Author Topic: Kanto Classic Pokemon Tournament Announced  (Read 1095 times)

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
Kanto Classic Pokemon Tournament Announced
« on: February 08, 2016, 11:34:44 AM »

The participation reward has issues dealing with ice, fairies, and all-terrain vehicles.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/41895/kanto-classic-pokemon-tournament-announced

After twenty years, a longstanding ingame hacked Pokémon will be legal.

The Pokémon Global Link has announced the Kanto Classic wi-fi battling tournament for Pokémon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire. Registration for the event opens on February 25 at midnight UTC and runs through March 3, and only Pokémon 1 through 149 are allowed to participate with no hold items. The battles will take place the weekend of March 5.

Participants who complete at least three battles will receive a special Dragonite designed to look like Lance's from Pokémon Red and Blue: it will come at level 62 with the moves Wrap, Agility, Slam and Barrier. The last of the moves was included in the Dragonite's moveset in Red and Green but was never legally available until now.

Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline Oedo

• This title is an insult!
  • Score: 9
    • View Profile
Re: Kanto Classic Pokemon Tournament Announced
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2016, 09:33:23 PM »
Get bodied three times and receive a special Dragonite? Seems easy enough, I'm down.