Author Topic: First Guitar Hero 5 Details Emerge  (Read 2493 times)

Offline NWR_pap64

• You are not the boss of me
  • Score: 25
    • View Profile
    • Nintendo World Report
First Guitar Hero 5 Details Emerge
« on: May 16, 2009, 05:02:49 AM »
The new Guitar Hero allows you to customize your band in bold new ways.
 http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/newsArt.cfm?artid=18450

Just a few days after Activision announced Guitar Hero 5 as part of their fall lineup, new details have surfaced. Guitar Hero 5Â’s biggest innovation is the ability for players to create their own band set up. For example, players can arrange a three guitar and single vocal band or a two guitar and two drum band. Guitar Hero 5 will also feature two new modes, Party Play and Rockfest, which boast even more customization for all players. Finally, all downloadable songs from Guitar Hero: World Tour will not only be compatible with Guitar Hero 5, but they will also be arranged to meet the new gameplay features and enhancements.    

Guitar Hero 5 will be rocking living rooms in Fall 2009.    

Guitar Hero continues to re-define the music and gaming experience this Fall with the release of Guitar Hero 5. Featuring the best variety and biggest rock stars of today combined with classic rock anthems, Guitar Hero 5 is the latest installment of the worldÂ’s most popular music game. For the first time ever, players can customize the make-up of their band by rocking with any combination of instruments in-game: whether it be two guitars and two drums, or three guitars and a microphone, any combination is possible, allowing players to experience music their own way.    

Brand new, innovative, easy-to-use gameplay modes like Party Play and RockFest put fun, competition and control at center stage as fans tailor the Guitar Hero experience to match their personal style and interests. For extended hours of entertainment, downloadable content from Guitar Hero® World Tour will be compatible with the game and will automatically be updated to include all of the upgrades and enhancements of Guitar Hero 5.    

Guitar Hero 5 features the strongest, most varied set list to-date comprised of master tracks from 85 of the hottest bands of today and the biggest classic acts including; Kings of Leon, The Rolling Stones, The White Stripes, Santana, Vampire Weekend, Tom Petty, Johnny Cash, Bob Dylan, plus more than 30 artists from a variety of music genres that will be making their music-rhythm video game debut.    

Among the first-time-ever features of Guitar Hero 5 are: Party Play, where players can jump in or drop out of gameplay seamlessly; RockFest?, a comprehensive competitive experience available featuring five new head-to-head modes playable online or in your living room; and the ability to play the entire set-list from the first time the game is turned on.    

Guitar Hero 5 refines the player experience, enhances the art style and redesigns core features such as GHMusic Studio, making it the most accessible, fun-to-play and authentic experience for seasoned music gamers as well as first-time players. New innovations such as Band Moments, where bands are rewarded for hitting special note streams together and song challenges where gamers are tasked to play through a song a specific way, add a new competitive layer of excitement and accomplishment to the music rhythm genre.  New songs include:  

• The Rolling Stones – Sympathy for the Devil  
  • Bob Dylan – All Along The Watchtower  
  • The White Stripes – Blue Orchid
  •  
  • Santana – No One To Depend On (LIVE)
  •  
  • Vampire Weekend – A-Punk  
  • Tom Petty - Runnin Down a Dream
  •  
  • Johnny Cash – Ring of Fire
  •  
  • Kings of Leon – Sex on Fire
  • Pedro Hernandez
    NWR Staff Writer

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • Score: -1
      • View Profile
    Re: First Guitar Hero 5 Details Emerge
    « Reply #1 on: May 16, 2009, 12:18:14 PM »
    I am still interested in how they will make a full band song out of White Stripes songs since the band only has a drummer and a guitarist/vocalist.
    PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
    Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
    3DS: 4124-5011-7289
    PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
    http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline Jonnyboy117

• Associate Editor
    • NWR Staff
    • Score: 37
      • View Profile
      • Nintendo World Report
    « Reply #2 on: May 16, 2009, 12:31:41 PM »
    Wait, the Dylan version of "Watchtower"?  Uh... that's a solo acoustic song.  And it's not exactly the best version, either.  (After hearing Jimi's version, Dylan started playing it that way too.)
    THE LAMB IS WATCHING!

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: May 16, 2009, 01:01:16 PM »
    I am still interested in how they will make a full band song out of White Stripes songs since the band only has a drummer and a guitarist/vocalist.

When they've had songs in GHWT with no vocals or no drums, they let that player freestyle through the whole song. That'd be harder to do with Bass, obviously, but maybe with the music studio engine they could do it?

I'm glad to see Rolling Stones is back in the music game business, apparently without demanding their own game. Here's hoping we see more of them in Rock Band as well. Sympathy for the Devil is one of my favorite songs.

Offline Flames_of_chaos

• Dancing News Panda
    • Score: -1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: May 16, 2009, 01:10:02 PM »
    I can't wait to hear the song selection in family friendly soundtrack that is going to be in Band Hero! </end sarcasm>
    PM me for DS and Wii game friend codes
    Wii: 6564 0802 7064 2744
    3DS: 4124-5011-7289
    PSN: Flames_of_chaos XBL tag: Evulcorpse
    http://twitter.com/flames_of_chaos/

Former NWR and PixlBit staff member.

Offline LuigiHann

• Score: 1
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: May 16, 2009, 03:27:22 PM »
    A lot of people are happy about the "any combination of instruments" idea, but I wonder how it'll work. If everybody plays the exact same chart, it kind of loses the "band" magic* in my eyes. If they break up the charts to feel more like co-op, I'd like that.

*not that GHWT ever really had "the magic" anyway