Author Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles Not Coming to North America  (Read 25182 times)

Offline Chocobo_Rider

• Embrace the status quo.
  • Score: 13
    • View Profile
Re: Xenoblade Chronicles Not Coming to North America
« Reply #50 on: June 24, 2011, 12:07:04 PM »
@ leahsdad

I think your assessment is very smart.  Keep being smart.

Side note: I did enjoy the PS1 Xenogears.  It's definitely weird and a bit clunky but it was a great game (to me).

@ EVERYONE

Why is no one up in arms about Rodea: The Sky Soldier!?! I want that game in English way more than the JRPGs! ^_^

Offline Ceric

• Once killed four Deviljho in one hunt
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 24, 2011, 12:14:57 PM »
@ leahsdad
I think your assessment is very smart.  Keep being smart.
Side note: I did enjoy the PS1 Xenogears.  It's definitely weird and a bit clunky but it was a great game (to me).
@ EVERYONE
Why is no one up in arms about Rodea: The Sky Soldier!?! I want that game in English way more than the JRPGs! ^_^
Honestly because I didn't know the game Existed.  Did you start a thread about it?  I'm interested only because it reminds me of the Sonic Storybook games and .Hack//Sign .  Though whats with the jerky launching in the trailer?
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes
so, I don't have to edit as Much.

Offline Ian Sane

• Champion for Urban Champion
  • Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 24, 2011, 12:21:30 PM »
According to Neo Gaf (who sometimes do have insider info on these things) the rumor of why this game isn't coming to North America is because Sin and Punishment: Star Successor bombed.  Apparently, even though the Virtual Console release of Sin and Punishment did well in North America, NOA was never happy with the fact Iwata allowed a sequel to be made because of it.  They had no problem releasing an $11 N64 downloadable game that cost nothing, but didn't want to release a full priced sequel in America that would actually cost some money to release because they saw no market for the game.

Well that does fit my theory that with NOA it's huge megahit or nothing.  Sin & Punishment 2 was doomed because prior to its release Nintendo had done a thorough job of scaring away its target audience.  They've scared away the Xenoblade audience as well so I don't think it would be a hit here.  The reason to release it is entirely to not **** in the face of loyal Nintendo fans who have put up with the Wii's bullshit all these years and deserve to have SOMETHING released between now and Zelda.

Offline millerball

• Score: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 24, 2011, 03:29:19 PM »
There's no excuse to pass on this game. Even if it fails at retail, they can have it up for sale on a virtual console 20 years from now.

Offline KisakiProject

• Score: -8
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 24, 2011, 04:42:03 PM »
My letter to NOA

I am contacting you today because I have been a fan of Nintendo systems and games for nearly 2 decades.  Like 100,000s of other people I camped out over night to pick up a Wii day one back in 2006.  I was excited not only for the new way to play but for the dearth of quality games I knew would come to my brand new Wii system.  I have been a fan of Nintendo for a very long time and purchased all of their systems and have bought $1000s worth or software and accessories over the years.  Like many avid gamers I buy all the system but Nintendo has always been number one to me.

I know the Wii has alienated many hardcore gamers.  I was excited when I heard Nintendo's executives address this.  I was excited because I believed Nintendo would finally address some of the concerns die hard fans had with system's lack of games.

To my dismay its come to my attention Nintendo of America will not release Xenoblade in the United States.  Even though it has already been localized by the European branch of your company and is being released in Europe.  This is frustrating to me as a consumer.  I know how much it costs to translate games from Japanese to English.  Sometimes its not worth the investment.  I understand that.  But what is the point of not releasing it if its already been translated into English by the Nintendo of Europe.  As someone who has had, admittedly limited, work in the music business I know pressing discs and shipping them is a cost.  But its far form the most substantial. I imagine its the same with video games. As businessman I don't see how this product being release will loose money for your business.  But maybe there is something I don't know.

This isn't the first time Nintendo of America has not release a product that has been released in Europe in English.  As a Wii owner it has been frustrating to have so many games be passed by for US release over the years.  Many I would have purchased.  This is the first time its happened when it has genuinely frustrated me. Xenoblade was a title I was greatly looking forward too. In addition I know Nintendo of Europe has planned to release The Last Story.  Another JRPG Nintendo of America is unlikely to publish here in the USA.  This too is frustrating to me.  Especially since that particular title is made by Hironobu Sakaguchi the creator of Final fantasy.  It could not have a higher pedigree.

