Author Topic: Memory Error Possibly Bricking Wii U Systems  (Read 1967 times)

Offline Br26

• OH REALLY
  • Score: 2
    • View Profile
    • Twitter
Memory Error Possibly Bricking Wii U Systems
« on: December 07, 2014, 09:02:39 AM »

The error seems to have something to do with faulty flash memory.

http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/news/39173/memory-error-possibly-bricking-wii-u-systems

An error code on certain Wii U systems are leaving some systems bricked, reports are circulating.

Error Code 160-0103 has popped up on certain systems, deleting save data and rendering games unplayable. A similar error code (160-1710) persists even in the data management menu, bricking the system. Those who are familiar with the situation note that it may be due to faulty flash memory within the Wii U system, though nothing is confirmed as of this writing.

While originally thought to be only found in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U, other games have had this problem as well, including Hyrule Warriors and Mario Kart 8. If you have experienced this error, please let us know in the feedback below!

Offline Vrgin X

• Score: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Memory Error Possibly Bricking Wii U Systems
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2014, 06:16:21 PM »
The only problem I've had so far was a frozen Wii U loading screen exiting Smash Bros. Nothing more...
Vrgin X 4425-1527-9290

Offline NeoThunder

• Score: -3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2014, 03:34:03 AM »
I had problems with my WiiU when it first came out the system would freeze up when I tried installing an external hard drive. I just gave up and haven't tried again since
Wii# 4120-9638-2308-7614
<BR>
<BR>Mario Kart# 3178-8705-8094
<BR>
<BR>Faith is the complete surrender and acceptence of total control

Offline kokumaker

• Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2014, 03:25:57 PM »
NeoThunder, there is an obscure command you can enter in the data management section of your Wii U settings that disables the external hard drive's sleep mode whim you are playing games. That sleep mode is what keeps freezing your system. Look it up and implement it; it'll solve your entire problem in about a minute!

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2014, 03:42:21 PM »
Sounds scary, I hope I don't run into it.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2014, 09:36:50 PM »
Judging from the list of games with issues I wonder if it has to do with poorly coded DLC implementation. I hope it is repairable. I will have to back up my data soon to be safe.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast