that let you use custom stuff, then you are unfortunately mistaken.

Okay, you caught me in a bit of a fib about a video game.  :-[  Really, that seems like it'd be the most logical way to overcome a hard event match like that, and it's kinda stupid that they would let you customize on SO many other event matches, but not that one?!? I guess maybe they don't want you banging your head against the wall by choosing Ice breath as a custom move? maybe they thought having caloric speedster and healing items would break the balance of the challenge?!?

My apologies, Mop. I just wanted to participate in the discussion, advocate the use of Custom Moves since I spent SO much time farming Smash Run and Classic on the 3DS, and maybe provide a solution to your problem.

The reality is I can't be bothered with event matches at the moment. I've had so much stupid drama going on in my life. A lot of the times, I've been recording what little time I have had to spend with the game and I'm ultimately getting no views because... really, what am I bringing to the table that you can't get on various channels like Zer0's...?

Maybe I could do event match video guides? at the same time, I feel there's a niche already covered for that as well. :C Maybe I should just stick to doodling on screenshots.

Offline Luigi Dude

• Truth Bomber
  • Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #1461 on: December 10, 2014, 11:11:28 AM »
I've completed 40 out of the 140 Challenges. That's going to take a while. Some of them don't sound remotely enjoyable. I think one of them is "Complete All-Sar Mode on Hard with Every Character." That's going to be a nightmare.

I'm just going to use a Hammer on that one.  If it was the 3DS version with a much easier computer, then I'd probably try that one normally but with the Wii U's cheap computer on Hard, nope nope nope nope nope.
I’m gonna have you play every inch of this game! - Masahiro Sakurai

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
« Reply #1462 on: December 10, 2014, 04:51:05 PM »
It's going to be really hard to allocate those hammers. I mean, there's no way I will be able to complete all of the challenges anyway, but I want to maximize CD unlocks. I am sorely tempted to blow a few on Smash Tour challenges, though, so I never have to touch that mode again. Friggin' Metroid never spawns.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1463 on: December 10, 2014, 05:26:23 PM »
Okay, you caught me in a bit of a fib about a video game.  :-[  Really, that seems like it'd be the most logical way to overcome a hard event match like that, and it's kinda stupid that they would let you customize on SO many other event matches, but not that one?!?
Oh, I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you feel bad. It's just a frustrating challenge is all. Yeah, I guess they felt some of them would be too easy if you could just cheese them with certain custom equipment, so they disabled it for some.

I think one of them is "Complete All-Sar Mode on Hard with Every Character." That's going to be a nightmare.
Yeah, and I don't even think that's the worst one on the list. I certainly won't be bothering with all the challenges because most of the ones at the top are just no fun at all. And why play a game that isn't fun?

Offline BiteThePillow

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #1464 on: December 19, 2014, 10:36:28 AM »
I don't have either of these new Smash games. Can someone tell me if they have unlockable game demos in the 3DS version, like they did in Melee and Brawl? If so, are the demos different between the 3DS and Wii U versions?
NNID: UltraGoomba
3DS Friend Code: 2208-7006-9833

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1465 on: December 19, 2014, 11:32:37 AM »
Masterpieces (The demos you are thinking of) are only available in the Wii U version, with links to the e-Shop built in.

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1466 on: December 20, 2014, 05:58:49 AM »
Sorry to double post, but this bears reporting on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vaR4RM-qr0

While not entirely practical for use with the 3DS version until we get New 3DS and New 3DS XL, what do you all think? I am actually pretty excited to use this with spacing back and fourth with safer tilts and more importantly, using it to buffer back airs and pivot grabs. <3 that is, if it's practical to excecute (and it does seem at first glance that it's easier to trian my hands to do than wave dashing was.)

