Author Topic: The Switch has more RPG's announced than the Wii U had retail.  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Stogi

• The Stratos You Should All Try To Be Like
  • Score: 18
    • View Profile
The Switch has more RPG's announced than the Wii U had retail.
« on: January 18, 2017, 09:12:32 PM »
This leads me to believe that developers see the Switch as a 3DS successor, which makes me believe that so does Nintendo, which will likely release Pokemon for the console - instantly making the Switch a success.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2017, 09:15:52 PM by Stogi »
black fairy tales are better at sports

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
Re: The Switch has more RPG's announced than the Wii U had retail.
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 10:15:20 PM »
I want to believe that, but Fire Emblem Warriors will be a dual Switch/3DS release. This makes me think it may be a slower conversion that we anticipated.

Pokemon would certainly help this along, but the most obvious choices for Nintendo seem to be the most difficult.

I will remain optimistic though.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline Evan_B

• Formally known as Bevan Ee
  • Score: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 10:31:05 PM »
If they can sway the Vita's RPG developer market, they can really sell this system. While RPGs are a mixed bag in the west, they definitely have the power to move units over in Japan. I'm just hoping we can get a fraction of them here.
I am a toxic person engaging in toxic behavior.

Offline Agent-X-

• I speak Gibberish
  • Score: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 10:50:47 PM »
I want to believe that, but Fire Emblem Warriors will be a dual Switch/3DS release. This makes me think it may be a slower conversion that we anticipated.

Pokemon would certainly help this along, but the most obvious choices for Nintendo seem to be the most difficult.

I will remain optimistic though.

I'm thinking the same thing regarding dual releases to 3DS. While it's not uncommon to continue support for the previous platform, there's also the fact that Nintendo continues to label the Switch as a home console that can be taken on-the-go. This has me worried that they might possibly keep Pokemon on 3DS and possible future iterations of the 3DS.

It's a total no brainer to me that the key to the Switch's success is definitely Pokemon. There is no bigger system seller than Pokemon.

Offline Stratos

• Stale lazy meme pirate
  • Score: 70
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 11:59:37 PM »
Maybe they will keep the 3DS around until the next version of the Switch which is a smaller, pocket version.
My Game Collection
NNID: Chronocast
Switch: SW-6786-5514-9978
3DS Friend Code: 0447-5723-6467
XBL Gamertag: Chronocast

Offline KeyBilly

• Donkey Kong is here!
  • Score: -1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2017, 02:48:36 PM »
I hope the Fire Emblem Echoes game comes to Switch.  I have a 3DS, but the resolution is low and I don't want to carry around two handhelds (three counting my phone, and I've just stopped using my tablet).

Marketing the Switch as a console allows Nintendo to more reasonably sell their big titles at $60, even if it is more handheld than console in the traditional sense.  Bundling it with a standard controller would have helped sell the illusion more.  If they keep releasing games with high production values and large scope like Zelda and Mario, I don't mind.  The 3DS is the low end alternative with a great library.

Speaking of that, it would be cool if Nintendo release a Joycon in the future with a D-pad and a 3DS cartridge slot... a Super 3DS.