As a Wii owner there have been fewer games over the years that appeal to hardcore gamer.  I don't understand why games that are readily translated to English are not being released.  This experience has made me reconsider purchasing a Wii U.  Especially if Nintendo of America's track record has been to ignore its hardcore fanbase.  In addition I am a recent 3DS owner.  Now I'm wondering if that was a wise financial purchase.  I would be greatly disappointed if games were left in Europe for that system.  I hope that won't be the case.

I know you are just a customer service representative.  You are problem thinking to yourself "why I am I getting all these emails about Xenoblade."  I have had the most pleasant experiences when I have called your customer service before.  You guys fixed my DSI in record time.  I know Nintendo hires people that genuinely care.  I doubt my letter or anyone else can change the decisions that have been made at your company.  But it we be kind of you to pass this message along to your managers.  I hope Nintendo takes this fan out pouring seriously.  Thank you for your time.  Have a wonderful day.

Offline King of Twitch

• twitch.tv/zapr2k i live for this
  • Score: 141
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 24, 2011, 04:46:20 PM »
You missed a few apostrophes and probably meant probably instead of problem.
"I deem his stream to be supreme and highly esteem his Fortnite team!" - The Doritos Pope and his Mountain Dew Crew.

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 24, 2011, 04:52:04 PM »
Not a bad letter.
Need a Personal NonCitizen-Magical-Elf-Boy-Child-Game-Abused-King-Kratos-Play-Thing Crimm Unmaker-of-Worlds-Hunter-Of-Boxes

Offline UltimatePartyBear

• Voice of Reason
  • Score: 35
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2011, 05:07:18 PM »
You missed a few apostrophes and probably meant probably instead of problem.

There were more probablys than that, but I'm not about to go all English teacher on it.  I just wanted to point out that misusing "dearth" in this context struck me as sadly hilarious.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2011, 07:52:50 PM »
Check out Nintendo's Facebook post about Sonic's Anniversary.

http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/posts/162340667167231

It's turned into a massive post about them bringing Xenoblade, The Last Story, over to North America. Posted earlier in the day myself.

Destrouctoid also picked up on the letter writing campaign those at the IGN forums have started. Plan on sending in one myself when the time comes. Sent a few email letters this morning as well... On vacation so I had some time today.
http://www.destructoid.com/letter-writing-campaign-for-last-story-pandora-s-tower-204505.phtml#comment

This might all be a waste of time in the end. It does make me feel a bit better though.

Offline Sarail

• That Starlink makes me wet.
  • Score: 10
    • View Profile
    • Sarail's Safe Haven
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2011, 08:17:04 PM »
I'm just glad to see everyone uniting for a cause -- to bring these three games to the devoid Wii release schedule. We deserve these games after all of the crap we've dealt with on this console.
I like Nintendo more than j00!
Jet. Force. Gemini. 'Nuff said.
Muh Backloggery!

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• Animal Crossing Hustler
  • Score: 409
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: June 24, 2011, 09:44:18 PM »
Check out Nintendo's Facebook post about Sonic's Anniversary.

http://www.facebook.com/Nintendo/posts/162340667167231

It's turned into a massive post about them bringing Xenoblade, The Last Story, over to North America. Posted earlier in the day myself.

Destrouctoid also picked up on the letter writing campaign those at the IGN forums have started. Plan on sending in one myself when the time comes. Sent a few email letters this morning as well... On vacation so I had some time today.
http://www.destructoid.com/letter-writing-campaign-for-last-story-pandora-s-tower-204505.phtml#comment

This might all be a waste of time in the end. It does make me feel a bit better though.

Well the story is that is that NoA didn't let NoE show Xenoblade @ E3 because "they didn't want to show a game that they weren't gonna sell" right.
So if they don't plan on selling it... and they haven't announced this years Club Nintendo Elite Award... naw... I'm just playin. that would be a Megaton announcement though. Too crazy to actually happen. No way Nintendo would just give it away to ClubN Elite members, right?

