Author Topic: Mario Golf Delayed - What FREE SUPER Features Would You want To See?  (Read 4697 times)

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
  • Score: 34
    • View Profile
It has been announced that Mario Gold World Tour for 3DS has been delayed until 2014. Plenty of time to chat about what features we'd like to see included and, who knows, maybe start a MiiVerse campaign to try and influence some of those decisions.

I haven't played any of these titles but I hear rumblings that folks like some sort of RPG elements? How would those be incorporated?

What about characters? Power-ups? Course themes? Minigames?

How about different co-op modes like a "Texas Scramble" or something?

Online play would be nice. Would you prefer simultaneous or a-synchronous? What about teams and rankings and leaderboards?

Here's something: I wouldn't mind playing an online co-op mode where I am someone's "caddy" Not just for club selection but maybe I could do some sort of action once the shot was taken to influence the shot direction or speed or something? Maybe if I am quick enough, I could save the shot from going in the rough or sand or water? Maybe I could sabotage the other team's shots like in the Guitar Hero 5 Roadie Battle mode?

What would you like to see?
« Last Edit: June 14, 2013, 10:33:55 AM by Fatty_The_Hutt »
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
Re: Mario Golf Delayed - What Features Would You want To See?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2013, 10:21:18 AM »
I'l also like to see crazy clubs, like flamingos and bananas.
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
Re: Mario Golf Delayed - What FREE SUPER Features Would You want To See?
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2013, 02:57:56 PM »
I'd like to see mini golf return. I also want experience points to level up each character. That won't happen, so I will cry instead.
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2013, 08:08:06 PM »
The delay may have just been to space out releases, so they might not be doing much more work on the game. I'm not getting my hopes up.

What I would want out of it are some RPG elements. But I don't want to use generic characters, I want to build up Mario characters.

Offline Rubber Band AI

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2013, 02:25:36 PM »
The delay may have just been to space out releases, so they might not be doing much more work on the game. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Yeah, that is my fear as well.

At any rate, the only other Mario Golf game I've played is the GBC version on my 3DS, and I quite enjoy the single player with RPG elements. So I would love to see a single player campaign where you can take your Mii and earn experience points and level up. A StreetPass feature similar to gold rush in New Super Mario Bros. 2 would also be nice.

Offline Rubber Band AI

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2013, 02:27:43 PM »
I just had another great thought - an online Spotpass feature where you can play a game of golf and send it to your friends to compete with when they get a chance. Kind of like a turn-by-email thing, only you can complete the whole game and then your friend can compete with your "ghost" in real time. That would be awesome.

Offline ashlyquin123

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2013, 08:57:42 AM »
Street pass ghost data between specific friends AND for regular street pass ghost (Mario Kart 7)
Crazy Klubs would be cool.
Play as Mii or Mario from the start and unlock the who-evers
MUST HAVE ONLINE MULTI-PLAYER!!!
I loved Mario Golf 64!!! This was the MOST played game on my 64 next to Pokemon Stadium 2. Im looking forward to 2014!
Later skater....

Offline Fatty The Hutt

• Zut alors!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2017, 03:58:32 PM »
Are post bumps Still FREE today?
That's SUPER
Oui, Mon Gars!

Offline Phil

• Good day, citizens!
  • Score: 51
    • View Profile
    • SuperPhillip Central
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2017, 12:52:57 PM »
Post bumps are worth it for the best Mario Golf game imo. !!!!!
Switch Friend Code: SW-4962-7799-3963 (Phil)