Author Topic: Nintendo Switch Online Users Can Play A Tetris Battle Royale Game Right Now  (Read 962 times)

Offline NWR_Neal

• NWR Staff Pro
  • Score: 27
    • View Profile

Tetris 99 is a 99-player Tetris game that pits players against each other in frantic online play.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/49704/nintendo-switch-online-users-can-play-a-tetris-battle-royale-game-right-now

Nintendo announced during today’s Nintendo Direct that Tetris 99 is hitting the Switch eShop after the presentation, but the online-centric game will be exclusively free to Nintendo Switch Online subscribers.

Tetris 99 is essentially the battle royale version of Tetris as the hook is that you play online against 98 other players at one time and try to quickly and efficiently play Tetris to win.

Neal Ronaghan
Director, NWR

"Fungah! Foiled again!"

Offline ShyGuy

• Fight Me!
  • Score: -9660
    • View Profile
More Tetris is good tetris! The game seems simple, but challenging. I made it to #24 on my first attempt.

Offline lolmonade

• I wanna ride dolphins with you in the moonlight until the staff at Sea World kicks us out
  • Score: 29
    • View Profile
Tetris 99 is great.  It almost feels like a silly send-up of the Battle Royale genre.  Little touches like seeing tiny lanes of your opponents to your side, and the different ways you can direct your attacks by focusing on people close to KO'ing, or those targeting you, or even individually choosing who to target adds a small layer of strategy on-top of the core.