Offline Adrock

• Chill, Valentine
  • Score: 138
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 24, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
It's sad that this has come down to petitions, letters and Facebook grousing to try to convince Nintendo of America to not abandon an entire platform and release games that should have been brought over months ago without question which include the spiritual successors of one of the most popular RPGs of the last decade and one of the most popular RPG franchises of all time. If they were worried about sales, a limited run or selling the game directly through their website could have greatly lessened any risk. The important thing is that they release those games at all.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
  • Score: 98
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 25, 2011, 12:18:04 AM »
While I can't say I'd get very involved (sorry guys, not my cups of tea... besides, where was all of your support when I wanted Another Code R to get released here?), perhaps NWR should do an article supporting IGN's campaign... give it some more exposure...
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline leahsdad

• This title stolen by Rhythm Thief
  • Score: 8
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 25, 2011, 12:56:34 AM »
While I can't say I'd get very involved (sorry guys, not my cups of tea... besides, where was all of your support when I wanted Another Code R to get released here?

I'll get involved.  I think this is awesome, even if it doesn't work.  I know I wrote on this thread yesterday something like "it's not good business for NOA to release Xeno or Last Story" but I also wrote "I love JRPG's" and I am thrilled to play Last Story.  My favorite FF's, far and away, are the early and middle ones, from 2 to X, pretty much in that order.  Since Last Story is being helmed by that dude, I am stoked.   

And while we're bringing up JRPG's of yesteryear, I want to see a Grandia 4.  2 and 3 were awesome, and no game has used that battle system since.
[Showing off game collection]

Oh yeah, I know I have 2 sealed copies of that game.   1 is for trading.  But people who collect Amiibos?  They really have a problem!

Offline KDR_11k

• boring person
  • Score: 28
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 25, 2011, 04:09:41 AM »
Funny, when America doesn't get a game there's a massive uproar. I guess we Europeans are already used to getting half the games the US sees.

Offline SixthAngel

• Score: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 25, 2011, 04:22:50 AM »
Sucks but I'll be getting the Euro versions so it doesn't effect me in the slightest.

NoA localization has been horrible for the Wii.  I get the feeling there is some kind of power struggle between the different branches.  Releasing these games should have been about just keeping momentum sometimes even if the sales weren't awesome.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 25, 2011, 04:54:22 AM »
Funny, when America doesn't get a game there's a massive uproar. I guess we Europeans are already used to getting half the games the US sees.

Not this gen. Europe is getting almost twice as much as the U.S.
http://www.nintendoworldreport.com/forums/index.php?topic=34919.msg683255#msg683255

Offline Shaymin

• Not my circus, not my monkeys
  • NWR Staff
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
    • You're on it
« Reply #67 on: June 25, 2011, 07:11:05 AM »
Didn't Iwata say in a financial report that the North American/European release schedule would be padded with previously import-only titles? Sometime in the last year, no less?
Donald Theriault - News Editor, Nintendo World Report / 2016 Nintendo World Champion
Tutorial box out.

Offline NeoStar9X

• Score: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 25, 2011, 07:44:01 AM »
This seems to have causes Xenoblade/Monado: Beginning of the World to shoot up the charts on Amazon.com.

http://www.amazon.com/Monado-Beginning-World-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002IM1MYG/ref=pd_ts_zgc_vg_14219011_5?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&pf_rd_p=1279980182&pf_rd_s=right-6&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=14218901&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=08FP0Z5M2Y4GVRM9QSQ4

Currently listed the following.

#33 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)
#1 in Video Games > Wii > Action
#5 in Video Games > Wii > All Games

Pre-ordered the game myself. I believe it was listed as #1200 out of all games before this started.

The Sonic post at their Facebook account is now past 1300 post and all of them save a 100 I think or maybe even less are Xenoblade, etc related.

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 25, 2011, 01:22:55 PM »
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #9 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

#1 in Video Games > Wii > All Games
Just some random guy on the internet who has a different opinion of games than you.

Offline Mop it up

• And I've gotta say...
  • Score: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 25, 2011, 02:01:28 PM »
Didn't Iwata say in a financial report that the North American/European release schedule would be padded with previously import-only titles? Sometime in the last year, no less?
He said that about the DS, not the Wii.

Offline BlackNMild2k1

• View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 25, 2011, 02:23:06 PM »
He said that about the DS, not the Wii.

Nintendo to localize Japan only games....[/size][/font]

Offline Ceric

• View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 25, 2011, 04:27:43 PM »
Ironically once you sell a system what is the difference between selling one other game to a more casual audience than selling 2 Niche games to a Niche player?

Offline UncleBob

• (PATRON)
  • NWR Junior Ranger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 25, 2011, 04:38:00 PM »
Amazon Bestsellers Rank: #1 in Video Games (See Top 100 in Video Games)

#1 in Video Games > Wii > All Games