EDIT: I did about an hour and a half of practice with Captain Falcon on Perfect Pivots, since the technique benefits him the most, just like how Wave Dashes benefited Mewtwo and Luigi the most in melee. the twitchiness of the input on this makes it VERY tough to master, and flubbing the input can leave you in a worse spot than a Wave Dash, but at the same time, I like that you're only using one hand to use a perfect pivot, so it's a lot easier to follow through with an option upon use of the technique, whereas I felt that Wave Dashes were too busy with both hands and tripped me up (For a Wave dash, one must do a short hop, then air dodge into the ground at an angle in melee. this requires the use of two buttons and the analogue stick to do, rather than just the two flicks of the analogue stick that a perfect pivot requires.) as a result, I found myself experimenting with the options that a Perfect Pivot provides me, even if I was getting a lot of running attacks away from my opponent rather than a tilt attack or a jab that would work as a safer alternative. My favorite thing about this is that it puts you in the perfect position to throw out back-airs, which is the bread and butter offensive move of quite a few fighters (Falco, Mega Man, Diddy immediatley come to mind.)
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 08:49:32 AM by ClexYoshi »

Offline BiteThePillow

• View Profile
« Reply #1467 on: December 20, 2014, 10:14:18 AM »
Masterpieces (The demos you are thinking of) are only available in the Wii U version, with links to the e-Shop built in.

Well, that's disappointing, but expected. I was hoping for some portable game masterpieces, given the nature of the VC selection on 3DS versus that of Wii U, not that the masterpieces are a huge selling point. It would still be neat to have some short playable versions of New Super Mario Bros., Metroid Prime Hunters, Kirby Super Star Ultra, Sonic Rush, or a selection of Gameboy games.
NNID: UltraGoomba
3DS Friend Code: 2208-7006-9833

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #1468 on: December 26, 2014, 08:05:29 PM »
Edit: I'm an ignorant ****
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 10:36:25 AM by MagicCow64 »

Offline ObbyDent

• Too reasonable for this forum
    • View Profile
« Reply #1469 on: December 26, 2014, 08:27:47 PM »
Wait, are you positive the release date was March 31st, 2015? That is much earlier than initially announced.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1470 on: December 26, 2014, 09:27:36 PM »
March 31st is the deadline you have to register both games on Club Nintendo to get Mewtwo for free. The release date has not been announced, just a vague "Spring 2015."

Offline MagicCow64

• Still no title
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: December 27, 2014, 10:35:57 AM »
Whoops, my bad, had no idea there was a deadline for Mewtwo, previous post nuked.

Offline Nile Boogie Returns

• Tropical Freeze
  • Score: 14
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: December 27, 2014, 05:59:02 PM »
I have altogether some the skills I had in this game. I think I can blame it on using the GamePad. I just can't get comfy with that controller. I still have my custom black Wavebird from 05 but there is no GC adaptors for states in all directions. I need a Pro Controller but my pockets are leaky right now.

Offline GK

• Lord of Lower Rank
  • Score: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: December 29, 2014, 10:40:50 AM »
I have altogether some the skills I had in this game. I think I can blame it on using the GamePad. I just can't get comfy with that controller. I still have my custom black Wavebird from 05 but there is no GC adaptors for states in all directions. I need a Pro Controller but my pockets are leaky right now.

Thinking of getting one too. My nunchuck/remote skills from Brawl don't seem to cut it anymore so I've been experimenting with the other options. I wish they gave us the option to use the D-pad for something other than Taunt with the Classic Pro. I've never been fond of using the joystick in 2D games.
Mission...complete?

Offline ClexYoshi

• Passionate Poster
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: December 30, 2014, 12:24:32 AM »
Thinking of getting one too. My nunchuck/remote skills from Brawl don't seem to cut it anymore so I've been experimenting with the other options. I wish they gave us the option to use the D-pad for something other than Taunt with the Classic Pro. I've never been fond of using the joystick in 2D games.

This is kinda a hilarious post inasmuch that Super Smash Bros. is a game that was designed to innovate with what analogue control could do for a game. have you ever played with Wii Remote on it's side? do you have fun doing smash attacks by hitting two buttons with an attack directions and having to double tap to dash?

not to mention that it becomes impossible to vector in the direction you want if you only have 8 input directions. or do the trick where characters can angle their smash attacks. and it kinda ruins the premise of tap jump. and you can't angle your shield or are stuck with rolls/dodges that you have to double tap for.

I would not wish Smash bros. with a digital input against my worst enemy.